Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 15: Holy Blazes

Holy Blazes-Begin

Iteza and Tri-Blaze are standing face-to-face with a machina with massive arms, large structure, and metal fists with metal knuckles. His sturdy frame was complimented with long black hair and a cloak hanging off of his back. He grabbed the cloak and screamed in a rage at Iteza and Tri-Blaze.

???: “I won’t let you little shits find Professor Akihiko’s laboratory! Prepare for a thrashing!”

Iteza in a state of confusion is trying to piece together the reason for the surprise attack, who this machine is, and who Professor Akihiko is.

Iteza: “Who is Professor Akihiko?!! And who are you??!!!!”

The machina in front of him cracked a smile and laughed with what sounded like a roar.

???: “Professor Akihiko is someone you’ll never get to meet because I am the last face you’ll ever see!”

Iteza: “We’ll see about that! You ready Tri?”

Tri-Blaze stands at attention and flares some embers out of his cannons in frustration and Iteza stands at the ready himself.

Tri-Blaze: “I’m ready! Let’s do this! We have to win this one and get this info back to the rest of the guys and figure out what the hell is going on here.”

Iteza: “Yeah your right. We have to get through this! Let’s get a head start on this battle! Flare Shot!”

Tri-Blaze’s cannons glow red in the barrels with heated energy and releases two fire balls at the opponent. The mysterious machine blocks it with his arms. His knuckles start to shiver and vibrate at and extreme speed.

Iteza: “What the heck is he doing? Tri watch out for his attack! We don’t know what’ll happen if he hits you in this state.”

Tri-Blaze cuts his eyes back at Iteza and nod his head as he focuses on his opponent and continues the fight.

The mysterious machina’s hands continue to vibrate as he pulls his arm back for a strike.

Iteza: “Watch out Tri!”

The machina strikes at the ground and causes a tremor to shake the ground they are standing on. A surge of energy and earth then charges forward at Tri-Blaze, knocking him back into Iteza causing them to fall to the ground.

Iteza and Tri-Blaze rise to their feet looking confused and a little dazed. Tri-Blaze’s cannons burn even more intense as they prepare to continue the fight.

Iteza: (We’ve got to watch out for that energy rupture. More of those can destroy the entire neighborhood as well as hurt innocent people in the area. I’ve got to finish this fight as soon as possible and get to the guys.) “Let’s try something and see what happens if we turn up the heat! Let’s try Fire Blast and concentrate on one point!”

Tri-Blaze fires a concentrated stream of fire at the machina who in turns defends with his arms while cackling uncontrollably as if he’s won already.

???: “Your puny flames can’t penetrate my defense no matter how hot your little match gets!

Bwwwaaaahhhhahahahahah!”

Tri-Blaze’s flames are still being blocked while Iteza thinks of a plan for a counterattack.

Iteza: “Run around him and continuously use Flare Shot and aim at different parts of the body to test his defense. We’ll fight his defense with speed and see which is better.”

Tri-Blaze runs toward the machina headfirst. The machina tries to smash his arms on Tri-Blaze but missed. Tri then proceeded to shoot multiple Flare Shots at the machina. As Tri jumped around and fired shots, some were direct hits to the shoulder, left knee, and right torso. The rest were blocked or deflected by his massive arms.

Iteza: “We need to break his defense…Fire Tower!”

Tri-Blaze charged and fired three shots of large flames into the air above the machina. The flames created a huge blinding explosion that cause the flames to reach down to the ground, striking and firing onto the machina at the same time while trapping him in an inferno from which he cannot escape.

Iteza’s eyes widened as he looks into the flames only to find that the machina is blocking the flames by holding his arms upward and guarding himself.

Iteza: “How is this possible?! That attack was one of our hottest flames. What can we do here?”

Iteza notices that his knee is buckling from the assault of Flare Shots earlier. Iteza comes up with a plan. The machina breaks free of the flames and grabs Tri-Blaze in an instant!

Iteza: “Damn what now?!!”

The machina throws Tri-Blaze into the air as his left hand starts vibrating like before. He punches Tri-Blaze back with his right and releases a larger stream of energy with his left catching both Iteza and Tri-Blaze at the same time. The machina is now standing short of breath and staggering to keep standing while Iteza and Tri-Blaze both struggle even harder to stand up let alone not pass out. Iteza surveys the situation and makes his final analysis.

Iteza: “It’s now or never! We’ve got to win this for the sake of everyone! Tri, follow my every instruction without fail!”

Tri-Blaze: “After a beating like this so far against this big bastard, I’m willing to give any plan a shot. I say if we go down fighting here, I’d rather give him hell for it!” *heh*

Iteza: “Ok! LET’S DO THISSSS! Charge him Tri!”

Tri-Blaze charges at full speed at the machina.

Iteza: “Get in close and aim at the ground and blast yourself into the air using Pyro Cannon. Then wait till I give the word.”

Tri-Blaze follows every word to the letter as he charges in at the machina. The machina tries to fight back by swinging at Tri-Blaze just as Tri-Blaze dodges swiftly and releases a blast at the machina’s feet. The blast lifts him off of the ground at an incredible height while a cloud of smoke remains on the ground.

Iteza: “NOW TRI-BLAZE!!! SKYFIRE BARRRRAGGGEEEE!!!!!

Tri-Blaze fires multiple huge fireballs at the machina that had exploded on impact at the ground and the feet of the opponent. The impact had pushed back Iteza just a little bit without knocking him down. The huge cloud of smoke was all that was in the middle of the park. Tri-Blaze landed back on the ground tired and panting from exhaustion. Iteza ran to his side and threw his arm over his shoulder and slapped hands with each other.

Iteza: “We did it. It was all thanks to our teamwork."

