She Deserves Better.

God rest ye merry hippogriffs!

"Happy Christmas Harry!" Alexis wished Harry, grinning. Harry wished her back as he entered with Sirius and Hermione. 

Alexis was busy giving gifts she had bought for everyone. Sirius smiled. She was always so generous.

"Padfoot! Happy Christmas." Alexis wished Sirius as she passed him two wrapped parcels and a green envelope. 

"Gosh Alex! I didn't buy you anything." Sirius said, almost annoyed at himself.

Alexis laughed as she linked her arm around his, "It's alright. This is my gift to my best friend." she said as she kissed his cheek before sitting next to Remus who was trying on the new blazer she had bought for him. 

Sirius smiled as he watched her tease Remus who blushed. He saw her stuff money into his pocket for his daily expenses. She had never failed to provide financial support to him and Remus and he never felt so grateful.

Sirius sighed as he sat down, suddenly thinking of James. James used to provide Remus, since it was hard for werewolves to be employed. Now, Alexis had taken over his task, ensuring the two had enough for monthly expenses. He knew it was hard for her, seeing that the income of a professor was not really much.

The sense of sadness went away, when he looked around, Molly trying on the new coat Alexis and Remus had given her, Alexis trying to get Remus to do a catwalk in his new clothes, Harry throwing peas at Ron which resulted in Alexis stuffing a carrot in his mouth, muttering something about taking away his Iron Man comic privileges and Harry had to explain to Arthur that Iron Man was not a musical instrument. A sense of happiness overwhelmed him. 

He was truely happy that evening.
********************************
Alexis wrapped a scarf around her neck and took the bag of food she had packed earlier and two packages. 

She excused herself, saying she would be back soon, and apparated to Spinners End.

She walked towards the last house, trying to push away the eerie feeling she had as she walked down some deserted houses at the dark street.

Severus Snape was reading when there was a knock on the door. He took a look at the clock. 7.15pm. Wondering who it could be, he opened the door.

"Alexis." he said, a little surprised. 

"Happy Christmas Sev!" Alexis said cheerfully, her face flushed from the cold wind. 

"Happy Christmas indeed." Severus looked at her, amused. "Oh, do excuse my manners. Come in." he opened the door wider for her to enter.

"Have you eaten?" Alexis asked as he closed the door.

"Err, not really. I was planning to fix dinner-"

"Good, I thought so. I brought some food along. Oh. And here are your Christmas gifts." Alexis passed him two packages. 

Severus turned a little red. "Alex. You really shouldn't-" 

"It's alright. Just small gifts. Now I'll be at the kitchen. You just wait here while I'll prepare dinner." 

Severus watched Alexis as she made her way to the kitchen, amused. She was really, one of a kind. 

Alexis stumbled as she made her way to the kitchen. The house had an air if neglect, but it was sill cozy, nevertheless. 

"Severus!" she called out. "Dinner is ready!" 

Severus went into the dining room. There were two plates of freshly heated food and two glasses of wine. 

For a moment, the two ate in silence.

"You didn't have to go through all the trouble." Severus broke the silence.

Alexis smiled. "It's no trouble at all. Thought you might want some company." 

After dinner, Alexis and Severus went to the sitting room. Severus kept quiet, knowing there was something Alexis wanted to tell him.

"Severus," she said suddenly. "I've been thinking-"

"No Alex. We've already discussed this. I am not letting you put yourself through this!" he said sternly. 

"But Sev. I know I can! And you don't have to go through this alone!" she protested.

"There are other ways to help Harry!" 

"This is not just because of Harry!" Alexis stared at Severus, determined. 

Severus frowned. He sighed. Alexis could be so stubborn at times. 

"We'll discuss this with Dumbledore again." he said quickly.

"There is nothing else to discuss, Severus! Now it's just left with you bringing me to see him." 

"But why Alexis?" 

"Because I can't bear to see you risk your life alone. I know you're capable and all, but.."  She looked up at him and looked away again. "I love you,Severus." her voice dropped into a whisper.

Severus felt chills upon hearing those four words coming out if Alexis' mouth. 
He for a reason, was a coward when it came to matters of the heart. 

He pulled her closer to him, pressing his lips on her forehead. 

Alexis looked up at him, he seemed lost in thoughts.

He finally looked at Alexis and brushed a lock of hair away from her face. "I love you too Alexis." he whispered. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Dum dum dum~

Do comment!
;)