Status: Finally Done! :D

If Katy Perry Is My Best Friend, Why Am I Hooking Up With Travis McCoy?

Pete's Date.

Pete’s date was up first. It was Monday and he said he’d set everything up. All he said was for me to wear a dress. So I put on a short fire red dress and black flats. I was more surprised when Pete picked me up in a black suit and red Converse.

“You look nice” I told him as I stepped off the bus and into the cool summer night air. “Thank you. You look beautiful” I smiled and held his hand on the way to his car. “How’d you know to match my dress?” I asked, looking at his shoes. “Katy” we both laughed. We had light conversation till we reached the restaurant.

It was an Italian restaurant I had never heard of. Pete helped me out then gave the keys to the valet. Pete gave his name and we were seated immediately. After looking through the menu, I gasped. “Pete, why are we here?” he gave me a confused look.

“Do you not like Italian food?” “No, I do. But the food here is so expensive. The soup alone is one hundred and fifty dollars!” “I like to spoil my girl” he held my hand. I smiled. “That’s sweet. But I don’t need expensive dates, Pete. I’m fine with a movie and popcorn” he chuckled. “It’s fine. Order whatever you want” I nodded and smiled. After looking at the menu for 15 minutes, I decided on the cheapest thing they had; salad.

“A salad?” Pete looked shocked when I told the waiter my food choice. “No, Anna. I said get whatever you want. Money is no object” he looked from me then back to the waiter. “She’ll have the Tour of Italy, and I’ll have the special soup with the breadsticks” the waiter nodded and took back our menus. “What’s the Tour of Italy?” I whispered to him when the waiter was gone. “It’s just a bunch of different flavors of lasagna” I nodded and looked around.

Every person in the room was dressed fancy and looked like they owned a lot of money. “So what made you want to take me to this restaurant?” he smiled. “It has a lot of memories” he looked up at the ceiling. I figured he was talking about Ashlee. “But I’m ready to make new ones” he looked back at me.

“Oh. Yes” I smiled. “Me too” he nodded then our food arrived. There were 5 different kinds of lasagna. It was too much and I had to get a to-go box. “Ya ready to go?” he asked me when the bill came.

I wiped my mouth and nodded. As Pete dug for his wallet, I snuck a peak at the bill. It was over 200 dollars! My meal was the more expensive one and Pete’s soup was 50 dollars. I quickly tossed the bill back on the table when Pete had his wallet.

He smiled as he tossed some money on the table. I smiled back and fiddled with my thumbs. “Come on” we stood up and he offered me his arm. When we got outside, I shivered as a breeze blew by. Pete took off his jacket and draped it over my shoulders.

I smiled and rubbed my shoulders with my hands. “Wanna take a walk?” I looked at him. “Sure” we both smiled. He pulled me in the direction of the park. It was quiet for the first few minutes.

But that was okay. The park was peaceful and I was comfortable in Pete’s arms. “It’s pretty” I told Pete as we walked by a tree wrapped in Christmas lights. “Yeah” the moon above was shining and it illuminated Pete’s face. I giggled at his beauty.

“What?” he looked down at me, a smile on his face. “Nothing.” “Oh, come on. Tell me” he poked me in the side. “It’s nothing. You’re just…gorgeous” his smile got bigger. “Thank you” I nodded. “So what are we gonna do now?” I asked him when we reached the end of the park.

“Wanna spend the night?” I didn’t know if I should say yes or no. My date with Travis was tomorrow. Pete and I weren’t going to do anything, but I still had questions. “You don’t have to. I won’t try anything” he gave me a reassuring smile. That smile washed away all the questions I had.

I nodded and we walked back to his car. The drive was silent most of the way back. Pete was singing along to the music and tapping his fingers to the beat. I stared out the window, watching the passing lights. When we got to the house, Pete came over to my side and opened the door for me.

I held his hand as he helped me out of the car. He unlocked the front and when he turned on the lights, Hemmingway came running to us. We both smiled and rubbed the bulldogs tummy when he rolled over. “Do you want some ice cream?” Pete asked me after Hemmingway trotted away. “No, thanks” I shook my head.

“I’m still full” I patted my tummy. “Alright. Well come with me to get some” he took my arm and led me to the kitchen. “Honestly, how are you not fat?” I asked him as he pulled out a gallon of chocolate ice cream. He shrugged his shoulders and danced his way over to the cabinets to get a bowl. After dishing some ice cream into his bowl, he sat down at the table and began to eat.

I kicked back and watched him. He had some chocolate melt down his face. I giggled and wiped it off his mouth. I was bout to wipe the ice cream on a napkin, when he took my fingers and put them in his mouth. I blushed as he sucked the once frozen dairy product off my fingertips.

He could only smirk at me. “Yum” he said once my fingers were out of his mouth. I laughed nervously. “Don’t be so nervous” he said to me, rubbing my arms. “Nervous? W-who’s nervous?” I blushed at my stuttering.

“Don’t worry” he laughed. “I think it’s cute” my eyes softened and I hugged him. He held onto me tightly and rubbed my back. He held me for a long time. No words were spoken, we just soaked up each others body heat. “I like holding you” Pete told me.

I giggled happily. “What would you like to do now?” he asked me 5 minutes later after we let go of each other. I looked around and shrugged. “How ‘bout a swim?” he suggested. “I don’t have a swimsuit” he smirked.

“That’s the point” he winked then checked me out. “Oh” I trailed off, blushing like mad. He chuckled. “I’m kidding, babe. If you’re not comfortable with it then that’s fine” he smiled sweetly at me. “Thank you, Pete” he nodded and led me back to his bedroom.

“I’m gonna take a shower real quick” he said to me as I sat down on his bed. I nodded and he left for his bathroom. I blew air out of my cheeks and laid down on my back. Hemmingway jumped on the bed next to me. I smiled and rolled over to him.

I rubbed his tummy and when he got comfortable around me, he crawled on top of my chest. I smiled and played with his ears. When Pete came out of the bathroom, Hemmingway and I were halfway asleep. Pete shook my arm, trying to wake me up. I rolled in the opposite direction of him, almost crushing Hemmingway.

The bulldog licked my face and barked in my ear. I finally opened my eyes and Pete and Hemmingway were staring at me. “What?” there was an amused look on Pete’s face. “You’re too cute” he said getting in the bed with me. I ran a hand through my hair and yawned.

“Thanks” he kissed my cheek and pulled me back down. “Night” he whispered in my ear. Hemmingway jumped back on the bed and licked both of our faces. Pete kissed me one last time before I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am extremely sorry this took forever to get this out! I feel so bad! :( I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. :)