She Deserves Better.

The sacking of the Carrows.

Serene was soon almost a year old. Severus and Alexis were delighted to hear her speak a few words. It warmed their hearts whenever she called Alexis "ma-ma" and Severus, "da-da." she was learning to walk and she was a pretty quick learner. 

Severus was offically the headmaster of Hogwarts. Hogwarts was much quieter since muggle borns were not allowed in. It pained Alexis that her former students like Neville and Luna were no longer speaking to her. Ginny did not even bother looking at her. Meanwhile, Harry, Ron and Hermione were not in school. Harry was of course wanted. She knew they were out finding horcruxes.

To her dismay, Alecto Carrow had taken over the Muggles Studies and Amycus Carrow had taken Defence Against the Dark Arts, or rather the Dark Arts now. They also had postitons of deputy headmistress and headmaster, ripping off the title from Minevra McGongall.

 After a few weeks, Alexis had decided she wanted to take over the Defence Against The Dark Arts from Amycus. She heard complaints that he and Alecto has used the Cruciatus Curse as punishements as detention on the students. With Dumbledore's support, Alexis had managed to convince Voldemort that Amycus was doing not a good job at all and she wanted his job. She had also managed to get Voldemort to let her fire Alecto from the school, and again, Voldemort trusted her. She would combine those two classes and he agreed.

That morning, since Severus was no longer teaching Defence Against The Dark Arts, being the headmaster, he took care of Serene while Alexis went to take over the Carrow's job.

Alexis put on her long flowing black robe and slammed open the door of the Dark Arts classroom with Argus Flich behind her. Amycus looked surprised and so did the class, curious.

"Headmistress, what a surprise." he gave her a lopsided seer. "How may I help you?"

"You may leave the classroom. Bring along your dear sister." she smirked.

"I don't understand-"

"You heard me the first time, Carrow." Alexis's voice was low and dangerous. "Your service is no longer needed at Hogwarts. You may leave the classroom." she whispered. "Mr Flich will escot you out.

She turned to Flich and in the corner of her eye she saw Amycus raised his wand at her but she was quick to disarm him. 

She let out a loud laugh. "Were you trying to curse me?" 

"The Dark Lord will hear of this!" Amycus hissed.

"The Dark Lord already knows you fool!" Alexis snarled and the students seemed to shrink back on their seats. "Now, get. Out." 

Amycus with his displeased expression, grabbed his stuff and stormed out of the classroom. "Mr Flich, make sure you'll get his sister out of the classroom and bring the students here. After that you may rest." she gave him a kind smile. Flich eagerly nodded and left outside the classroom. 

Alexis did not have to wait long. Alecto and Amycus stormed down corridor, giving Alexis a death glare. As the students who were in Muggle Studies came in, Alexis instructed them to take the empty seats.

She used her wand to shut the door shut. "Now," she looked around at the students who had confused looks, unsure if they should be happy that the Carrows were gone and that the Headmistress was taking over. "Professor Carrow, both of them will no longer be teaching. Also, I want full details of their lessons, especially their punishements for detention."

The class was quiet, until a hand was raised.

"Yes, Seamus?"  

Seamus stood up. "Curses. They made us use curses. Cruciatus curses on students. Neville," he pointed at Neville who had a scar on the cheeks. 

"They were in detention. They deserved it. I'm sure you would understand it. " Pansy Parkinson interrupted. 

"Shut up Parkinson!" Alexis shouted. Alexis knew this punishement was usually for students who were not in Slytherin. Pansy sat down, her cheeks flaming red. "Nobody asked you. You will speak only when I ask you to. Detention, tonight. You will help Hagrid at the Forbidden Forest." she turned back to the class. "Now," she said calmly, "Your detention will be as per usual. Either with Hagrid, or you will help the other professors." Alexis tried hard not to smile as the students broke into cheers.