She Deserves Better.

Christmas Joy.

Alexis reached the headquaters with Bill Weasley to find George and Fred arguing with Sirius. She had told Molly and Remus to go visit Arthur while she took care of the children. Their arguments could be heard the moment she entered. She exchanged glances with Bill and the two ran upstairs.

Ron, Ginny, Harry and Hermione who had just arrived, stared at them helplessly.

"But it's our FATHER." George said angrily.

"It's not safe!" Sirius explained. 

"We're old enough!" Fred protested stubbornly.

"You have to remember," Sirius voice grew louder,"the importance of safety and security of the order." he was growing impatient. 

Alexis hurried upstairs to stop them.

"Fred-" Alexis said but Fred ignored her.

"Importance of the order?" Fred yelled. "With your fugitive status, is not doing much for the order is it?"

"FRED! GEORGE! GO UPSTAIRS TO YOUR ROOM NOW!" Alexis screamed at the twins, as she stood in front of Sirius.

Everyone went silent. They had never heard Alexis shout at anyone before, not even at the Slytherins at school. Harry thought his heart stopped for a second. The closest she came to letting her temper take over her was when Draco Malfoy commented inappropiate things about her and Snape. And when he forgot to wash his socks.

She turned to Bill. "Bring the children to their rooms." Bill nodded and ushered them in. 

Sirius looked like he could shoot daggers out of his eyes at Fred. He closed his eyes and opened them again, taking a deep breath. 

Alexis sighed and turned to Sirius. She stared at him. She took a sniff. Sirius gave her a quick smile and tried to leave but she grabbed his hand. 

Alexis frowned. He looked unkept, still in day clothes late at night. He was unshaven and he smelt of stale drinks. 

"Have you been drinking?" Alexis stared at Sirius unhappily. "And can you please shave for Merlin's sake!"

Sirius smirked. "What's the use? Nobody is ever here anyway." He mumbled. 

Sirius gave Alexis a weak smile. Alexis sighed. Sure he was smiling, but she could see the sadness in his eyes. He had been depressed, she knew. His letters were short and when she came back, he never tried to play any pranks at all. He was not himself and it upsetted Alexis greatly. She mentally scolded herself for not giving him more attention.

"I'm no use at all." he mumbled slowly.

"Sirius." she sighed again, pulling him closer. "Don't take Fred's comment to heart will you? We need you. I need you. And you won't be alone. We're all staying here." 

His eyes lit up and Alexis smiled. "Alright, go clean up." she said, giving him a large hug. Sirius grinned and twirled her around, making her laugh.

"Alex?" Bill Weasley interrupted them.

Sirius put Alexis down. 

"Yes Bill?" Alexis asked.

"I'm leaving for St Mungos, now. The children are in their room. They look shaken though." Bill said, giving a little grin. 

Alexis let out a laugh. "Alright. Thank you Bill. Do update me on your father."

Bill nodded. "Will do." he said as he left.

Alexis sent Sirius to wash up while she went to look at the children. 

Harry, Ron and the twins were in the same room huddled together. Alexis gave a knock before she entered. 

Harry and Ron gave a smile at her while Fred and George avoided eye contact with her. 

She sat with them. 

"Freddie? Georgie?" she said softly, using her personal nicknames for the two. " I'm sorry I shouted at both of you. I know you're dying to meet your father, but Sirius is right. Now, is not the right time. I promise you will all get to see him soon." 

Fred and George nodded and smiled.

"You were bloody scary, Alex. I didn't know you could scream like that." Ron said, and everyone laughed.

"Well, I was pretty angry. You have to watch what you say to Sirius." she said, thinking of him. "He's not in an easy situation." she sighed as she placed her hand over her face and rubbed her temples, a worried look on her face.

"It's alright Alex." Fred said, placing an arm over her shoulder. "We'll apologise to him. We didn't mean it." 

Alexis gave him a grateful smile. "Well, I better go check on Sirius. You boys don't sleep too late!" she winked. 

********************************
Alexis had fallen asleep on Sirius shoulder when she heard the door.  She woke up and went down. 

"Remus!" Alexis called out as she went to greet a tired looking Remus, giving him a hug. "How are you? How's Arthur?"

"I'm fine. A little tired." he paused and broke into a smile. "Arthur's fine. But he'll need to stay at the hospital for the time being." 

Alexis sighed in relief. "Well than, that's good." As they walked, Alexis gasped. "Merlin! Christmas is in a two weeks time! I better start preparing!" 

Remus laughed at her. "Ah. The joy of Christmas indeed." 

Alexis looked at him, amused. "We better go wake Sirius."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I do not own the characters except Alexis. :) And do comment!