Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 53

“Because that would ruin the surprise, wouldn’t it?” Puck rolled his eyes at me before taking my hand and dragging me toward the large building.

“It’s just the mall…” I trailed off, drawing my eyebrows together. “Not a big deal.”

“So?”

I sighed, deciding that the subject was no longer worth pursuing. In his mind, it was important, and I guessed that was all that mattered.

When we passed Victoria’s Secret, he wiggled his eyebrows at me. “Need anything in there?” he questioned with that smirk on his face.

“You wish,” I laughed, pulling him along. “Is there any specific reason that you wanted to go to the mall?”

“Because it’s something to do?” he responded with a shrug. “I don’t know. It was kind of the first thing that popped into my mind.”

After a while of walking around, I pulled him into American Eagle, despite his protests, and ended up buying a pair of jeans and a couple of t-shirts.

“Ugh…” he groaned as we made our way out of the store. “I don’t know why you had to do that.”

Laughing, I reminded him, “You brought me to the mall, and so I had to check out the store. Your fault.”

“I wish you would have shopped in Victoria’s Secret. Knowing what bras you wear would not be a bad thing.” It was pretty obvious that he was checking me out, so I slapped him.

“You’re going to live in wonder for a long time, Puckerman.” I grinned at him before we walked along for a little bit.

My stomach dropped as I recognized a face in the crowd, his height making him significantly taller than the crowd around him.

Knowing that Puck would cause a scene if he saw Finn, I dragged him into the nearest store. “C’mon, let’s go in here!”

“Uh…why…?” he asked, but followed anyway.

“I just want to check out the dogs. You know how much I love dogs.”

“I thought you hated-”

“I’ve had a random change of heart,” I convinced him through clenched teeth. He still looked completely lost, but he didn’t try to pursue the subject any further.

As I watched the dogs for a while, I realized just how much they really drooled. And barked. And smelled. Why in the world did people like dogs?

Sneaking a peek out the window, I saw Finn pass by and let out a sigh. “Alright, I take my breakthrough back. I still hate them. Let’s go.”

Puck shook his head as we made our way back out to the main hall to try to find some more stores to go to. “I know that I’m not smart, but I just can’t keep up with your brain.”

“Trust me,” I snickered, “you don’t want to.”

For a while, we walked around some more, not really seeing any more stores that I wanted to go into, and Puck didn’t really seem like he wanted to shop at all.

“Alright, I’m starving. It’s time to go to the food court,” Puck voiced out of nowhere, just walking away to go get something to eat. It was lucky that I heard him because, otherwise, I just would have kept walking, wandering around the mall and probably not even noticing that he was gone until I was far away.

I ended up getting this amazing bourbon-flavored chicken from a Chinese food place. It was probably one of the most awesome things that I had ever eaten in my life. I was practically drooling as I ate it, but I controlled myself.

“…Is that who I think it is…?” Puck was squinting into the distance, and my stomach instantly tightened, my palms starting to sweat.

“Who?” I responded, trying to keep as cool as I could.

“It is. What is Finn doing here?”

Taking a glance in the direction that Puck was glaring, I saw Finn standing in line for ice cream with Rachel. “He’s on a date?”

“Yeah, well, he better stay away from us.”

“Puck, take a deep breath.” He turned his attention toward me, still keeping his angry gaze. “Seriously. Deep breath.”

He did as I asked, while I breathed right along with him, using dramatic hand gestures. “Alright, now listen to me. I know that you don’t like Finn, but the two of us aren’t even talking anymore. There’s no reason to remain hostile. It’s just going to add more rifts in the group than there already are.”

Puck let out a little snort of laughter. “And I see you’re doing a great job of fixing your problems with Santana.”

“That’s different,” I muttered, leaning forward. “I don’t hate Santana because she used to sleep with you or whatever. I hate Santana because she’s a bitch. Finn’s pretty much a nice guy…he just started liking the wrong girl.”

He contemplated this for a second. “I guess.”

“Exactly.”

“Ellie!” Rachel’s peppy voice greeted as she walked over to us. “Puck. How are you today?”

“Oh, just wonderful,” I replied with a smile. “And how are you?”

“I’m fine, thanks. I’m out with Finn. He’s over there, buying our ice creams.” She leaned close to me and whispered, “Did you hear?”

Oh, hell. “Hear what?”

“The word is that we’re going to be performing in a couple of weeks, so that it’s halfway between Sectionals and Regionals. It’ll be like…a showing, if you will, so that people can come and get intimidated by my- by our talent.”

“Uh-huh…And why is it that there’s this rumor going around, and Mr. Schue didn’t say anything about it?”

“He suggested the idea to Ms. Pillsbury, and Tina overheard him.”

“Did she now? Well, I guess we’re going to have to wait and see. What songs are we going to be doing?”

“To be determined. I better get back to Finn now. You two have fun!” She turned and kind of bounced back over to Finn. I wondered where she got all her energy from.

“For some reason, whenever Rachel talks, no matter what she’s saying, I always kind of want to kill something.”

“You don’t need therapy or anything,” I joked, stealing one of Puck's potato chips.

“I don’t think I do. It’s not like…wait, no, I do get into fights a lot.” He stopped talking and stared at the table for a second. “Whatever.”

I snickered a little bit before throwing out all my trash. “Now what do you want to do next?” I asked, picking up my bag from the floor.

“What I want to do, you wouldn’t want to be up for.”

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed his arm. “Come on, we’re getting out of here.”

“You seriously want to go back to your house?” Puck’s face twisted in disgust.

“Did I say we were going back to my house?” I taunted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring and filler. I know, I know. Please bear with me. Ha-ha.

And I was FREAKING OUT last night because I got my 150th subscriber. I had this whole rant that I was going to go through about how much I LOVED you guys (which I still do), but someone unsubscribed. So I not longer can do my 150-subscribers-HOORAY thing. But all you subscribers, I do love you. :)

And how many people are going to ditch me because I talked about how much I dislike dogs through Ellie's character? I feel like a lot. Ha-ha. Well, to each his/her own.