She Deserves Better.

Half blood prince.

Alexis grabbed the wall for support as she knocked on the door. She cleared her throat and tried to put on a straight face. "Professor Snape?" she said, her voice husky. Severus who was teaching the class non verbal spells turned to look.

The whole class turned as well, curious. Harry looked at Alexis. Her face was pale and there were beads of sweat on her face. She looked ill. 

Without waiting any further, Severus told the class to keep practicing as he grabbed a green bottle and left the classroom, closing the door behind him.

He brought her to an isolated classroom, removing the cover of the bottle and let her drank the contents. 

"Thanks Sev." Alexis said, breathing more freely. 

"Maybe you should take a rest. Stay in our room." Severus said as he took the bottle away from her.

Alexis shook her head. "I'm fine. Besides the pain was getting less intense. I just need that potion and I'll be fine."

Severus was not convinced but allowed his wife to teach anyway.
*********************************
"Alright, class." Alexis said loudly over the chatter. "Shall we begin now?"

Harry flipped open the book, his eyes on Alexis. She looked better than he last saw her when she had interrupted Severus's class. 

Alexis saw a raised hand. "Yes, Miss Patil?" 

Parvati Patil put her hand down and spoke. "Do we call you Professor Reyson or Professor Snape?"

Alexis smiled. "Well, I did take my husband's last name, but having two Professor Snapes would be confusing. But it is really up to you. Professor Snape or Rayson would be fine." 

As expected, hands shot up, asking personal questions, from when their wedding was, to where there wedding was. Lavender Brown asked if they wanted children, to which Alexis answered with a simple yes. The girls also wanted to see her wedding ring and they had to admit Severus had good taste. Of course, there were the "Why Professor Severus Snape?" questions.

"Professor," Pansy Parkinson spoke out, interrupting the others, "I think it's wonderful that you and Professor Snape got married. You two make a wonderful couple." she said, giving a wide smile. 

There were sniggers from Ron and Harry. It was obvious that she was kissing up to Alexis now that she was married to the Head of their house. 

"Hmm. Thank you Miss Parkinson. That is very sweet of you. Bear in mind, although I have married the Head of the Slytherin house, I am a fair person. I will not hestitate to remove points or give detention if you break any rules and you Miss Parkinson, have broke my first rule. I'm sure you remember I dislike people to speak without being called on. 10 points from Slytherin."

Pansy's faced turned red and there were sniggers from others. 

"And to aswer the same question I've been asked a few times, yes, I do love my husband very much, and no, we were not "dating" since school. And no, I was not in Slytherin. I was in fact, in Gryffindor."

The last sentence got many gasps, except for smirks from Harry and Ron and Hermione. It was obvious that the Gryffindor and Slytherin house loathed each other and to have the head of the Slytherin house and co-head of the Gryffindor house married was rather a surprise.

"Now," she said quickly before anyone else could interrupt her lesson. "I know all of you are wondering why you are sitting here after school, when you had been told Magical Healing is optional." Alexis said as she leaned back a little on her table, crossing her arm. 

"The Ministry and Headmaster Dumbledore has agreed to make it a compulsory subject for all students, especially for the sixth and seventh years. All of you will as usual, revise on the basic type of healings, broken bones, cuts, bruises and so on. But we will mostly focus on one chapter."  Alexis went to the blackboard behind her and started writing on it using her chalk. 

"Yes," Alexis said, loud over the surprised whispers of the students as they read what she wrote. "We will focus on the dangers and harms caused by the dark arts and the ways to "cure it."  Her voice was low and Harry saw her stiffen a little. "Like how I joined classes with Potions last year, I will do so, but mostly with the Defence Against The Dark Arts professor. That means, at certain lessons, Professor Slughorn and Professor Snape will join us." 

"Now," Alexis said, "can anyone tell me why the dark arts is so dangerous and widely feared?" 

She saw Draco smirking. She knew why, she could not blame him. It was ironic to have a death eater like her to teach such a subject. Looking calm, she cleared her throat. "Mr Malfoy? Would you care to share a point with us?"

Draco looked a little startled. "They are mainly to cause harm." he mumbled.

"Very good, Draco. 20 points for Slytherin. Dark Arts are mainly used for harm. And can anyone tell me what really makes it so harmful from certain hexes?"

