Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 33: Sheer Cold

While Raijin and Terra were battling against their Father's Machina, Absolute. The boys had made their resolve clear to their Father that they had different plans for the future of their Father's weapons manufacturing company. Saito, now realizing his sons' ideals, takes his sons' feelings into consideration and looks forward to seeing what his sons can do with that kind of position in the family's business. But at the same time, Saito isn't the type of person to back off and let it go without a fight. His words were examples of his iron strong will.

Saito: "You've done it now."

Absolute staggered to his feet with a cold, raged-filled look in his eyes. A cold mist expelled from his mouth like smoke from a dragon's mouth. He stared blankly and angrily at his opponents and let out a small sigh that released another small mist of cold breath.

Daijiro: "Why is he so angry?! What made him react like that?"

Daitaro: "It's apparent that he took a considerate amount of damage but I've never seen anything like this."

Saito: "It's my secret technique. Limit Breaker: Activate! It allows him to let go of all his inhibitions and let loose. He doesn't feel pain or anything. Just power and a thirst for destruction. Cut loose, Absolute!"

Absolute moved without hesitation, as if he disappeared into thin air. The boys and their partners looked around confused and taken off guard by the sudden vanishing of their opponent.

Daitaro: "Where'd he go?!"

Daijiro: "I can't detect him anywhere. What about you guys?"

Terra: "I can't feel his presence anywhere in here. Raijin?"

Raijin: "I can't see him but I can feel him. He's moving too fast for me to catch him. I can sense him cause of the static electricity still in the air. His pattern is too erratic to predict. The boys' father had uttered a simple command.

Saito: "Ice Double!"

Daijiro & Daitaro: "What?!!"

Absolute dashes throughout the arena at breakneck speeds while ice clones of himself appear around Raijin and Terra. The clones take form and begin to move. Raijin put each other back to back and prepare to defend themselves against the clones.

Terra: "We've got to do something quick or it's gonna be over for us."

Terra brings out drills onto both sides of his hands and Raijin readies his staff.

Saito: "Ice Barrage!"

The clones close in and unleash a flurry of ice-covered punches and strikes towards the two while stepping into their space. Raijin begins spinning his bow staff to repel the attacks and deliver attacks at the same time. Terra speeds up his attacks to meet blow for blow with the clones' sweep of attacks, breaking some of their ice-made hands as his punches meet with theirs. The delivery of attacks are starting to wear into Terra and Raijin. The clones continue to appear without hesitation and continue to rain down attacks onto the pair.

Daitaro: "This is ridiculous. We've got to get rid of all these clones at once. They can't take this much punishment at once for much longer."

Daijiro: "Dealing with him at this level of speed and strength is too much for them right now. I've got an idea. Get Terra to take cover."

Daitaro nodded his head and turned to towards the battle that was in front of him.

Daitaro: "Terra, take cover!"

Terra breaks a few of the clones around him using his drills. He grounds the drills on one arm into the ground as Raijin raises his spear into the air.

Daitaro: "Electric Tornado!!!!"

With a loud crackling of thunder from the tip of the spear, Raijin swirls it rapidly to create a vortex of electricity. The vortex grew bigger as it expanded and pulled in all of the ice clones. It pulled at Absolute and tried to draw him in but he was able to withstand his ground and stay in place. Terra was being pulled with less force since he was under the center of the vortex. The ice clones shattered into dust and fell to the floor in small particles. Absolute stood there in place ready to go back into battle while Terra and Raijin have to regain their stance in order to prepare for battle again.

Saito: "Now you see the difference in our power? Just surrender and let's talk this out like gentleman. No sense in letting your Machina suffer any more than they have to. I still have trick up my sleeve."

Daitaro: "He still has something even more powerful up his sleeve? This is getting ridiculous."

Daijiro: "But we have to find a way to stop him and our Father. We have to win at any cost. Let's go guys!"

Raijin and Terra rush in towards Absolute and go directly to close combat quarters with him. The three make exchanges of blows and blocks. Absolute is successful in fending off his attackers while being able to counterattack with amazing speed. The three seem to be at a standstill and can’t make any headway towards one side overcoming the other. Absolute blasts an Ice Ball from his hand towards the ground to create a smokescreen. Raijin and Terra retreated back to prevent any surprises. Saito let out a hearty laugh.

Saito: “I can’t believe you two are that jittery. But now it’s time to end this once and for all. Absolute, execute Sheer Cold.”

Absolute stands in place and takes a stance where he then begins to concentrate. The air begins to thin out become visible. The room suddenly began to grow chilly.

Daitaro: “Sheer Cold?! What is that?!”

Daijiro: “We’d better brace ourselves. Raijin be on the lookout!”

Daitaro: “You too.”

Terra: “I don’t know what’s going on but I’ve got a bad feeling about this next attack. We’ve gotta stop him before something happens that could really spell trouble for us.”

Daitaro: You’re right. We’ve gotta get the jump on him before it costs us this fight. Terra, us Shockwave Swirl!”

Daijiro: “You get into it as well Raijin. Use Bolt Flare!”

Both Terra and Raijin launch their attacks at the same time towards Absolute. The attacks combine in mid reach to create a huge wave of energy. Just before the attacks would reach him, he opens his eyes and a cold surge emanates from Absolute. The surge sweeps over everyone with blinding speed, freezing every fighter in the arena. The boys look up to find that both their Machina have been frozen solid.

Daitaro: “What the-?!”

Daijiro: “How is this even possible?!”

Saito: “Sheer cold is a technique that Absolute developed while training in the North Pole. This attacks freezes every opponent instantly. It’s impossible to escape from. Just face it boys. This battle is as good as mine.”

Daitaro: “We’ve gotta do something. Even our combined attack that we launched before was stopped and frozen in midair. Terra! You’ve got to respond and break through. I know you can do this.”

Daijiro: “Raijin. I know you can hear me. You’ve got t use all of your remaining strength to break through. Not only for yourself but for our futures together. We’ve to win to live our lives the way we intend to.”

Saito: “You might as well say you’re last words because these two popsicles aren’t going anywhere for a while. No matter what you say, you’re words won’t reach them through that layer of solid ice.”

Just as Saito had let out a hearty laugh of confidence and sure victory, Raijin’s ice started to crack.

-End