Status: Re-written.

Hurricane

Eyes

‘How could you mum?’ I asked furious.

I looked at her furious; she promised to me that she wouldn't’t tell Aiden till he was old enough to understand. He was only two-and-a-half years, he won’t understand!

‘He had to know Cascadia. It won’t be fair to him’, she only said.

‘Not fair to him! Have you thought about the point that in a couple of minutes I would be gone! Did you think of that?’ I yelled to her. She looked shocked, she hadn't thought of that.

‘He is old enough to understand Cas’, she only said, her voice raising, as did mine.
‘Old enough, he is TWO, for heaven’s sake!’ I yelled. I couldn't’t take it. I turned around and run out of the house.

‘I hate you’, I yelled for one last time. I grabbed my suit-cases and jacket and shut the door behind me.

How could she! How could she tell Aiden, and not filling me in that she told him? I didn't’t pay attention in which direction I headed and I didn't’t really cared. My arms where killing my so I stopped and sat on top of my suit-cases. There landed something warm and wet on my hand and when I looked I saw it was a tear. I touched my cheeks and noticed that I was crying.

‘Mummy?’ I hear a tiny voice ask. I look to my right and see Aiden standing with red eyes because he’s crying. I said nothing but sat him on my lap. I pulled him against me while I cried. I feel his little hands rubbing across my back, and I can’t help but smile. He is just such a sweetheart.

‘Are you angry with me mummy?’ He asked and I shook my head.

‘No little flame, I’m not angry with you, I’m angry with grandma’, I said and he nodded. ‘But why did you ask?’ I asked.

‘Because your eyes are red mum’, he said and startled I looked at him. I zipped one of my suit-cases open and searched for the little mirror. I pulled it out and looked in the mirror. He was right, they really where red. Both of them where red, but somewhere under need them they where brown.
But what happened to my blue one? I asked myself, suddenly nervous. I liked my blue eye, that’s why I always covered my brown one.

‘Let’s get going home’, I said to Aiden. He nodded and climbed onto my back. I smiled and grabbed my suit-cases and started walking home. I still was furious but I had to get over it. I was strong. I could do it. I mentally worked myself up.

When we arrived back at the house, an old hippie van was in front of our house. That would be my lift to the school. I let out a heavy sigh a walked inside, leaving my suit-cases outside.

I walked into the living room and saw my mother talking with a man. The mysterious boy was sitting on our couch with next to him a kind of scene looking girl. The girl heard me first, and looked around. When I met her gaze, I instantly knew I liked her. With some black eyeliner around here eyes, which where brown and a big bow in her blond, almost white hair, made her look cute.

‘Hi’, I said in a soft voice.

‘Hay’, she answered with a huge smile. I couldn't’t help but smile back.

‘I’m Cascadia, but call me Cas’, I said and she nodded.

‘I’m Irina, you can call me whatever you like. And this is Kai, but you probably knew’, she said but I shook my head.

‘You haven’t introduced yourself. You're such a fool Kai’, Irina said to the boy, which I now knew was named Kai. A cool name. Kai looked at me with a puzzled face. I lifted one eyebrow, and he quickly looked away. He’s so strange, I got chills from him.

I don’t know why, but something about him, made me be defensive. Irina stood up and walked to me and looked to Aiden. I lifted him a bit higher on my back.

‘Come on Aiden, say hi to Irina’, I said with a soothing voice, I knew Aiden didn't’t like strangers.

‘Hi Aiden, how are you? I’m Irina’, Irina said in also a soothing voice. Out of a sudden a huge grin was spread across Aiden’s face.

‘Hi. I’m fine’, he said in a high voice, which made me partly deaf. Irina smiled.

‘Come on Aiden, you’re heavy’, I said with a sigh and let him glide of off my back. With a little ‘thud’ he landed on the ground. He held my hand and looked with an angry face to my mother.

My mother was looking guilty to me. I quickly looked away and made some lemonade for my and Aiden. I concentrate on the water in the tap and tried to get out of the tap and put it in the glasses. But this time it wouldn't’t work. My mind couldn't’t find the water, whilst there was enough water. I frowned my eyebrows, and concentrated harder.

‘Something wrong Cas?’ I hear my mother ask behind me. I nodded.

‘I can’t feel the water’, I said nervous and turned around. My mother looked scared to me.

‘Your eyes Cas. They are brown’ I nodded, I already knew that, but that wasn't’t important, the major thing was that I couldn't’t feel the water around me anymore. She laid her hand on my forehead and jumped away.

‘You’re burning Cas’, she said soft. I moved my own hand to me neck and it really felt hot. Suddenly I felt warm, there was a bit of sweat on my upper lip and I quickly wiped it away.

What is wrong with me? I turned around and let the water flow out of the tap. I put my hands under the cold water and splashed it in my face. I could feel the cold spreading out, from my face, to my shoulders, my hands, my middle, my legs, and my feet.

I was cold again and it felt normal. I dried my face with the handkerchief and turned around. My mother gasped for air. Oh boy, what know?

‘Your eyes’, she said again.

‘Yeah I know, they’re brown’, I said irritated. Irina shook her head.

‘They aren't’t Cas. They are blue. Both of them’, she said astonished. I shook my head and walked to the hallway, because there was a mirror.

I looked in it and shocked, I took a step back. They really were blue. The most astonishing, ocean blue I ever had seen. Wait, they weren't’t all the way blue, they had a shade of green in them. They where amazing.

I walked back into the living room where everyone gazed at me.

Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, the third chapter. I hope this one does receive some comments.