Sooner Or Later

Gravesite

Clare-o: You skipped past all the important stuff, you know..the stuff that really matters. But that’s just like you isn’t it?

She typed back fast, hitting the keyboard. Ray must be jealous. He had a girlfriend yet he couldn’t handle Claire having a boyfriend. And it wasn’t like anything was happening or would happen with Frank.

Rayman: You cut yourself?! Why the fuck did you do that?! Fucking hell!!'

She realised he had re-read what she had written and felt anger boil up inside her as Rays harsh words cut into her.

Clare-o: Because of you! Because you're an arsehole! And Frank, he's my BOYFRIEND!

She bitterly typed back knowing it would piss him of and make him feel as bad as she did.
Claire turned the computer off and swivelled her chair around, only to find that Frank had been standing behind her. She fell of her chair with shock. Frank looked down at her with concern. He had seen what she had typed, he had seen everything. He reached his hand out to help her up but she dismissed it and struggled to her feet and unexpectedly Frank wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in.
"You did it over some guy." He whispered into her ear. She wanted hug him back, he was the only person that treated her like a princess, like she actually mattered, like he actually cared, but she was too stubborn and pushed him away.

* * *

Time passed quickly in the house that she and Frank shared. She had gotten used to the idea of being a vampire, though it had taken her some time to adjust. She spent the first few nights locked in her pretend room, refusing to let Frank in. She just wanted to be left alone with her thoughts.
Now, a month later, she had warmed to the idea of being nocturnal. Frank lived with her, and even though she didn’t find him as creepy, she still pushed him away. She knew he cared about her, which made her keep her distance from him even more.
There were nights when she thought about her family, her loving mother and father. Who admittedly weren’t always there for her but she missed them anyway. She wondered if they were looking for her, if they cared. She had emailed them telling them she was fine, that she loved them, telling them her situation but they had not replied. There was a part of her that longed to leave Frank and run home, but she was too scared and confused to try.
Left with nothing to do, she began to talk to Ray again. She had still agreed to go to his late night birthday party. Claire was going to take Frank with her; she knew it wouldn’t safe to go alone. But was a Vampire date worse than going to a stranger’s house?
The night before the party Frank came into Claire's room. He often went out at night and arrived home a few hours later. Claire didn't know why and hadn't asked him before.
"Where do you go?" She asked him trying to sound casual.
"Huh" Frank replied not expecting this question. "Where do I go? Uhh out."
"Yea I know that! But where?"
"To my mother’s grave, then to a farm..." Claire was surprised that he had just told her like that. If it was her, she would have kept it a secret, not wanting pity her mothers death. Then again she always was one to carry a burden on her own.
"Why to a farm?" She questioned him, forgetting about the life of a vampire and what they need to drink. She still had not had a blood lust. Probably because before she was a vampire she despised the taste of blood, it made her feel sick. Which was why she closed her eyes or looked away when she carved herself. But she didn’t mind the sight of blood, in fact she thought it was beautiful the way it ran, the richness in the colour and the thick but even texture. She could stare at blood for ages just watching it move.
"Uhh.." Frank was unsure how to answer her. He thought most people would find it obvious. "I go to... to drink their blood." He even put on a bit of an accent to sound like the vampires in movies. It dawned on Claire; she would have to do the same eventually.
"Ewww... will I have to... drink their blood?" she replied mimicking his fake accent.
"Most likely" he said with a slight laugh to his voice, "I don't know how you've held off for so long actually." Frank smiled at her. He wished all their nights went like this, he liked talking to Claire, and he hated how down she felt when she talked to Ray. He didn't understand why she bothered with Ray and why on earth the wanted to go to his stupid party.

Frank was jealous, he cared for Claire so much, he loved her yet she wasted her time talking to Ray who made her feel worthless.
He wanted her to be happy.
He wanted to be with her.
He wanted her to want him back even though he knew she never would, no matter how much he wished she would.
"Claire..." Frank began to ask, it was almost dawn now. "Why are you going to Ray's tonight?"
"What do you mean?"
"He makes you feel like shit... You're too good for him! Why do you bother with him? I...I love you Claire, I want you to be happy!" He didn't wait for an answer he just stormed off. His words came out angrier than he expected, he needed to get out. The sun was coming up but he left anyway, discarding the thought of his skin being torn off by the sun.
Claire was stunned; she was shocked you might say. She never would have expected Frank to say that. They had become good friends over the past month but she didn't expect him to feel like that. She didn't think anyone would feel that way about her. She hated herself, she felt like she didn't deserve his love and care and now he had gone into the sun and she guessed that it wasn’t a good thing.
She needed to find him; she needed to talk to him. Her thoughts about anything to do with Ray were discarded.
She put on her black jumper and jeans and her old worn out chucks aiming to cover herself up from the sun as much as she possibly could. She grabbed an umbrella and went out side to search for Frank. As she travelled down the deserted empty road she could feel the sun slowly burning her. If this was the painful effect of the sun while covered, she started to worry for Frank who had only been wearing Jeans and a t-shirt.
Claire knew the first place she was going to look. She headed straight to the graveyard. She had seen it further down the road on the nights she looked out her window and had always wished she could visiti it. As she approached his mother's grave she saw a curled up body lying in front of the tomb stone. She ran towards the body, knowing it was Frank. She reached down and grabbed him.
"Wake up!!" Claire screamed. A tear ran down her cheek and onto Frank, her mind was full of guilt.
"Frank please please please don't die! I need you" She stopped.
"I love you too" She whispered close to his ear. In a last desperate attempt she shook him once more and he moaned and moved his head a little. He was alive but weak. Claire pulled him in and gave him a huge hug than she used all her strength to pick him up so he could lean on her. She walked him over to the mausoleum where they could stay till dusk. When they got inside they both collapsed to the floor. Frank tried to talk but Claire shushed him; exhausted from the trip she closed her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was going to be longer but i've made it in to TWO chapters.