I Forgot to Remember to Forget

i forgot to remember to forget chapter 2

Chapter 2

The sun was shinning bright when I woke up the next morning. I didn’t want to get up but I knew I couldn’t stay in bed after all I had a life to live one that couldn’t stop just because I got my heart broke. Awful things happened everyday in the world but that doesn’t mean the world just stops spinning for your ass.

On that note I got up and got ready to begin my day. I went back to my usual routine trying to not think about anything except what I was doing in that very moment. I was making the bed when it hit the floor. The envelope with my name on written in Tygas hand writing. I picked it up and sat down on the bed just starring at it. Should I open it? I thought to myself.

I sat there and thought about it for a while then I realized opening it would only cause things to be worse, it would only make me cry again. I decided not to open it so I went downstairs to my office and put the envelope in the top juror of my desk. It would always be there if I was to ever change my mind.
The answering machine in my office said I had 12 new messages, most of which I new were from Nicki her and I had become best friends and I knew she would want to make sure I was okay. I pressed play to find that 9 of them were from Nicki, and the other 2 were business calls and 1 was a hang up.

I knew that I had to talk to Nicki but I wasn’t sure if I was strong enough to actually talk on the phone so I texted her instead.
M: hey nicki I just got your messages. What’s up?
N: don’t you what’s up me, I know what happened and I need to make sure your okay. So are you? Okay?
I took a minute before I replied back. The tears were welling up inside of me and I wasn’t sure I could get back to normal so fast.
M: …..I’m as okay as ill ever be at this point in time.
N: well I’m gonna come over. We don’t have to talk about it I just know you don’t need to be alone.
M: okay see you when you get here

Nicki said we didn’t have to talk about it but I new even if it took her all day she would bring it up some how. I really wanted her to visit but I was dreading when the time came for 20 questions.