She Deserves Better.

Saving Harry.

Alexis stopped in the middle of the hallway, as she saw Severus Snape walk down, adjusting his black robe. 

She told Sirius to go ahead as she approached Severus.

"Sev, you're leaving so soon? Why don't you stay for dinner?" Alexis asked.

"It's alright. I have to go. And has that Black apologised to you?." he asked, giving her one of his rare full smile. 

Alexis sighed and nodded. "He has. And alright, I'll see you soon." she said as she gave him a long hug, smiling as he gave her a proper one too. 
********************************
Unknown to Alexis and Severus, they were being watched by the Weasley Children, Harry and Hermione who were huddled behind a wall.

"I reckon the old bird's gone soft." Fred Weasley said, grinning. 

"Were they always like this? Professor Reyson and  Snape? " Ron asked, making a face. 

Hermione rolled her eyes. "You are so oblivious Ron. He had a soft spot for her ever since she started teaching at Hogwarts. Harry, Alexis is your godmother, didn't she tell you anything?"
 
"What are you all up to?" Remus asked as he stood in front of them. He took a look at what they were staring at and smiled. 

"Alright. Show's over. Dinner's ready." Remus said. 

The protest of the children startled Alexis and Severus and they quickly pulled away, Severus turning red, and Alexis blushing, but smiling.

After Alexis sent Severus to the door, she made her way into the kitchen, sitting in between Remus and Sirius. She was the last one to come to the table and everyone was waiting for her.

"Sorry I'm late." she said quickly, slightly embarrassed.

"So, where were you?" Sirius asked, placing potatoes on his plate, pretending not to hear the snickers from the Weasley twins.

Alexis raised an eyebrow. "Oh. I err, sent Severus to the door." 

Remus laughed which he quickly hid with a cough. 

"Alright, everyone eat up." Molly said quickly, and Alexis gave her a grateful look. 
*********************************
Harry heard a knock on the door. He looked up. "Alex. Come in." he said, smiling. 

Alexis shut the door behind her and passed Harry a mug of warm Butterbeer she made as she squeezed next to him. 

"How are you feeling? You know the hearing at the Ministry is tomorrow right?" she asked.

Harry nodded. "I'm just a little nervous. That's all. But I'll be fine." he assured her. 

Alexis gave him a smile. "Good. Don't worry. You won't be expelled once they hear your story. And saving your cousin was a noble thing to do." she said as she gave him a hug. 

"Alex, did Sirius tell you? He invited me to come live with him." Harry told her.

Alexis shook her head, a little surprised but grinning. 

"I'm sure Alex is fine with it, aren't you Alex?" Sirius asked as he and Remus went inside to join them. 

"Of course! I'm totally fine with it." Alexis said.

"You sure you won't be bored seeing Alex at home and school, since she's staying here too." Remus teased. 

They four of them chatted and laughed, until Alex announced Harry had to go to bed. 

"You'll be fine tomorrow, my dear." Alex whispered to Harry as she kissed him on the cheek.

"I think you're much more nervous than he is Alex." Sirius said as Alex closed the door behind her.

Alexis forced a laugh. "Of course I am. You never know what will happen." 

Sirius pulled her closer to him and hugged her. "Whatever happens, we're here to take care of him alright?" he whispered into her ear. Alexis closed her eyes and nodded.