Status: Re-written.

Hurricane

Packing

Shocked I looked at the boy . His black hair was spiked, and I had to admit, looked pretty cool, he was tan, but I saw that it was his own skin color. He was taller than me, with my 5 feet 8, but he was tall. I saw that he was well build, and I felt intimidated. I gathered the water back, while I searched for something that I could recognize. His brown eyes with a red glow stared into mine. My mind made the connection for me. I knew what he was. I nodded and let the water carefully slip away.

‘It would be time you go to school’, he said after I let the water completely go.

Confused I looked to him.
‘What do you mean, go to school. It’s summer break’

He let out an irritated sigh; I knew he was irritated because of his face. Besides that, something radiated off him that send me shivers.

‘Not a normal school, smartass. A school special for our kind. Your father and mother went to it, and Aiden would go to it when he’s older’
That made sense. Impatiently he looked around.

‘We will pick you up in the evening. Your mother knows about it’, he said, his eyes looked at the blue sky. I nodded and looked at the small band that was still playing.

‘At what time will you-oh’, I said perplexed and turned red. He disappeared. I looked around me, but there was no sign of him. The smell of a burned match made its way to my nose.

Apparently he had to disappear in smoke, something my father could do also, that’s what my mother told me. I smiled on that thought, it was impossible to disappear in smoke, like some magic trick. I let myself drift away with the sound of the band.

‘Come on dreamy. I want to buy a couple of shoes’, yelled Sandra in my ear which caused me to jump in the air. Katie shrugged her shoulders in a guilty way, while Sandra walked to the only shoe store in town.

*

The way home only took twenty minutes. When I walked in to our garden, my mother was already waiting for me.

‘O, I’m so happy for you Cas. You don’t have to be afraid, it is an amazing school’, she said while she embraced me with her cold arm, sending a shiver down my spine.

‘I hope so mum. Can you tell me something about it?’ I asked. She nodded and walked through our little pool to the garden chairs. I followed her, after I slipped out of my flip flops.

‘What do you want to know?’ She asked while she looked inside, probably looking for Aiden, who was quietly playing with himself.

‘Where is it?’

‘Ah, you would be amazed Cas. It’s so beautiful. The school building was in my time new and fancy, but it would probably look old to you. At one side there is a huge clear blue lake, and at the other side there is a forest with in the distance mountain. You would really love your camp’, she said dreamingly, probably thinking about her time there.

‘Can you tell me more about the whole thing mum?’ I asked, snapping her out of her little daydream.

‘Of course. First of all, you know there are different kinds of powers? You’ve got the elemental powers like water, fire, earth, air and lightning.
Those are the most uncommon, with water and fire the most. The common ones are time, the people with that can bend the time, sound, metal, rock, animals, future, dreams, technology, plants and the shape shifters. I will explain these ones in short. The ones with sounds, can bend sound, and make beautiful music. Metal, they can bend metal; they can make beautiful and strange swords. People who have the rock gift usually are strong, and can move very large rocks. Some people can talk with animals; they have the power of animal. I know, it’s not really a creative name. those with the power of plants, can grow plants, bend them into different shapes, and that sort of things.
I think future, dreams and shape shifters speak for themselves. And the ones with the gift for technology are very handy with technology.
Every specie has its own benefit. For example, we can bend water, we can breathe under water and we can live under really cold circumstances. Fire is the exact opposite. Air people can fly, using the air to lift them up, and earth can breathe under the ground and can move the ground’, she explained.

‘But if we are under water and out of air, we get gills. What do fire people get when they’re out of air?’

‘I don’t know. I never saw it’, she said simply and I nodded.

‘Where do I sleep, mum?’ Suddenly a smile was spread across her face.

‘A tree. You’re going sleep in a tree’, she said, looking at me, probably waiting for a response.

‘A tree? Like a tree house?’ I asked surprised. Why in a tree if they had a large building? Couldn’t they build dorms in it?