Hermione raised her hand. 

"Yes, Miss Granger?" Alexis called on Hermione, giving her a smile. 

"Injuries caused by dark magic can never fully heal." 

Alexis nodded. "That is correct. 20 points for Gryffindor. And- yes Mr Potter?" 

"I'm sorry. Why are you asking us this?When are you going to start on the healing theories?" Harry asked.

Alexis smiled. "Good question. I am not teaching you dark arts," a curve formed on her lips. "But these are important for you to know before we can start the healing. We need to know the effects before we can start. And as required like the other classes, it will be non verbal spells as well. And as an assignment," Alexis ignored the groans of the students. "I would like a 500 word essay on the dangers of the dark arts. And if there are no more questions, you are dismissed. And Draco, I would like to see you after this." 

Draco unhappily stayed at his seat while everyone left. Alexis used her wand to shut the door and went to Draco, sitting opposite him. 

"Is everything all right?" Alexis asked. 

Draco rolled his eyes. "Everything's fine,  Professor." 

"You don't seem interested in my lesson?" 

"Ironic, don't you find?" Draco snapped. "Learning about the dangers and harms in the dark arts." he said in a high pitched voice. "Funny, we have to learn such things." 
  
"I know you're worried about-"

Draco interrupted her. "Why does everybody thing I'm not capable."

"Look Draco," Alexis stood up, sounding more harsh. "Professor Snape and I have made a promise-"

"Well, maybe you and your husband should mind your own business." Draco hissed. "Excuse me." he grabbed his book and stormed out of class and Alexis followed him behind. 

Draco opened the door and stopped. Harry was outside, eavesedropping. He glared at Harry and walked off. 

Alexis looked at Harry, her flace flushed. "Harry! What were you doing? Eavesdropping?" she sounded displeased. "Go to your next class!" she said quickly, looking distracted and walked away to find her husband. 
*********************************
As Alexis went down the Gryffindor Common room that night, students were a little surprised and quickly hid whatever would get points deduction. 

"Hide whatever you need. Pass me whatever is not allowed." Alexis said loudly in a flat voice as she went to Harry who was with Ron, Hermione and Ginny. 

"Hello guys." Alexis said cheerfully. Harry turned. Alexis looked exhausted buy she was smiling. 

"Professor, what are you doing here?" Harry asked. Ginny was holding his potions book an Hermione had been trying to take a peep in it. 

"Oh," Alexis said as she passed Hermione a black book. "Here's your book. And Harry, I need the list of those who made it to the Gryffindor Quidditch team now, if you don't mind."

Harry nodded and he took out a piece of paper he folded and placed inside his potions book he snatched from Ginny. 

Alexis took in and her eyes scanned the paper quickly. "Ron! You've made it to the team. I'm very impressed." 

Ron blushed and smile widely, Alexis's compliment seemed to do wonders for his ego. He was going to reply but Alexis raised her hand, gesturing them to be quiet. Taking out her wand, she pointed it to the door and the door flew open with a bang. A surprised and terrified 4th year boy and girl came out of the small broom closet. 

"That will be 10 points from Gryffindor, each." Alexis glared at them. "Go to your dorms now." 

"Right," Alexis said smiling again as she turned back to them. "Congratulations Ron." 

Ron was muttering something but Alexis did not hear it. Something caught her eye."Harry, can I have a look at your book?" she asked. 

Hermione smirked and Harry hesitated but he slowly passed it to her. Alexis flipped the pages, and saw scribbles from a familiar handwriting. And when she flipped to the bottom of the back cover, she froze 

This Book Is The Property Of The Half Blood Prince.

They watched as Alexis's expression changed. 

"Err Harry, I think I'll have to take this book." Alexis said as she looked at Harry. 

"No you can't!" Harry said quickly. "If you take this book, I'll have no textbook. The new one has not come yet." 

Alexis stared at Harry, a grim expression on her face. "Alright." she said reluctantly. "But once you have your new book, I'll expect you to pass me that." 

"Professor Reyson!" Harry called again, he refused to address her by "Professor Snape." "Do you know who the half blood prince is?" 

Alexis raised her eyebrows. She cleared her throat. "Well, I'm not too sure." she said quickly and excused herself, as she felt a sharp throbbing pain in her arm.