Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 6

“Six a clock on the dot.” Jason mutters as he locks up the café. Matt is sitting in the parking lot in his black Laraki Fulgura.

“Actually it’s about six o six.” I say looking down at my phone. My other hand is holding a tin of cookies Jason made.

“But he was sitting here at six. Maybe he thought I was going to make love to you on the counter after work.” Jason muses and I push his arm.

“Don't even say that!" I remark.

Jason looks up at the sky which is a light indigo. He has an unlit cigarette dangling from his lips and his hair was coming loose from his ponytail allowing strands to caress his forehead and cheeks as they danced in the light breeze. I try to give Jason a quick hug . Jason pulls me against his chest and buries his face in my neck smelling my perfume then his arms wrap solidly around my waist. He holds the pose until Matt lays on the horn.

“Bye Goldilocks and tell Matt I said hello.” I shake my head and can’t help the smile that tugs at my lips.

“Okay goodbye Jason.” I say before hurrying over to Matt’s car. I slide in the passenger side and barely click my seat belt on before Matt’s racing after the parking lot. I grab the door.

“Matt slow down!"

“One minute.” He says and one look at my face told me to just go with the flow. Once were a little ways away from the café he slows down and I relax.

“God Jason doesn’t understand don’t touch.” He mutters.

“Matt I’m my own person and don’t need to speak for me like you own me. If he tries anything I’ll take care of it.” I say but Matt doesn’t look happy.

“He was just touching you.”

“He was just spiting you. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow.” I say poking Matt’s arm. Matt slows to a stop at a red light and drums his fingers in the steering wheel.

“I don’t like him.” He finally says.

“But he made us some awesome cookies.” I say holding up the tin. Matt shrugs.

“I can love something and not like it’s maker.”

“How?”

“I love my sisters and myself but wouldn’t care if my sperm donor dropped dead.” Matt says simply switching the car into drive.

Matt rarely talked about his family which consisted of an older brother named Josh, Matt’s sisters Maria and Jaclyn and his mom and dad. His dad didn’t care about him, his mom was depressed and his older brother was the golden child. He also cared about his little sisters a lot and constantly worried about his them turning into one parents.

“Matt you know you can talk to me right?” I say quietly not wanting him to freeze me out like he usually did when the topic came up. Matt blew his cheeks out like until he looked like a chipmunk then he let it out.

“Maybe later right now I just want go o home take a long bath and relax.” Matt says. I nod and look out the window watching Vegas rush past me.

"Stephanie thank you for trying to . . . talk to me. Your the only person who understands because I've known you forever and didn't lie to you about my family"

"I know Matt that's why I want you to talk to me."

'I wish we could be how we used to be." I look even harder out the window making it seem as if I was searching for the secrets of the universe.

"Maybe you shouldn't have raped me." I whisper and I get no response. I look at Matt and swear I see pure anguish on his face.

"I'm sorry Matt I don't know why I said it." I say but Matt shakes his head. The apology feels wrong on my lips.

"No Baby Doll speak your mind I shouldn't have done it. " I turn away. But he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Matt's Car