‘No like I said, you will be sleeping in a tree, in a hollow one. You will sleep with the other girls of the water tribe. The guys of the water tribe will sleep in the tree next to you. It’s always very pleasant. Everyone is often sitting around the campfire, at least, that was when your dad and I where students’, she said and gazes in the distance, remembering things. I nodded vaguely. I knew those stories because my mum often told them to me, when I was little. She is missing him, I just knew. She talks so much about him.

‘But isn’t it small?’ I asked. De trees that I knew weren’t very big, and if it were hollow, you could never live with a few people in it.

‘No, the trees there are huge. You could easily live in it with four or five people. You would have enough space, especially the trees of the water tribe.’

‘Why especially the trees of the water tribe?’ I asked, not understanding.

‘It’s very uncommon that people can bend water, especially girls. You’re probably sharing you three with one other girl. There would probably be three boys of the water tribe. It’s every year the same. The air tribe had four trees, two boys, two girls, and every year every tree is full. The same story with earth. Fire is also uncommon. There probably would me four girls, and three boys. Watch out for earth and fire. The earth tribe is for some strange reason very arrogant, and the fire tribe is very quick tempered’, she puts an cold hand on my knee. I nodded.

‘You’re going to be amazed Cas, don’t worry’

‘I’m going to pack my things, will you help me?’ I asked, I had absolutely no idea what to pack. She nodded and followed me upstairs. Aiden was still playing with his toys. With bare feet we walked upstairs. Our feet weren’t wet, because the water glided, just like a duck, off of us. Upstairs my mother walked to my dresser and pulled all kind of clothes out of it. Jeans, t-shirts, tops, skirts, but also hoodies, sweaters and at last three sets of bikinis.
‘You would need them in the summer, you probably would like to swim in the lake’, she explained. I grabbed my underwear and other stuff.

‘So, I think you’re ready now’, she said after a couple of minutes. With a heavy sigh I laid down on my bed.

‘Come one, lazy one. Come help me with your last dinner’, she said laughing and I looked at her indignantly.

‘That sounds like I’m going die’, I said and followed her downstairs, taking one of my suit-cases downstairs.

‘Aiden, would you clean up your stuff?’ my mother asked and Aiden nodded and cleaned up his stuff. Such a sweet child.

‘Oh, I have to tell Sandra and Katie’, I said and run to the computer and logged in on Hotmail. Quickly I send them a message, where I said I would be moving to the other side of the country to go to a boarding school. I would call them later. After the mail was send I helped my mother.

‘How late will they be here?’ My mother asked, before taking a bite. I shrugged my shoulders and swallowed.

‘Don’t know mum, he never said anything about it’, I thought about the guy, he never told me his name. He was really strange. Aiden looked not understanding at my mother. She looked at me and I nodded, she could tell him.

A minute later, there fell I tear down his cheek.

‘Ah, come on Aiden. Don’t cry’, I said, holding back my own tears. He walked towards me and I pulled him up. He becomes heavy, I think to myself. Crying he laid his head in the crook of my shoulder. I resisted the urge to giggle and pull my head away.

‘But I’m going miss you’, he said with his tiny voice. ‘Now I have nobody to play with’

‘Of course you have. Mummy can play with you, and you have other friends, haven’t you? And you can play with Calvin’, Calvin was the friend of my mum. They knew each other for two years. He was really nice, and I could really get along with him, the only bad thing was that he was always gone, because of his job. Aiden shrugged his shoulders. I cradled him in my arms and enjoyed is warm skin. That way I was a bit warmed up.

‘Easy, little one. If you want I can call you every week, or else you could call me?’ I said, whipping away his tears. I lifted his head and put a kiss on his wet cheek.

‘Can you play with me mum? For the last time?’ He asked and with a smile I nodded. Wait, what did he call me?

‘How did you call me Aiden?’ I asked startled. She couldn’t have told him.

‘Mum. You are my mum Cas’, I nodded and looked to my mother. Aiden was right, I was his mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter for today.
Please comment guys, or probably girls;)