Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 19: The Flames of Young Hearts

As the pledge was made under the moonlit roof of the warehouse, Zero ponders on his own thoughts as to what his destiny has led him to do. A fire begins to burn in the young hearts of Team Generation and a spark of determination is etched into their eyes. As they have set a goal for themselves and a new destiny set before them, Shun’s face lights up as he begins to speak.

Shun: “We have to get back to Kohana’s and Takashia’s place. The simulation program should be done by now. We should get back to investigate and share this information with the rest of you guys.”

Kohana: “It’s already really late everyone. Once me and Takashia get home, I’ll send a copy of the information to you all via operator’s watch over a private network so that we’ll all be watching it at the same time.”

Aione: “So with this simulation program you ran on your computer, it’ll tell us exactly what?”

Iteza: “It’ll show give us a breakdown of what would happen if we built the exact same model as Genesis, from the programming down to the exact metal that he was made of.”

Takashia: “Sounds about right.”

Kaida: “But what if the program shows that Genesis could actually be a perfectly functioning machina?”

Kohana: “Then we have to find out where Genesis went wrong and figure out using the simulation what we can do to change that. Genesis is a machina that was created to be the ultimate machina and the best of the best. Now that he’s got a free will of his own added to his incredible power, Genesis could very well be the ultimate weapon of destruction.”

The determined faces on the group grew worried and a bit hopeless.

Shun: “Don’t look so down guys. With our combined power and Zero’s help as well, I’m pretty sure that we can defeat Genesis or at least take him down long enough to fix him. I believe that we can help him in some way.”

Zero nods his head in agreement.

Zero: “It’s not his fault that Genesis is the way he is now. Professor Akihiko messed with his programming somehow and is out freely doing as he pleases. But Akihiko messed up somehow because if he was under his influence, then Genesis wouldn’t have just taken off like he had and left Akihiko and the rest of the workers to die. One fact to know is that Genesis is acting and working alone. So we have to be careful about how we go about things from now on.”

Everyone nods their head in agreement.

Takahsia: “Well for now we all need to get back home so we can analyze this data and see what this simulation program reveals about Project Genesis and what could’ve went wrong during the process before he went berserk and destroyed the facility.”

Aione: “Shun I need to talk to you for a minute alone please?”

Shun’s face went blank with surprise as he answered with a stutter.

Shun: “Y-y-y-yeah sure. No problem.”

Iteza: “Well goodnight everyone. I have an early morning before school.”

Kaida: “Well you already know why I need to go as well.”

Daijiro: “Speaking of goodbyes…”

Daitaro: “…When is Hotaru coming back?”

Takashia: “He should be back later this week. He’s been on vacation with his parents to visit his relatives for the past couple of weeks. The teachers even gave him his homework in advance to prevent him from falling behind.”

Tri-Blaze: “Has anyone been keeping him in the loop as to what’s been going on lately?”

Gabriel: “Not that I know of.”

Raijin: “I haven’t heard anything from Delta at all either.”

Terra: “Do you think anything has happened to them?”

Takashia: “I doubt it. If anything happened we would be the first to know from Hotaru. But we need to split before the sun comes up so we can check out this simulation.”

The group splits off in their separate directions and heads into the forest outside of the warehouse as Aione, Mirage, Shun, and Zero remain behind to have the previously mentioned conversation.
Shun stands looking confused at Aione as she begins to speak. Aione nods to Mirage, then Mirage begins to walk towards Zero and grabs him by the hand and leads him away from Shun and Aione as they begin their conversation.

Aione: “Ummmm…Shun?”

Shun: “Y-y-yeah? What’s wrong?”

Aione: “What took you so long to get here? You were the closest to the hideout. Was it because you were with Kohana?”

Shun: “Well actually I was with her.”

Aione’s expression grew upset.

Aione: “Oh. What happened?”

Shun: “Nothing happened. She took me to a part of the woods that was quiet and secluded that was special to her. That’s all.”

Aione: “So she thought you were special enough to take you there?”

Shun: “No…that’s not it. It’s just that she just wanted to show me something that she enjoyed as a thank you for me getting her out of the house.”

Aione: “Oh. Well how do you feel about her?”

*Thu-thump*

Shun’s heart pounded faster as her opened his mouth to answer but the words wouldn’t come out.

Shun: “Well…it’s not like I’m in love with her or anything.”

Aione let out a small sigh of relief that even Shun couldn’t hear. Then she opened her mouth and stalled on her next words as she started to question Shun once again.

Aione: “Well what about me? How you feel about me?”

Shun looked at her as Aione’s cheeks slightly turned red and looked away from Shun’s gaze. Shun’s face started to heat up as he began to answer her question.

Shun: “Well…I like that you’re a friend of mine and I’m glad I met you that day. I hope that we can be friends for a long time. I really care about you and everyone else.”

A small grin stretched across Aione’s face as she responds.

Aione: (Smiling) “Yeah. Thanks Shun.”

Aione leans in closer to Shun and gives him a peck on the cheek. Then she turns around and walks out of the warehouse. Aione stops at the door’s threshold and turns around to Shun.

Aione: “Goodnight, Shun. Let’s go, Mirage.”

Aione smiles at Shun and walks away while Mirage follows behind. Shun’s hand rises and lands on his cheek. His face is blank and expressionless. Zero approaches from behind and stares into Shun’s empty eyes.

Zero: “Hey Shun. You ok? Hellllloooooooo? Earth to Shun.”

Shun snaps out of his trance as if he was hypnotized.

Shun: “Oh! Sorry! I was just thinking. This is a very compromising situation. It’s clear that Aione likes me but I can also tell that Kohana is attracted to me in some way. I just don’t know who to choose. I don’t want to mess things up between any of us but I can’t have these feelings lingering in the air around us. It’ll make things awkward for everyone.”

Zero: “I’m not a relationship expert or anything, but maybe you should see how they each girl feels about you and make your decision based on that. But that should be the least of your worries right about now. We’ll deal with that when the time is right. Right now we need to get home and check out this simulation soon before morning.”

Shun looking lost in thought agrees with Zero with a simple nod of his head.

Shun: “Let’s go home, Zero.”

As Shun and Zero walk out the warehouse, thoughts of Kohana and Aione flash through his mind.

Shun: (Maybe I feel the same about her.)

Shun smiles and walks out of the door.

The Flames of Young Hearts-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter has taken so long to be uploaded folks! I've just been going through some things and had to reevaluate myself and get myself together. I promise there are more chapters to come. Chapter 20:Simulation or Reality: Worst Case Scenario for Project Genesis! look for it next week!
-Arigatou and Jana!