‹ Prequel: Mocking Bird

Walk Away I'm Okay

Drug Slap

"Leo" I mummer as he continued to gaze at Liam. I bit my lip before taking a small step towards him. "Leo, What's wrong?" I asked softly placing my hand on his arm.

He shrugged my arm off shooting me a look.

"What's wrong?" he croaked his voice cracked and I could see tears build in his eyes as he gazed down at me. "It's true isn't" he said.

I blinked before my eyes widen.

"No Leo! I'm not with Liam."

"Eww gross." Liam groaned rubbing a hand down is face. "Dude JoJo's like my little sister." Liam said flinching back at the glare that Leo sent him.

"Leo lets get you home, what happened to you." I asked as my hand gently wrapped around his arm. He tried to get out of my grip as he fidgeted.

"Let me go. Jordan please." he said shaking.

"Leo?"

"Jordan let him go." I felt Liam's cautious hand take my arm.

"No." I snapped glarring at Liam, who held a worried look on his face.

"Jo look at his eyes." he whispered. My eyes snapped up to Leo's. I held back a gasp as I stared up into cloudy glazed blue eyes. I felt a stab of pain in the pit of my stomach. Looking back at Liam I sighed.

"We need to get him back to my house." I said quietly.

"Jesus Jo, what will your dad do?"

"Hopefully knock some sense into him." I said.

As Liam grabbed one side of Leo and I took the other.

'God please bring him back.' I thought

Skip

I stared at Leo from the hall as my dad sat on the coffee table in front of him. We were waiting for Jimmy who said on the phone to my dad that he could help him. My dad was shocked when he saw Liam and I dragging Leo behind us into the house.

Flashback

I opened the door as Liam held Leo's shaking form.

"DAD!!" I yelled as Liam led Leo to the couch. My dad came running towards me his phone attached to his ear. "What's wrong?" he asked

I looked down. "Leo, he took something." I whispered

"What did he take baby girl?"

"I don't know we stumbled across him at the boardwalk I didn't want anything bad to happen so he's in the living room."

My dad walked into the living room looked at Leo's bare arms, the his eyes and then his socked clad feet.

"Jimbo I need your help here." he said into the phone before nodding and saying he would be watching Leo until he arrived. Dad had shut his phone and sat in front of Leo who was playing with his fingers.

End Flashback


Liam had taken the seat across from the couch watching Leo with his arms crossed.

"Leo can you tell me what you took." My dad asked softly while starring at Leo directly into his eyes.

"Something to make the pain go away." he mumbled

"What pain?"

"Her leaving."

"Jordan wouldn't leave you Leo."

"She did."

"No she didn't she was confused."

"Whatever."

My dad sighed and ran his hand down his face. I heard the door open and turned seeing Jimmy standing there.

"Hey Baby Gates." he said coming up and higgling me.

"Hey Jimmy." I said softly.

"Where is he?"

"In the living room with Dad and Liam." I said. He nodded and patted my back before walking in.

I slid down on my butt in the hall and sighed gripping my knees tightly.

Liam's Point of view

I watched as Jimmy walked into the living room. He took one look at Leo before walking up to him and slapping him across the back of the head.

"Wake up!!" he snapped.

Leo flinched before shooting him a glare.

"What the hell Jimmy."

"What the hell to you too Leo, why did you take it?" he asked crossing his arms.

"I thought it would make me feel better that if I couldn't feel her leave me then I'd be alright."

Jimmy scoffed before looking over at me.

"Liam what is Jordan to you and be honest." he said looking at me with his bright blue eyes from behind his glasses.

"She's my other sister, I practically helped her understand everything when she was growing up." I said closing my eyes, as I leaned back into the seat.

Leo let out a sigh before running his shaking hands over his face.

"I'm stupid, I wouldn't listen to her at all." he said

"Go get yourself cleaned up, Leo." Brian said softly. "I'll go get you something to change into." Brian said getting up and walking out the living room. His footsteps stopped and then continued towards were the bedrooms.

Looking up I saw Jo standing at the doorway. Jimmy flashed her a small smile.

"Hey Lil Gates." he said chipper again as he walked towards the kitchen. Leo looked up through his bangs seeing her.

"Oh god." he whispered standing up, as Jordan walked into the living room. Her eyes were trained to the floor.

"Jordan." he said. "I'm so sorry." he said softly.

She stopped in front of him and looked up at him, what really shocked me was what she did.

SLAP

"Don't you ever think that I would do such a thing ever and to turn to fucking drugs!!" she shrieked before turning on her heel and leaving the room.

I couldn't help it but I bursted out laughing.

Jordan's Point of View

'I hope I didn't hurt him to bad just enough to get him to snap out of it.' I thought bitting my lip slightly.