‹ Prequel: Mocking Bird

Walk Away I'm Okay

Save Me

Brian's Point of View

It had been a couple of weeks since the run in with Samantha, I could tell it had affected Jordan, her mood and everything she did was skittish and twitchy like she was afraid something bad would happen when she would say something or do something. I was worried but Leo had told me he was watching out for her, and sadly I believed he could probably be the only one to actually talk sense into her.

I stood on the side of the stage watching Jordan dance around the stage, her performances never failed though.

"Spanish lullabies under moonlit skies, we found love there.
Dancing in the sand, walking hand in hand both without a care.
Haunted by her past completely in her grasp, simply unaware.
Was it meant to last, it fell apart so fast, life is just not fair.

It's time to face what this love has done to me,
I can’t escape, only your love can save me.

You’re the only one who matters, and the only one for me,
Now I’m lonelier than ever only your love can save me.
I’ve wanted this forever, but I want you all for me,
You can put me back together, only your love can save me.

Each day I’m in hell, everyone can tell by the look on my face,
Not one day goes by that I don’t wonder why don’t believe its fate.

It's time to face what this love has done to me,
I can’t escape, only your love can save me.

You’re the only one who matters, and the only one for me,
Now I’m lonelier than ever only your love can save me.
I’ve wanted this forever, but I want you all for me,
You can put me back together, only your love can save me.

It's time to face what this love has done to me,
I can’t escape, only your love can save me.

Only your love can save me,
Whoa, whoa oh, whoa, whoa oh
Whoa, whoa oh, whoa, whoa oh

Only your love can save me.

You’re the only one who matters, and the only one for me,
Now I’m lonelier than ever only your love can save me.
I’ve wanted this forever, but I want you all for me,
You can put me back together, only your love can save me.
Whoa, whoa oh, whoa, whoa oh
Only your love can save me.
Whoa, whoa oh, whoa, whoa oh
Only your love can save me. "


It was their last song of the set as I watched her thank the crowd before throwing her pick out to the ground before waving and walking to the side stage handing her guitar to the tech before flashing me a smile.

"Hey Dad." she said stopping in front of me. I smiled at her.

"Hey Sweetheart." I said wrapping my arms around her kissing her forehead.

"Eww Dad I'm all sweaty." she said scrunching her nose up at me, before pulling back and sticking her tongue out.

"JoJo!!" CiCi called as she made her way towards the guitar tech who took her guitar as she handed it to him coming over and throwing her arm around Jordan's shoulder. "That was a kick ass show! Opps sorry Mr. Syn sir." she said laughing before pecking Jordan's cheek and running off towards the buses. I heard her scream in the back at some of the guys from Leo's band before hearing them yell at her telling her to shut up.

"She doesn't really need to call me Mr. Syn." I said to Jordan who just smiled.

"that's CiCi for you." she said before watching Eric and Dan who patted her back before heading to help the roadies with their equipment.

"So are you ready to head back to Cali?" I asked her as she started to walk to the buses. Throwing my arm over her shoulders.

"Yeah, I miss my bed and Pinkly." she said nodding her head. I let a smile grace my face as I thought about how close she had gotten to Pinkly.

"I bet she misses you too. Of Course the guys miss you as well seeing as they had to head back." I trailed off.

"Dad if you need to go back home, then go I'm fine here the guys and CiCi aren't gonna let anything happen to me." She said looking up at me. I sighed before kissing her forehead.

"Alright, I have to leave by Thursday, Matt was talking about another album." I said shaking his head.

"That's great!" she said smiling up at me.

"I suppose, I really wanted to make sure you enjoyed your first tour. Though it doesn't look like that went well."I said

"Don't worry Dad." She said kissing my cheek before heading towards her bus were Leo was leaning against the side waiting for her. I watched as he wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up off the ground making her squeal. It brought a smile to my face, seeing her happy. It made the stressful feeling of leaving her slowly disperses.

Jordan's Point of View

Once Leo sat me down on the ground I smiled up at him.

"You guys did great." I said softly. He smiled and pecked my lips gently.

"So were you guys come on I have something to show you." he said as he took my hand and pulling me onto my bus and towards the back where our little hang out spot was. He sat me down on the couch and grabbed my acoustic guitar I had on the bus. He sat down next to me pulling the guitar down on his lap strumming it before looking up at me.

"I had written this a couple of months before your accident." he said softly.

I nodded watching as he strummed a melody.

"I walk alone
Think of home
Memories of long ago
No one knows I lost my soul long ago

Lied too much
She said that she's had enough
Am I too much
She said that she's had enough

Standing on my own
Remembering the one I left at home
Forget about the life I used to know
Forget about the one I left at home

I need to run far away
Can't go back to that place
Like she told me
I'm just a big disgrace

Lied too much
She said that she's had enough
Am I too much
She said that she's had enough

Standing on my own
Remembering the one I left at home
Forget about the life I used to know
Forget about the one I left at home
So now I'm standing here alone
I'm learning how to live life on my own

Lied too much
I think that I've had enough
Am I too much
She said that she's had enough

I'm standing on my own
Remembering the one I left at home
Forget about the life I used to know
Forget about the one I left at home
So now I'm standing here alone
I'm learning how to live life on my own
Forget about the past I'll never know
Forget about the one I left at home "


I sat there with my eyes closed as he finished up.

"You know when I wrote it, I was just dumped by this girl, I thought my heart was gonna fall out of my chest. Then a few weeks later I see you at the pier, I was just wondering who you were, I wanted to ask you your name then that idiot driver hit you, I couldn't help but feel something grip my heart." He whispered

My eyes opened as I looked down at him as he had set the guitar down and held his head in his hands.

"I never thought I'd see someone get hit by a car, then when the fucking idiot drove off not even to see if you were alive or not." He stopped when I placed my hand on his arm.

"Hey." I whispered tugging him towards me. He wrapped his arms around me, as my arms wrapped around his neck.

"You saved me Leo." I whispered into his ear kissing his cheek, as his grip tightened around my waist.

"I wish you hadn't gotten hurt at all." he whispered.

I just held him. My thoughts wavered once again but came back as I looked up at his bright blue eyes. His hand came to rest on my cheek.

"I promise you, nothing will happen to you." he said softly. I smiled up at him as he leaned down and kissed my lips gently. "I have to head to my bus, I'll see you tomorrow." he whispered. I nodded watching him get up and leave the bus.

I let out a sigh before getting up and stretching, before making my way towards the restroom while grabbing some night clothes and heading to take a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Save Me ~ My Darkest Days
On my Own ~ Three Days Grace (had this song stuck in my head for weeks!!!)