We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Does Your Heart Feel Better?

“Kirst, why don’t you come to the track with me today?” Josh asked after we had finished up breakfast and I was putting the dishes in the sink.

“I don’t want to go by myself,” I sighed.

“But the kids will be there,” He persisted while resting his hands on my hips.

“They’ll be all excited and playing though,” I told him.

“Are you going to be alright? Want me to stay home?” Josh questioned.

“No, I want you to go ride,” I stated.

“Are you sure? I can stay here,” He told me with a smile.

“No, you need to go ride. I want you to go ride,” I replied while kissing him.

“Okay. If you need me just give me a call,” Josh grinned while hugging me tightly. “I love you honey.”

“Love you too,” I smiled.

Josh then went to say goodbye to the kids before leaving. Today is his first day back on the bike since his injury and yesterday was my little ’family get together’ that went oh so well. I’m still kind of upset over it but I’m trying not to be.

I played with the kids for a while until Kylee came bursting through the door, surprising me a bit.

“You doing ok?” Kylee questioned me once all the kids had dispersed to play.

“I guess,” I sighed out.

“I thought for sure you’d go with Josh today,” Ky said.

“I didn’t want to go by myself,” I shrugged it off.

“I’ll go with you. Do you still want to go?” She smiled.

“Um… sure,” I told her, wondering why she’s so excited. It’s probably just something that Tanner did that she thought was so adorable or something like that.

We got all the kids loaded up and went to the track Josh was at. The kids ran ahead of us the second we got them out and followed the sound of the bike. Kylee and I linked arms as we walked closer and as we did I heard Tanner’s voice and the bike stop.

When we finally had walked over there Tanner had a chef’s hat on, standing in front of a barbeque, cooking burgers and hot dogs. Josh was talking to my dad while Uncle Toby was sitting at a picnic table with Christian on his lap. Keegan was being tackled by Emma and Mason and Ky and Keegan’s parents were busy with Jayden.

“Oh my gosh,” I gasped.

Everyone there looked over at me and smiled.

“What is this?” I asked. “I have a feeling that everyone but me knows what’s going on.”

“It’s a party for you!” Mason shouted.

“For me?” I questioned while wrinkling up my eyebrows in confusion.

“We heard about your mom and step-sister,” Keegan softly spoke up.

“We wanted to have a little celebration to try to cheer you up,” Tanner smiled while coming over to me.

At that moment I started flat out bawling. I hugged Kylee tightly then through my blurred vision, looked at everyone else.

“This is so amazing you guys. Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me,” I choked out. “I love all you guys so much.”

Josh came over and draped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him and said, “We love you too honey.”

“All of us do love you, and we want you to know we’ll always be here for you,” Dad spoke up.

“Yeah whether you want us or not,” Uncle Toby chuckled.

I smiled and let out a little squeal before going over and hugging each and everyone there… then I went around and hugged them all again.

“Mommy, does your heart feel better?” Christian asked.

“It feels much better, thank you honey,” I smiled while kissing his head. “All of you guys made it better.”

I’m so lucky to have these people in my life. They’ve always been so good to me and they mean more to me than anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
now it's been like a week! hahaha. it's all about BTR now.... mostly Kendall.
i even changed my icon on polyvore from my Just Gorgeous josh one with his tongue sticking out to a screenshot from the Halfway There music video and it has Logan, Kendall, and James in it. oh thanks for making that Ky!
i may have to change it to that kendall one though..... hehee

Kirstie

comments?