She Deserves Better.

Little death-eater.

"We better get in." Severus said as he and Alexis reached the Malfoy Manor. Alexis nodded and followed behind, holding her tummy. 

Inside the Malfoy Manor, Voldemort almost every death eater was there, waiting for Severus and Alexis. 

"Ah, Severus, Alexis. We were waiting for you." Voldemort said, giving them a sly smile as the two took their seats. "Now, Alexis. Draco just told me you're expecting. How many months?"

Alexis nodded. "Yes, My Lord. It's coming to three months now." 

Voldemort nodded. "You look a little pale. Are you alright?" 

Alexis gave him a small smile. "I.. I think so. It's just that all that running." 

"Now," Voldemort said, as Wormtail scurried in bringing a goblet and placed it in front of her. "I thought something like that might happen. So I brewed you a potion. We don't want anything to happen to your unborn child." Everyone looked in surprise as Voldemort rarely showed compassion to his servents.

Severus placed his hand on her lap and Alexis picked up the goblet and immediately picked up a strong scent of peppermint, Mandrakes and a some other healing herbs. She thanked Voldemort and drank all of it, colours flooding her cheeks once more. 

"Now," Voldemort said quickly. "I heard news that Albus Dumbledore is dead." 

At the last word, everyone except the Snapes and Malfoys cheered. "My Lord, I think Draco has proved his worthiness, don't you think?" Lucius Malfoy spoke out.

"Silence Lucius!" Voldemort said. "It was Severus who ultimately did the job!" 

Alexis cleared her throat and raised her hand slightly. "My Lord. We have to give Draco credit. He did have a good plan, and without him, it would not have happen."

Voldemort looked at her but Alexis did not even move. "Are you defending the boy Alexis?"

Alexis gave him a smile. "I am mearly telling the truth, My Lord. Draco may not have accomplished everything, but he had planned well." she quickly blocked her mind, as she felt Voldemort's eyes on hers.

"Very well. If you say so, Alexis." Voldemort spoke, and Draco gave Alexis a thankful look.

Bellatrix raised her hand. "My Lord, may I ask, what the plan is now?" 

Voldemort was silent and everyone's eyes were on him. 

"We shall take over the ministry, and now that Albus Dumbledore is gone from Hogwarts, we'll make sure everything will be under my control." he smiled and laughed that sent shivers down Alexis's back.
*********************************
Alexis and Severus had managed to sneak back to Spinner's end late that night.

Severus noticed that Alexis was quiet as he came out of the bathroom.  He tried to read her mind but she quickly blocked it.

"What was that about?" Alexis asked, annoyed as she dried her damp hair with her towel.

"You've been quiet. You're not thinking about Potter are you?" 

Alexis remained silent. Truth was, she was indeed thinking about Harry. Harry's words replayed in her mind.

"You're nothing but a hypocrite."

Although she did not say anything, those words hurt her more than anything. To have her godson say that to her. He even tried to hex her. She ran han hand over her tummy.

"Alex?" Severus placed his arms around her, his voice was soft and gentle.

Alexis gave him a weak smile. "I'm fine, dear. Just a little exhausted."

"You ran too much. You need to rest." Severus mumbled in her hair, nuzzling against her neck.

Alexis closed her eyes. Severus was all she had. She sighed and turned, giving him a kiss. "What's the plan now?" she asked as she played with his wet hair. 

"We'll have to stay here and wait for the Dark Lord's orders. But I don't think it will be long till he takes over the ministry." said Severus grimly.

"And then we can go back to Hogwarts." she said softly as she ran her hands down his bare arms, realising he was wet from after a shower and had nothing on except a towel clad around his waist. They needed a distraction. 

She smiled as she ran her lips down his neck and he shivered at her touch. "Headmaster Severus Snape? I like that." she said in a husky voice.

Severus said nothing, but pushed her gently on the bed.