She Deserves Better.

The Potion Master's wedding.

Alexis closed her eyes as she sank on her bed, fumbling with the locket on her neck. She dropped her wand on the floor. She opened the locket, rubbing the picture in it, smiling. 

She ran her hand through her hair. "Oh Padfoot. What have I done?" she mumured, a sense of guilt ovewhelming her. She let a stubborn tear wet her cheek. "If only you were here, Sirius. she whispered. 

She closed her eyes and the horrible events that happened earlier flashed through her eyes.

********************************

At nine that night, she received an owl from Severus that he would be picking her up in half and hour to complete her last task. 

Alexis grimly dressed quickly, informing Harry and Remus she had urgent Hogwarts meeting to attend to, and snuck out of the house. 

At nine exactly, Severus appeared in front of her. 

"Ready?" he asked softly. 

Alexis looked at him and nodded. 

The two left 12 Grimmauld Place, where Alexis was still staying, as she had not bought a new house. It was painful for her to stay but she knew Harry wanted to. It was the only memory of Sirius he had. 

Alexis found herself staring at a small, old cottage in a middle of a field. She gripped her wand and looked at Severus. He nodded slightly. 

Alexis walked towards the door, a sense of disgust at herself creeping into her. She felt almost nothing. 

She muttered a spell and the door flew opened. She put on a mask Severus had passed to her and went inside the home. 

A terrified looking woman with a little boy in her arms tried running to a room. Alexis raised her wand and stunned the two. 

She went to the two who were on the fall, begging them for mercy. She took a good look at the woman. She realised it was an old friend, Mary Patenson. 

Without waiting for another minute, she said the killing curse, leaving the two bodies on the floor. 

She felt a tap on her shoulder. Removing her mask, she let Severus lead her out as another masked figure entered, and casted a spell into the sky, the dark mark on the sky. 
*********************************

Her eyelids flew open. She was calm. She comforted herself with the thoughts she was doing so for Harry and Sirius. 

Besides, the more she had done, the less painful it would be. That was her fifth and last killing and she felt numb, no feelings whatsoever, unliked her first time when she could hardly complete it. 

She closed her eyes as a sudden exhaustion overwhelmed her.
*********************************
A week later, Alexis found herself in a long white bridal dress. She took a breath as she looked into the mirror in front of her. 

It was finally the day. Her wedding day. Alexis smiled to herself. Dumbledore had encouraged her and Severus to bring their wedding to an earlier date. At first Alexis refused, saying raising Harry was her main priority, but Dumbledore for some reason kept encouraging till she agreed.

A curved formed as she recalled how nervous Severus was when he proposed to her, stumbling over the words. It was simple, not fancy. It was over dinner and she remembered him going on his knees, she hugging him after saying yes, tearing. Alexis laughed. 

There was a knock on the door. Remus entered. "Is the bride ready?" he asked, smiling. 

Alexis smile grew wider as she ran to give Remus a hug. A sudden feeling of sadness washe over her. The three people she loved were not there on her big day. Sirius, James and Lily. She sighed as she remembered how Lily had promised to be her maid of honor if she married.

She finally let go of Remus and smiled at him. Remus had agreed to be the one to 'give her away' since she had nobody else, her father passesd away when she was 19.

She linked her arm around Remus's as he brought her down the staircase. Molly was kind enough to let them hold the wedding at The Burrow. A tent was set up. It was a small wedding, the guest being the Weasleys, Harry, Remus, Hermione the order members and some of the Hogwart staff. 

Alexis walked down the aisle, a little nervous but graceful, smiling. She saw many polite smiles. She knew Harry was not exactly enthusiastic, and the others were just the same, surprised that the couple's engagement had lasted long. 

Severus had on a new clothes and robes, in black of course. He stood in front of Dumbledore who had agreed to wed them. His face soften and a rare full smile formed on his lips as he watched his bride, as often as everytime he saw Alexis. The dress fitted her perfectly. Her hair was pinned up neatly, revealing a pair of pearl studs Severus had given her as a gift. 

Alexis blushed as she looked at Severus. He was handsome, his hair was neatly slicked back, just for the ocassion. When she looked at him, her fears, insecurities went away. At that moment, when she stood next to him as he reached for her hand, it was as if it was just the two of them at that moment.

Remus was behind Severus, acting as the best man, even though the two were not on friendly terms. Severus agreed for the sake of Alexis.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are to celebrate the union of two faithful soul.." Dumbledore's voice caught their attention. 

The ceremony went without any hiccups. The two said their vows and exchanged rings.

"You may kiss the bride." Dumbledore said.

Severus leaned forward to Alexis, she could feel his hot minty breath. He brushed his lips on hers and she closed her eyes as she pressed hers onto his, their first kiss as man and wife. 

As they broke apart, smiling the guest broke into an applause, coming up to congratulate the couple. 

"Congratulations Alex!" Tonks said, as she gave Alexis a hug. Unlike others, Tonks was actually thrilled for Alexis. 

Alexis returned the hug with enthusiasm. "Thanks Tonks!" she leaned closer to her. "And pretty soon, it'll be you and Remus eh?" Alexis whispered. 

Alexis laughed as Tonks turned bright red, and a confused Remus looked at them. 
*********************************
Alexis closes her eyes as she felt her a pair of strong arms slither around her waist. Placing her arms around them, she sighed. 

Severus nuzzled at her neck. "I love you Mrs Alexis Snape." he whispered. Alexis smiled as they sat on his bed, their bed now at Spinner's End. Harry had stayed over at the Weasleys so the two could have some time alone. 

"Mrs Alexis Snape." she said softly. "I like that." a grin formed on her face as she pushed her huband down on their bed.