Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 7

“Never again.” I moan leaning against Matt. On the top of the Stratosphere there is a roller coaster and that ride that lifts you up then drops you down. Matt had finally taken me after tons of begging. My stomach had done cirques du lay tricks in my body and was still was. All I’d eaten this morning was a fruit salad and I felt like throwing that up.

"Why did you let me on those horrible rides?’ I say against Matt’s chest. Matt laughs and shrugs.

“Because you’re too stubborn to listen to me.” I stick out my toung and Matt raises an eyebrow. I slide my toung back into my mouth so he won’t touch it and lean gently over the railing. The whole city is stretched out before us and the sun is shining brightly. The air is lightly cool but not too bad.

“Hey Stephanie I’m going to run the bathroom okay?” Matt says. I nod and he walks off. I put my chin in my hands and look at the city spread under me like a child’s play set.

I lean forward and slip. I jerk my body back and hands wrap around my waist pulling me back. I can’t believe this is the second time I’d almost fell today. It figures I’d be graceful unless it involved heights. My hero lets go of me and I turn around to thank him. He’s about five nine and has short brown hair that brushed his ears. He's wearing loose black jeans and a white t shirt. He stared down at me with chocolate colored eyes.

“Thank you.” I say. He smiles and gently takes my hand. He kisses the back of it.

“It was my pleasure to save a beautiful women.” He says. I blush and look away. He grips my chin gently (something Matt had never done) until I'm staring at him.

“You must keep your head up it shows confidence. Put it down and you’ll attract the wrong kind of men.” I look into his eyes.

“Are you the wrong kind of guy?” He laughs and my heart skipped a beat. He was so cute.

“Depends.”

“On what?”

“What you want me to be.” He says. My breath catches. He cocks his head.

“Don’t I deserve a reward for saving you?” I pat my pocket.

“I don’t have anything.” He grabs my wrist and pulls me to him.

“How about a kiss?” He says and I all I do is open my mouth to try and force out a convincing no. Even through I kind of want him to.

“How about no thanks?” I’m yanked away from the guy and Matt pulls me to his side.

”Hi Matt he saved me and was just-”

“Claiming my reward. And who would you be?” The guy says sizing up Matt in his jeans and sleeveless blue button up with the top buttons undone.

‘Matthew Sykes. This is my girlfriend Stephanie Summers.” Matt says emphasizing the my. The man doesn’t seem shaken.

“I’m Romeo Valentino. It’s nice to meet one of the owners of The Blue Negligee. I was look forward to visiting your business while I’m here in Vegas.” Romeo says a microscopic smirk on his lips. I tighten my hold on Matt’s arm as I feel him move slightly forward. All we needed was for him to toss Romeo over the side.

“I look forward to it also Mr. Valentino.’ Matt says. Romeo smiles again at me then walks away toward the elevator. Once he ‘s out of sight Matt turns angerly to me.

“He saved you? How with his toung?”

“Matt I didn’t even kiss him and I almost fell!” I argue. Matt scoffs.

“You're just clumsy today aren’t you Stephanie?” I pull away from him and walk away. Matt follows me.

“Where are you going Stephanie?"

“To asks Romeo out on a date maybe he’ll treat me nicer.” Matt grabs me and spins me around. His fingers dig into my shoulder but I don’t dare cry out.

“I’m sorry Matt.” I say. He lets me go and before he leans away I slap him across the face with all my strength. People around us gasp and I turn and run away. I was stupid to believe this could work. Matt would always think I was his Baby Doll. He didn’t want a girlfriend a wife a mother to his children. He wanted a living doll he could fuck and hurt at any time and I refused to be that doll anymore.