Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 46

“Ellie, wait,” Finn called after me. But I couldn’t turn back. I couldn’t look at him. There was no way that I would ever be able to talk to him again. How could I, knowing that he liked me as more than a friend, that I was breaking apart his and Rachel’s relationship?

I could never go over Kurt’s, knowing that Finn could ambush me and try to force me to talk about what happened. But Kurt would understand, of course he would.

“Ellie, please. We should talk.” His hand clasped around my arm, but since I was still storming forward, he almost ripped my arm out of the socket.

“Finn,” I whispered, shaking my head, “just don’t. I have stuff to think about, okay?”

He nodded and left me go, but I could feel his eyes on me as I marched down his driveway and onto the street. As I moved along, I replayed what happened in my head over and over, kicking pebbles from the sidewalk into the road.

How had I not noticed? How had I not picked up the vibes coming from him? Was it because I was too wrapped up in my Puck drama to realize? Had Puck realized all along?

He must have. That was why he was constantly jealous. Because he had sensed that Finn liked me the whole time.

“Red!” Puck’s voice cut through my racing thoughts. “What are you doing? I said I was going to pick you up at Finn’s.”

“Oh, we finished early,” I played off coolly, getting into the passenger’s side.

There was a long moment of silence between us, so Puck rushed to try to fill it. “So was the practice good? You guys get a lot done?”

“Yeah, we picked a song and stuff,” I replied, not looking at him. “Our performance is going to be good.” If we even perform, that is. How awkward would it be singing a love song in front of the whole group? In front of my boyfriend? Ugh…

Puck nodded. “That’s cool.”

More silence. I fidgeted slightly, tapping out a beat on my thigh with my fingers. I just wanted to get out of the car. It felt like I was being suffocated by all my thoughts in the small car.

Eventually, we got back to Puck’s house and pulled into the driveway. “Where’s your mom?” I questioned, noticing that the car was gone.

“She had to bring Ariella to this thing at school,” he shrugged. “It’s no big deal.”

Puck led the way into the house, and I observed him, taking in every part of his stature. His muscles, the way he walked, the fact that his hair was starting to grow back. He was so hot…

And yet Finn wanted me to choose him over Puck. But I didn’t know Finn that well. Would Finn have taken me in when I got kicked out? Or would Finn have chastised me for not respecting my mother?

All the thinking about Finn was starting to make me really pissed off, deep down in my core. So I decided that it was time for a distraction.

“Hey,” I whispered in Puck’s ear, coming up behind him as he looked through the fridge, “when’s your Mom going to be home?”

“Eight, give or take,” he answered, turning around and pulling me close to him. “Why?”

“Just…trying to think of something to pass the time,” I smiled, going up on my tiptoes and kissing him fiercely as I threw my arms around his neck.

His arms were strong around my waist. After a couple minutes, he pulled away and nodded toward the stairs.

Grabbing his hand, I ran into his room, letting him shut the door behind us.

He laid me down on the bed, and we continued making out. I was surprised at how he wasn’t trying to feel me up. Maybe he had taken me seriously for once.

But I shocked myself when I took his hand and brought it up to my chest. Part of me expected him to ask why I was doing that, whether there was something wrong. There was no doubt in my mind that I had watched way too many chick flicks.

He didn’t ask anything, and we continued making out, his hands doing quite a bit of exploring, until the front door opened. I shoved him away immediately, looking at the clock. It was only six thirty or so, so it couldn’t have been Puck’s mom.

“Ellie?” Finn’s voice called. “I need to talk to you.”

“What the hell is Finn doing here?” Puck questioned, cocking an eyebrow. “Do you know?”

I didn’t answer, instead just going into the hallway, trying to neaten up my hair a little bit. “Stay here,” I ordered.

Ignoring the fact that I probably made Puck all sorts of curious/jealous, I met Finn in the living room. “What the hell?” I snapped at him. “I left for a reason.”

“I know, but we just have to talk about what happened.”

“Nothing happened. I stopped it because I actually respect the fact that I’m in a relationship. And you need to do the same, along with respecting my relationship. What you almost did was offensive to Puck, and it was offensive to Rachel.”

“Ellie, I was just caught up in the moment, okay? I’m not expecting you to do anything.”

“Good because I’m not.”

“But,” he continued as if I hadn’t spoken, “I am going to break up with Rachel.”

“Congratu-freakin’-lations,” I granted. “Now please leave.”

“You can’t be angry at me forever,” he reminded me. “We have a performance to do.”

“Well, we already know what we’re singing, and we know the words. What else is there to know?”

“The arrangement? Our dynamic? The whole performance aspect?”

I sighed, knowing that he was right but not wanting to admit it. “Alright, fine. So we’ll meet tomorrow, not at your house, and we’ll work on it. But I swear to God, if you try anything again, I’m going to tell Puck. And Puck will kill you.”

“Tell Puck what?” Puck voiced from behind me. He swooped in, stepping between Finn and me, looking between the two of us.

“Nothing,” Finn and I mumbled at the same time, neither of us making eye contact with anything other than the carpet under our feet.

“I knew this partner thing was a bad idea. Finn, I know that you’re pissed about Quinn cheating on you with me, but you using Ellie as payback is so fucking low. It’s not cool. So just leave.”

Puck and Finn had a stare-down for a second before Finn finally broke away. “Ellie, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Mhm,” I responded, keeping my eyes on Puck. He made me nervous, the sheer anger that was in his eyes. He definitely knew that I came home and hardcore made out with him because of something that happened between Finn and me.

Once the front door closed, signaling that Finn was officially gone, Puck turned to me. His expression, shockingly, was not angry anymore. It was…hurt. Like a wounded animal. I never expected something like that from Puck.

“You wanna tell me what you did at rehearsal?” he questioned accusingly. “You wanna tell me what made you so guilty that you came home and distracted me by making out?”

After swallowing harshly, I told him, “Finn tried to kiss me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Thanks for all the excellent comments, guys! Keep 'em coming!

Anyone think that Finn is going to die? Ha-ha.