We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Josh Is Being Nice

“Kirstie,” Josh grinned brightly as he walked through the front door.

“How’d the meeting with Honda go?” I buzzed while getting up to go over to him.

“They have no intention of dropping me. They even signed me on for another two years!” He beamed.

“Oh my gosh, that’s amazing!” I squealed while throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him.

“Ah, Kirst, the shoulder,” Josh winced.

“I’m so sorry, I forgot,” I cringed while parting from him.

“That’s okay sweetie,” He smiled.

“I love you,” I cooed while kissing him.

“I love you too,” Josh replied before our lips met.

We spent a few minutes sharing kisses before we heard:

”MOMMY! MASON’S HERE!” Emma shouted.

“Their little relationship is beyond cute now,” I grinned.

“Yay! Jayden!” Christian squealed while our two kids ran to the door and let them in.

Immediately the four kids ran upstairs to the playroom to have fun while Tanner and Kylee walked in. They took a seat on the couch and Josh sat down across from them and patted his lap. I gently sat down and rested against his shoulder that wasn’t hurt.

“We have something to tell you,” Ky buzzed.

“I know that you guys were gone all weekend but I’m not sure if I want to know what you were doing,” Josh teased.

“Fine we won’t tell you what we did in Vegas,” She trailed off.

“Tell us!” I squealed.

”We got married!” Kylee shouted.

I was…. In shock right now. I seriously have no idea what to say. I didn’t think they would actually elope! I don’t know what to feel right now…..

“Kirstie?” Kylee asked. “I don’t like that look on your face. You don’t like it do you?”

“No, no. I’m happy for you guys, really I am,” I pushed out a fake smile.

“Good, I’m glad,” She smiled while getting up to hug me.

“Congratulations,” Josh grinned. “Good for you two.”

“Wow, Josh is actually being nice for once,” Ky smirked.

“My Joshie is very nice,” I cooed while kissing his cheek.

“He’s nice to you,” Tanner chuckled.

“I love him,” I smiled.

“And I love my husband too,” Kylee said while hugging onto him.

We all chatted for a few more hours before The Fousts went home. Emma and Christian came downstairs and wanted to watch Toy Story so I put it in for them while I went into the kitchen to start dinner.

I started boiling my noodles and started the sauce when I felt a warm arm snake around my waist. I turned my head and saw Josh standing next to me.

“Honey, are you okay? You seemed kind of upset when Kylee told us the news,” He started.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said through a little sigh that I hoped he didn’t hear but he did.

“No you’re not. You can’t lie to me,” Josh said through a little smile.

“Okay,” I sighed. “I’m a little upset over the wedding. Not that they got married just that they didn’t tell us.”

“Well that’s kind of the point of eloping, no one knows,” He stated.

“I know but I thought they might want us there or even tell us. Ky’s been my best friend for a long time and I guess…. I’m a little… hurt,” I softly said.

“Aw sweetie,” Josh cooed while pulling me into him with his good arm.

Josh held me while I let a few tears out. I won’t lie, I am a tiny bit hurt about this. I just thought we were close enough she would want us to be there or at least know about it. I probably shouldn’t let it affect me but… I did and I can’t seem to get rid of this feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
It is Josh isn't it?
Ky, you're too predictable!!!

comments?