Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 45

“I swear,” Puck threatened as he pulled into Finn’s driveway the next day, “if I find out that he even so much as makes a move on you, I’m going to squish his head like a grape.” He had insisted on driving me, even though Finn could have easily have driven me himself. Though Puck was so nervous that I was going to cheat on him that he didn’t care if he had to kill the planet in the process.

“Just shut up,” I told him. “I’ll see you back here at six, okay?”

He nodded, kind of shocked that I’d just been so blunt, and I hurried into the house.

“Ellie,” Kurt greeted at the door with a smile. “Here to work with Finn on your duet?”

“Yup,” I responded, stepping past him into the house. “Where is he?”

“Downstairs, in our room. I’m under strict orders not to go down there while you’re here, so there’s no danger of me spying.”

“I wouldn’t figure that you’d spy on us anyway. I’ll talk to you later, okay?” I made my way down to their room to find Finn sitting at the computer.

“Still researching?” I questioned, taking a seat on his bed.

He jumped a little before turning around. “God, Ellie. You just scared me half to death.”

“You’re welcome. Alright, so what did you find for song selections?”

Finn closed down all the internet windows that he had up before taking a seat next to me. He sat Indian-style, facing me, as he proposed, “A couple, actually. I know that you like Oldies and stuff, but I was kind of leaning toward…Two is Better Than One by Boys like Girls and Taylor Swift.”

“Sounds great,” I agreed, nodding. “I like it.”

“Cool,” he sighed in relief. Despite my attempts at controlling myself, I let out a little laugh. “What?”

“You sound like you were so nervous. Why? You always choose awesome songs.”

“Thanks, but I just wanted to make sure that the song was, you know, perfect.” He stared at me for a second before turning around, switching on the CD player. “I was hoping that you’d say it was a good choice, so I already put it on a CD with the music. And,” he handed me a piece of paper, “I printed the lyrics.”

“God, you would have been screwed if I said I hated that song, huh?” I chuckled a bit before humming along with the music.

Then, Finn started to sing:

I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life and I thought,
“Hey, you know, this could be something.”
‘Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I’m left with nothing.


I joined in for the chorus before singing my first line.

I remember every look upon your face

As Finn sang his couple of lines, I realized just how much more he was getting into the song than I was. I was definitely going to have to work on my emotion in the song, since it was completely being drowned out.

So in my next part, which I sang along with Finn, I tried as hard as I could to show that I meant it.

‘Cause when I close my eyes and drift away
I think of you and everything’s okay
I’m finally now believing

That maybe it’s true
That I can’t live without you
And maybe two is better than one
But there’s so much time
To figure out the rest of my life
And you’ve already got me coming undone
And I’m thinking two is better than one.


The song soon finished, and I sat back, leaning on my hands. “Not bad,” I commented. “Not bad at all.”

“Our voices sound great together,” Finn nodded. “Want to run through it again?”

“Sure,” I agreed.

That time, I focused hard on making it feel like I actually felt that Finn was my other half, my soul mate. It wasn’t easy, since the thought of Puck kept coming into mind, but I tried.

“You know, you could give Rachel a run for her money with your singing,” Finn told me in the middle of the song.

“Really?” I joked. “That’s funny. Thanks anyway.”

“I’m serious. The emotion in your voice is insane and it’s so natural.” It took me a second to realize that he wasn’t kidding.

“Um, thanks,” I accepted without letting him in on the secret of just how hard it was to make it seem like I believed the words coming out of my mouth.

“No problem.” He reached over and turned off the CD player. “So what time is Puck picking you up?”

Glancing at the clock, I answered, “Six, so he’ll be here in an hour. Unless you want to get rid of me now, then I can call him up.”

“No, no,” he rushed. “It’s cool. I don’t get to talk to you that much.”

For some reason, that statement made me a little uncomfortable, but I shrugged it off. “No, we don’t. So how’s life going? How are you and Rachel?” Lying back on the bed, I stared at the ceiling, and Finn soon joined me.

“Eh,” he shrugged. “We’re alright, I guess. I don’t know. She’s been demanding lately.”

“Rachel Berry?” I gasped dramatically. “Demanding? Oh my God, I could never imagine such a thing!”

Finn laughed a little. “I meant more demanding than usual.”

“I cannot even imagine it.”

“I love her and everything, but I don’t know. She drives me crazy sometimes. Actually, a lot of the time.”

“Well, Puck drives me crazy, too. He’s always talking before he thinks, since he doesn’t have much of a brain.”

“True. I don’t know. All relationships have ups and downs, but I just feel like Rachel and I are just going down.”

Ignoring the innuendo I could make, I tried to make him feel a little better. “It could just be a rough patch, you know? You’ll get over it.”

“Doesn’t seem like it right now.” He let out a sigh before turning to face me.

“It never does.” I realized that I was having the same sort of conversation that my parents used to have with me, except the roles were reversed. That their fighting was just a rough patch, they’d get over it. And that had worked so well with them.

“You know, Ellie…you’re pretty great. Did you know that?”

My face turned bright red, so I let out a small chuckle to cover it up. “I’m just trying to help.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

It was quiet for a second before I realized what was happening. Before I took in the fact that Finn was moving in, his face getting closer to mine every millisecond.

If I was smart, I would have reacted right away in a good way. But instead, I let him get so close that his lips had almost touched mine, so close that I could feel the heat from his lips.

“Um,” I interjected awkwardly, pulling back before standing up. “I’m with Puck, and you’re with Rachel. What are you doing?”

He winced a little, saying, “I guess you know the cause for the rough patch, huh?”
♠ ♠ ♠
:o So, how many people knew that Finn liked Ellie? Was it every single one of you? 'Cause I think it was. Ha-ha. I tried to make it subtle, yet obvious. Does that make sense? I don't think so...

Whatever. :D

And as always, fair readers, I apologize for any wrong lyrics there may be.