‹ Prequel: Mocking Bird

Walk Away I'm Okay

Again

I sat in the warm sun my bikini top was drying from the water I was thrown in when we came to the beach earlier, we being CiCi, Leo, Liam, Dan, Eric and I. I was watching from behind my sunglasses as the five of my best friends were playing around acting like ten year olds.

"Hey." I heard Leo's voice call out to me before my hat was taken from my head and I watched with a grin as he tossed it up on his head of messy brown hair that was curling at the ends.

"Hey."

"What are you doing all by yourself?"

"I'm watching them, I don't wanna get wet again." I said glaring at him from beneath my glasses. He chuckled.

"But that was fun!" he started choking back laughs as I continued to glare at him.

"Oh shut it."

"Come on Babe, I was joking."

"I know so was I." I said with a grin while sticking my tongue out, laughing at his face. He pouted before leaning over and pecking my lips. I reached up and took my bright blue hat from his head laughing and pecked his cheek.

"HEY LOVE BIRDS!!!!!!" I turned my head seeing Dan grinning from the water.

“COME ON!”

I shook my head laughing, while Leo got up and started towards the water.

“You sure you don’t want to come!” He called back towards me.

“I’m sure!”

I was watching them for a couple more minutes when my phone starting ringing.

“hello?”

”Is this Jordan Haner?”

“Yes, who is this?”

”My name is Officer Greg Franklin, I’m in charge of your case file with the hit and run accident you were in a couple of months ago.”

“Oh?”

”Yes it seems we located the vehicle that was in the accident.”

“What about the person that was driving it?”

”We have yet to locate this person, though we are still looking.”

“Alright thank you for calling.” I said softly while watching my friends.

”Have a good day ma’am.”

“Thanks you too.” I said while turning my phone off.

I looked down at my sand covered feet, I looked up seeing a shadow hovering above me.

“Hey.”

I blinked staring at them man standing there.

“Um hello.”

“Can I talk to you.”

I shifted my gaze to my friends.

“I guess?”

I stood up and looked up at him, he was probably as tall as Matt. He nodded towards the beach. I was wary as I walked beside him.

“My names Drake by the way.” he said.

“I’m J...”

“Jordan, yeah I know.” he said with a chuckle. I bit my lip at that.

“Oh so you’ve heard of me.”

I watched a smirk grace his face. “Yeah you could say that.”

Next thing I know is the darkness behind my eyelids.

Leo’s Point of View

I looked back towards were the towels and where Jordan was sitting only to see she wasn’t there. I looked around trying to see her form anywhere around us.

“What’s up Leo?” asked CiCi as she stopped tossing the ball back to Liam, Dan and Eric, I was her partner in our little game.

“Jordan’s gone.” I muttered while getting out of the water.

“What?” CiCi said snapping her head back and forth looking for the dark haired singer.

“She was just there.” Eric said confused as he followed me out of the water.

“Where could she have gone?” Liam asked following us out as we all just looked around for our friend.

“JORDAN!!!” Dan yelled out to crowded beach.

Nothing. I walked to the towels and picked up my phone that was underneath the towels. Typing in her number that I knew by heart.

Ring

Ring


Ring

Ring


”Hey this is Jordan, I’m not at the phone right this second I’m probably preforming or writing something so leave a short message and a number and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”

“Jo, where did you go, we’re worried. Babe call me back as soon as you get this.” I said before hanging up.

“She didn’t pick up.” Eric asked me as I started going through my contacts.

“No, she didn’t I’m calling Brian to see if she went home or called him.” I said finding the phone number and pressing the phone button on it.

Ring

Ring


Ring

Ring


”Hey, what’s up Leo?”

“Brian has Jordan called you or has she come home?”

”No she hasn’t called me at all, and I haven’t heard her come in at all either, why what’s up?” he asked as I heard him get up from his seat, I heard some of the other guys in the background asking what was wrong.

“We were out in the ocean goofing off but Jordan decided she was going to stay out watching our stuff well we just looked up and she wasn’t anywhere around and I called her and she didn’t answer.” I said running my hand through my hair.

”I’ll call her when we get off here then have the guys call, you all call her again.” he said

“Yeah sure.” I said hanging up.

I let out a growl. “damn it.”

“What’s wrong.”

“She wasn’t there and he hasn’t heard anything from her.” I said.

“Oh god.” CiCi whispered while grabbing her phone.

“JOJO, where the flying fuck are you!!! Please call someone back Please we’re getting worried!!” she said into her phone.

The others quickly got there phones out sending text messages or calling.

I went back to Jordan’s number and quickly typed a message.



Babe, where r u, plz call me asap love you


I looked back out at the water, while we all grabbed our things before heading to the boardwalk still searching for her. The only thing that was on my mind was I hope it wasn't happening again.