She Deserves Better.

Ron's birthday.

"Professor?" 

Alexis heard a knock at the door of the classroom. She looked up and smiled.

"Harry! Come in. What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Alexis said. 

"Actually, I wanted to apologise about my behavior." Harry's green eyes shifted his gaze from her desk to her, looking rather uncomfortable. "I know I've been rude to you-" 

"Harry," Alexis sighed. "Take a seat."

Harry obdiently followed her order amd sat opposite her. 

"I know why you're upset. I understand, Harry." Alexis said softly. "And I am too. Believe me Harry, there never goes a day where I don't miss Sirius. He was my best friend. He will always be. And I admit, Severus's remarks might have something to do with his rash behaviour." Alexis sighed again. 

She close her eyes for a while before opening them again. She proceeded to tell Harry the argument she had with Severus the day Sirius got killed, which had put their relationship on the rocks and they almost broke off their engagment. Harry looked surprise at her story, she had not told him that.

"Anyway, you know how childish Sirius and Severus were." a small curve formed on her lips. She took off the necklace she was wearing, a locket hidden underneath the collar of her dress. 

"Sirius gave me this, on my sixteenth birthday, Harry." She said as she opened the locket. Harry smiled as he looked at the picture in it. 

"Does Snape know about this?" Harry asked as he returned Alexis the locket. 

Alexis nodded. "He does. And surprisingly, he understands." Alexis let out a laugh. 

"Alex, can I ask you something?" Harry hesitated for a moment than asked. 

Alexis nodded. "Sure, what is it?" 

"Has Sirius ever told you his..feelings for you?" 

Alexis laughed. "No, actually. But there's a reason for it." 

Harry asked why, but Alexis kept quiet, a dazed look on her face. He asked again, louder and she looked startled. Before she could say anything, a bunch of third years stood akwardly outside the door. "We'll have to talk later, Harry. I forgot I have a class."

Harry laughed as Alexis rolled her eyes and said goodbye. 

"Come on in! What are you guys standing there for!" Harry heard her say. He smiled as he left the classroom, feeling a weight off his shoulder.
*********************************
Alexis groaned as she heard knocks on the door. Her hopes of sleeping in that Saturday morning was dashed. She was tired. Not only she had classes to teach, she spent long hours in the hospital wing, acting as the second healer in Hogwarts, assisting Madam Promfey and rushing to the apparition classes, ready to heal any injuries that may accure, barely having time for lunch. And it was only the first few weeks back at school.

"There's someone at the door, love." Severus mumbled. 

Alexis closed her eyes, hoping if she did so, the knocks would go away, instead the knocks became louder.

She got up, put on her nightdress and night robe and dragged herself to the door. "Oh. Harry." she mumbled as she opened the door slightly. It was almost eight in the morning. "What brings you here?" she yawned. 

"Ron! He was poisoned." Harry said quickly, trying hard not to peep into her room. 

"Poisoned?" Alexis repeated, her eyes grew wide. "Bring him to Madam Pomfrey, tell her I'll be there soon!" 

Harry nodded and quickly made his way back to the hospital wing, trying to shake off the image he saw by accident of shirtless Severus Snape sleeping in bed. 
*********************************
"What's the rush?" Severus mumbled as he opened in eyes to see Alexis rushing to grab her clothes and run a quick cold shower in the bathroom. 

"Ron! He got poisoned!" Alexis replied, shouting from the bathroom. 

"Do you need me?" he asked as he sat up and tried to search for his night robe which he eventually found on the floor. 

"Probably. To identify the bottle. But I haven't ask Harry the full story yet." Alexis said as she hurridly combed her damp hair.

Severus nodded as he grabbed his clothes. "I'll meet you at the hospital wing." he said as Alexis gave him a kiss on the cheek.