Status: Done!

Could It Be Love?

Just say yes

Zack got out of the hospital two weeks after his surgery. His mother and brother had arrived long enough to sign the papers for consent then they left. Matt staid with him every day after the surgery, he made sure Zack was happy and he would often kiss the small man gently letting him know he was there for him. Matt had gotten to take Zack home and that day everything seamed to fall into place but first there had to be a little bit of trouble. Some how Brian found out where they live and stopped by to see how Zack was doing. He literally forced his way into our apartment and rushed up the stairs to see Zack.

“What the fuck!” Zack yelled up the stairs Brian had obviously scared the crap out of him. Matt rushed up the stairs to calm Zack. “What are you doing here?”

“How are you feeling?” Brian asked while Matt stood in the door way.

“Fine now get the fuck out!” Zack yelled pointing to the door a huffy look on his face.

“Zack your mom came by to sign the papers but to find your next of kin I had to get a hold of Brian. We have been in a band together for a few years, I didn’t tell you before because I didn’t want to upset you but it’s the truth. I didn’t know your connection to him until we started what ever the hell it is we have between us.” Zack sat there looking at me like I grew another head.

“I don’t want him here Matt.” Zack said looking defeated letting his eyes fall to his lap.

“Look I just came to make sure things are going okay with you Zack, I know you hate me and everything but I never stopped caring.” Brian said quietly.

“You never stopped caring but you let your mother throw me out when I had nowhere to go! You chose Michelle over me!” Zack screamed, Matt walked over to his smaller lover and sat next to him pulling the now sobbing boy to his chest. Matt laid back and let his friend cry on his chest kissing his head whispering soothing words in his ear.

“Calm down baby, let your body relax.” Matt stated letting his lips peck at Zack’s forehead. Zack looked up at him and placed his lips gently against Matt’s. Matt accepted the gentle kiss and smiled down at his lover when they broke away.

“I never thought I would see the day! Big bad Matt Sanders would be into men and so comfortable with it.” Brian chuckled.

“Before him and other than him I’m not.” Matt said looking right at Brian.

“I am doing fine Brian, now will you please leave I need to talk to Matt.” Zack said finally calmed down enough to form a full sentence.

“Yeah, I will let myself out. Call me soon Matt we need to find another guitarist.” Brian said motioning with his head for Matt to talk to Zack about it. He knew Zack use to be an amazing guitarist and if he will be okay with joining the band they could really hit it big. He found his way down stairs, neither man spoke until the front door slammed shut.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, I didn’t want to scare you away from me babe. We use to do a few tours back when we were young, I never told you about them because again I didn’t want to push you away. Every time I would get back from tour Val would be in my bed with another man. This time she chose my best friend, our bassist. I love the kid and I don’t blame him at all it is her, she uses people. I have lived my life just like I told you I just left out the touring part. When I was home I do what I did up until I met you. The same things every damn day Zacky and for some reason when you woke up I couldn’t tell you this, but now I am ready. Zack I love you more than anything, I know we haven’t known each other for very long but I do love you so fucking much.” Matt spoke his mind tears in his eyes. “When we got in the accident and they told me you needed the surgery and I started to panic. I didn’t want to loose you baby. I was mad at myself for not telling you sooner or even having the balls to ask you to be my boyfriend.”

“You want me to be you-” Zack couldn’t finish his sentence due to the tears in his eyes. “I love you too Matt.” Matt placed an innocent kiss upon Zack’s soft lips.

“Be mine Zack?” Matt asked once the kiss broke apart.

“Of course baby.” Zack said smiling to himself. “Matt?”

“Yeah sweetie?” Matt asked looking down in his lovers eyes.

“Make love to me, please?” Zack pleaded with his lover. Matt looked down at this boyfriend and connected their lips slowly for a gentle kiss. When he pulled away he left Zack breathless.

“I’m sorry babe, the doctor said you can't have to much physical activity for a while.” Matt spoke lovingly to Zack.

“Damn it!”