The smoke was almost cleared from the attack. To their suprise, the machina still stood there.

Iteza: “That’s impossible! That was everything we had! We’re completely drained here!”

The machina stood there and took a look at them and then proceeded to walk towards them. He took two steps towards them and then collapsed forward.

Tri-Blaze: “That was close. We should check this thing out before we go. Who knows what can happen.”

Iteza and Tri-Blaze walk towards the machina carefully and inspect the beaten remains of the mysterious machina. Iteza checks out the machina’s back for any marks or symbols that maybe familiar. He notices a latch on the back where the programming for a machina is done. He pops it open and downloads the data from the machina to his watch.

Iteza: “The program seems fragmented and is missing a few links. Maybe Kohana can analyze the data once we get back. Let’s head downtown to the train station so we can catch the train. It’s about 1:50p.m so we can catch an early train to the park. We may meet up with some of the guys on the way there. Let’s get going.”

Iteza and Tri-Blaze walk off together towards the train station.

*Meanwhile at the Docks*

Shun: “Dammit I’m hungry! Where can we find anything here that isn’t fish around here?!”
Zero: “Well we are in the Fish District. There’s nothing but fish here. We should probably head to the station and head towards the park anyway. It’s almost 2 o’clock.”

Shun’s stomach rumbles with hunger.

*GGGGGRRRRRUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR*

Shun: “Hopefully we can get something to eat there.”

*At the Shopping District*

Misery: “We came here looking for info that could help out Zero and we manage to leave with a giant stuffed bear. Great stuff Takashia.”

Takashia: “I know we didn’t find any info but I thought Kohana would love this. Let’s get going to the park.”

Misery shrugs his shoulders.

Misery: *Sigh* “Ok I guess.”

*At the hospital*

Gabriel: “I don’t sense anything out the ordinary here at the hospital. I think we should get going.”

Kaida: “I think it’s the best thing to do right about now. We aren’t finding anything here. We can just catch the hospital transporter to the train station and make it to the park in time. Let’s go, Gabriel.”
Everyone makes their own way to the park on the other side of town; Aione is standing in the park with Mirage waiting for Shun and the rest of the group. Aione checks her watch and turns to Mirage.

Aione: “It’s almost 3. I hope those guys can get here soon. I have some really good info for them.”

Mirage: “You sure that everyone will take this news?”

Aione: “I hope that he doesn’t get mad at me for what I have to tell him. I think this would really hurt him. I can’t tell him now. Not yet.”

*Meanwhile on the train*

Iteza: “I sent the info to Kohana and she’s analyzing it now to find out where he came from, what his purpose was in attacking us, and who Professor Akihiko is. We’ll find out soon enough. This is our stop Tri-Blaze.”

Iteza and Tri-Blaze arrive at the park entrance only to find Shun stuffing his face with food while Zero sits next to him on a park bench watching disgustingly. Shun eats too fast and almost chokes when he sees Iteza and tries to talk and swallow at the same time. He drinks some water and calms down before saying anything.

Shun: *Cough, cough, sigh* “Hey you two.”

Shun looks Iteza and Tri-Blaze up and down seeing how they are in somewhat messed up condition.

Shun: “Did anything happen to you guys?! Did you get into any trouble?”

Iteza puts on a smile.

Iteza: “Nothing we couldn’t handle. Heh heh”

Iteza and Tri-Blaze throw an arm over each other’s shoulders.

Iteza: “If you’re ready we can head to the meeting spot where Aione is waiting for us.”

Shun: “Yeah let’s go.”

Zero: Yeah. Good to see that you two guys aren’t too badly hurt.”

Shun, Iteza, Tri-Blaze, and Zero meet up with the rest of the guys in the park and Aione. Hellos are exchanged and everyone is ready to find out what Aione is trying to fill them in on.

Aione: “I know I called you guys for some really big info on Zero and his origins, so here it is. Zero’s creators are two famous professors named Professor Daiki Akihiko-“

Iteza: (Akihiko?!!)

Aione: “And the other one is named Professor Yuta Tatsuya. Both of these professors were top of their class and born geniuses in their respective field of electronics, robotics, engineering, and programming. They were the two professors involved with the creation of Zero. There was word of a third professor involved in the creation of the project and design of Zero, but there isn’t any confirmation about it.”

*Ring, ring*

Iteza’s cell phone rings. Iteza picks it up and answers the phone.

Kohana: “Iteza it’s me. Are you with the group? I have some really urgent news for everyone about Zero’s origins. I found out some useful data. Put me on speaker.”

Iteza turns up the volume on the phone.

Kohana: “I’ve analyzed the info that Iteza got form that beaten machina. It seems that he was there in the creation of Zero. The project was called Project Prototype. Zero is a next generation machina with superior intellect and enhanced capabilities. It seems there is a hidden ability within his programming that hasn’t been revealed or found in the data yet. I may have to analyze Zero’s programming myself to find out what’s in there. But I also have some bad news for you Shun.”

Shun: “What is it?”

Kohana: “There was a rumor of a third Professor working on this mysterious project that no one knows the name of. This project-Project Prototype, was all jump started from the idea of one man named Professor Hideaki Takahashi.”

Shun: “No! My own father! How could he do this?!! How is he involved in all of this?? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Shun drops to his knees and pounds his fists into the ground. Aione looks down in sadness and can’t help but stare at Shun as he sits there in anger about the news he’s just received. Aione whispers into the air.

Aione: “I’m sorry Shun. I didn’t mean for you to find out this way.”

Shun: “How could you do this Dad??!”

Sitting there realizing what he had just heard, the words echo inside of Shun’s head.

“Project Prototype, was all jump started from the idea of one man named Professor Hideaki Takahashi.”

Holy Blazes-End