Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 19

“So,” Kurt said immediately when he saw me in the hallway on Monday, “what are you going to do to get her back?”

I loved how we were basically in the same mindset. It was also good to know that there was at least one sane person in the school.

“Oh,” I answered with a smirk, “you’ll see.”

A few minutes later, I noticed Santana walking down the hallway with Brittany. Brittany was going on about some squirrel that she found in her cat’s mouth on Saturday, and Santana was rolling her eyes constantly, not even pretending to be interested.

“Watch this,” I whispered, shutting my locker. I made my way down the hallway, looking as normal and passive as possible, even though my heart was beating incredibly fast.

Then, right as I passed Santana, I flicked up my wrist, drenching her in grape-flavored slushie. As she looked up with a scary expression that showed anger and humiliation, I just smiled at her smugly.

“You’re so going down, you fucking bitch!” she screamed at me, wiping off her face.

“It’s on,” I smirked, throwing the cup at her and continuing down the hallway toward my first class.

Thankfully, my stunt in the hallway was the new talk of the day, the vicious rumor about me old news. The whispers that followed me didn’t bother me, since they were all excited, not taunting. A couple of people even came up to thank me for doing what they had wanted to do their whole lives.

It made me feel pretty damn good.

“You better watch your back,” Puck warned me when he saw me at the end of the day. “Throwing a slushie in her face was probably the stupidest thing you could have done.”

“Why? She’s one of the only people in Glee that hasn't been slushied, so she might as well have gotten her taste.”

“As true as that is, you kind of messed up her Cheerios uniform. She wants to kill you.”

I shrugged. “I have more things to worry about right now. I can’t go to Glee, since I have to go home and watch Grayson. His mom isn’t picking him up until Friday.”

“We’re rehearsing for Sectionals tomorrow though…we’re getting our setlist and stuff.”

“I’m sorry, but a toddler being home alone is a little more important. Why don’t you learn it, and then come over and teach me this weekend?”

“You want me to teach you what I know?” he questioned suggestively, smiling.

“You know what I mean!” I laughed. “Anyway, I’m going to get back to the house.”

“Hold on. I’ll go check in to Glee and say that I’m going to be a little late, and then I’ll drive you home. You’ll be able to take care of him faster.”

I stared at him for a second, since he was being decidedly un-Puck-like, but nodded. “Alright.”

We went into Glee Club, and Puck walked off to talk to Mr. Schue. I wasn’t paying attention, and next thing I knew, I was shoved into the wall.

“What’s wrong with you? You’re a nobody,” Santana screamed at me. “You don’t have the right to slushie me!”

I stood up quickly and punched her across the jaw. Shoving was so not my style. “And you don’t have the right to tell the whole school some crazy lie that I have a dick!”

“You deserved that! You didn’t stay away from Puck!”

“Nothing is happening between Puck and me!” I defended.

“You’re so full of shit!”

She came forward and shoved me against the wall again. I came up and kneed her in the stomach so she doubled over for a second. Then, I smashed my knee into her face.

When she came up again, she slapped me across the mouth and pulled my hair so hard, it almost seemed to be torn out of my scalp. In retaliation, I punched her just below her eye. I didn’t know what had gotten into me, my actions completely dictated by impulse and the adrenaline flowing through my veins.

Finally, Finn got between us, his hand on my rapidly rising and falling chest. “Stop!” he demanded. “Look, it doesn’t matter what’s going on outside Glee. We’re a team here.”

Puck was standing in the background, gawking at the whole thing. He was too stupid to know that he had to jump into the fight.

“Yeah, Santana,” I snapped angrily, running my tongue over my teeth. The copper taste of blood overwhelmed my taste buds.

She bound forward again, but she ran right into Finn’s other hand.

“Stop!” Finn repeated. “This is really stupid.”

Puck walked over then and grabbed my hand. “C’mon,” he whispered in my ear, “you have to get to Gray.”

Nodding, I shot another vicious look at Santana. Finn was talking to her in a low voice, but I didn’t get to hear what he said, since Puck was basically pulling me away.

“You’re a pretty good fighter,” he complimented once we were getting into his car. “I didn’t expect that.”

“I’ve never fought before,” I mumbled. I could still taste the blood in my mouth, and I hoped that she didn’t seriously hurt me. Thankfully, I had a feeling that she was going to look infinitely worse.

“You fooled me.”

“I never knew that she was actually going to come after me. Now that it’s escalated this far, I kind of want it all to be over.”

Puck didn’t say anything about that. “You looked pretty hot in that girl fight.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “God, even after all that, you still want to go after me, huh?”

“Always,” he grinned.

When we got to my house, I got out of the car. “Thanks for the ride.”

“No problem.” I slammed the door behind me and ran into the house.

“Ellie!” Grayson exclaimed, running toward me with his hands up in the air.

“Hey, baby,” I greeted, scooping him up into my arms. “Wanna go watch some Sprout?”

He nodded enthusiastically. “Mouth,” he said, putting his hand right where Santana had hit me.

I didn’t know what he was trying to point out, so I just played along innocently. “Yes, mouth.”

“Bad.”

Oh, hell. I stayed quiet until we got to my room. Putting him down on my bed, I set up the TV. When everything was all set up, I made a beeline for my mirror and leaned in close, examining the damage.

It was a lot worse than I thought it was. Now that my adrenaline was slowing, the pain and soreness was starting to kick in. There was a cut that was about an inch long coming from the corner of my mouth, an ugly black and blue bruise forming around it. Running my tongue along the inside, I realized that my teeth must have sliced my cheek, triggering the blood I tasted earlier.

“Ugh, I hate her,” I hissed, feeling the tenderness of the wound.

“ELMO!” Grayson squealed, toddling up to the TV and putting his palm over the picture of the small red monster.

I didn’t want him to grow up and have to face the drama of being a teenager, but I knew that it was inevitable.

“That’s right,” I smiled, curling up on the bed behind him and pulling him into my lap. He seemed to be watching the show without blinking.

It hit me right then, the butterflies. What was Santana going to do back at school?
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. Drama. :p