We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Mommy's Grouchy

“Todd,” I groaned once the baby’s cries woke me up. “Todd,” I mumbled out again, poking his bare chest.

He let out his own groan as he shifted around in bed. I didn’t want to get up! But Todd wasn’t budging, so I crawled out of bed and went over to Jayden’s crib that was in our room for the time being. After I changed him, I took him downstairs, trying to quiet him as I waited for his bottle to heat up. While I was gently bouncing him, I heard little footsteps coming down the stairs. I watched and saw Mason trudging down the stairs. I sent him a tired smile as he walked in, rubbing his eyes.

“Go back to bed, honey,” I told him once Jayden had his bottle.

“The baby woke me up,” he muttered.

“Aw, I’m sorry, Mase. Come on, I’ll put you back to bed,” I countered while guiding him to the stairs.

“Can I sleep with you and daddy tonight?” he asked through a yawn before we got to the door to Todd and I’s room.

“Of course, sweetie,” I smiled before we walked in.

I pulled the covers back and let him snuggle his way in. He curled his way over to Todd, making him stir just a little and then his eyes finally opened. Now he wakes up!

“Hey, bud,” Todd yawned at Mason.

“The baby woke me up,” Mason repeated.

“Aw,” Todd cooed cutely. “Mom looks tired,” Todd went on softly.

“I am. I have to work in the morning too,” I yawned.

“Give me the baby then,” Todd said holding his arms out.

“No, you go back to sleep,” I shot at me grumpily.

“Kylee, give me the baby,” he said more sternly.

“No, I got him,” I mumbled, looking down at my sleeping baby.

He let out a frustrated sigh before he climbed out of bed and walked over to my side and took Jayden away. I sighed laid in bed, watching Todd be so gentle with our little boy who’s just a little over a month old now.

Tomorrow was my first day back to work since I had him. For some reason, I was really stressed about it. Maybe it’s the lack of sleep I’ve been getting lately. Jayden and Mason are like opposites. Mason slept so well when he was a baby. Jayden gets up almost every two hours every night! The most sleep I’ve been getting is a whole three hours of sleep at a time. All I want is sleep!

“Come here, baby,” Todd softly said once he was back on his side.

Both Mason and I cuddled up to Todd’s big comforting arms. With Jayden in his other arm, Mason snuggled up onto his chest while his other arm snaked around me. As I rested my head on his shoulder, a heavy sigh escaped me.

“Go to sleep, sweetheart,” Todd said softly before leaving a soft kiss on the top of my head.

I didn’t want to. But I was so tired. Mason was already drifting off to la la land, making me relax a little more. But then Jayden started getting fussy again. Todd gently eased his way out from underneath Mason and I to gently bounce his little boy around the room. I smiled at this before my eyes got so heavy that I couldn’t keep them opened anymore.

I woke up in the morning to my alarm going crazy. I groaned and reached over to turn it off. I lay there, thinking of how badly I did not want to go into the office today. I just wanted to snuggle up to my hubby… that wasn’t next to me. With his spot on the bed cold, I got up and got ready for my day. Once I was finished, I went down stairs to find Todd in the kitchen. Mason was at the table eating breakfast and Todd had the baby while cleaning up.

“I’m going to have to start calling you super daddy,” I smiled as I walked over to him.

“Why aren’t you calling me that already?” he smirked after we shared a quick kiss.

“It’s too early for your cockiness, Todd,” I teased while getting in the fridge to get a Rockstar.

“I’m worried about your co-workers today,” he taunted right back.

“Shut up,” I shot at him.

“Mommy’s grouchy, Mase,” Todd smirked over at my son.

“She’s just tired,” he replied.

“See, Mason knows what’s going on with his mommy,” I smiled as I walked over and gave the top of his head a kiss. “What are you guys going to do today?” I went on to ask once I had caffeine in my system.

“Hang out with Josh. See what he’s doing while Kirstie’s at work,” Todd spoke up.

“Well, that sounds like fun,” I mumbled.

“Hey, Mason has to go see his wifey,” Todd grinned down at him.

“Yeah, mommy. I miss Emmie,” he replied, making me smile.

“Aw, I bet she misses you too,” I cooed while pinching his little cheeks.

They burned with a bright shade of red that made Todd and I share a laugh. After that little moment, I had to tell my babies goodbye and leave for work. I wanted to stay and have fun with them, but… I need to get back to work. I do kind of miss it. Who knows… maybe my first day back at work will be really fun. I’m not counting on it though.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love McFly... but I think it's even more cute when Harry sings Hero lol :D
Love me English boys lol

The Po-tterys

comment?