Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 26

When I raised my head I wasn’t expecting to see who was in front of me. At first I thought he was a hallucination then he spoke and I knew that he wasn’t. “Congraduation sweetheart.” He said smiling at me.

“DADDY!!!” I yelled throwing my arms around him. Tears immediately started flowing down my face taking my makeup with it. I cried harder than I have so far in my life. “I missed you so much.” I cried between sobs.

“I missed you too.” He said. People started cheering and applauding as we made our way off the stage. I didn’t return to my seat for the rest of the ceremony, I just stayed with him and cried. Finally it was over and we were allowed to leave but everybody just hung outside in the school parking lot. While I was hugging my dad I heard Matt behind me. I turned to see him, the pack, the Cullens and General Worthington behind me.

“Olivia I would like to tell you that you have just been recorded for an episode of Coming Home.” Matt said.

“Wait…you’re not a reporter?” I asked.

“Nope, it was all a setup thanks to your friends and family.” He said gesturing to the Cullens, the pack and everyone.

“You all knew?” I asked. They nodded their heads and I started crying. “Thank you so much. This means a lot to me.” I said going around the circle and hugging everybody one by one.

“We’d like to stay but we really should get back to the studio and edit this so it can be shown.” Matt said. We all bid him good-bye and talked for a little while. People were signing yearbooks, taking pictures and everything.

“PARTY AT THE BEACH TONIGHT!!!!” Sam yelled making everyone cheer.

“Can the Cullens come?” I asked. Everyone was quiet for a minute so I looked at Sam. “Please. Their my other family too.” I said.

“Ok.” He said.

“Yes!” I yelled punching the air.

“We’d better get back. I’m sure Olivia is dying to show Kevin around.” Emily said. The Cullen’s headed to Forks until the party while everyone else headed home. My dad and I rode with Sam and Emily back to the house. I thought Sam and Emily were going to kill me for how much I was talking but they never said anything because they knew I was excited to see my dad.

“And this is the famous Uley/Young residence.” I said as we got out of Sam’s truck. I grabbed my dad’s hand and pulled him into the house. I took my cap and gown off then gave him the tour. When we got to my room I showed him everything. We soon headed back downstairs for a little while. “So…how’s Iraq?” I asked.

“Hot, dusty, dangerous…the normal.” He joked as we sat on the couch in the living room with Sam while Emily started getting things together.

“Opposite of La Push; cold, wet but it is dangerous.” I said. Sam growled which got my attention. When I looked at him and realized what I had said.

“What can be dangerous here?” my dad asked.

“Uh, there are bears here, the cliffs are pretty dangerous, getting in the boys’ way when Emily cooks…you know, the usual.” I said making him laugh. I looked at Sam who nodded and I sighed.

“So you’re liking it here huh?” dad asked.

“I love it. I think more than I loved Italy.” I answered.

“Does it have anything to do with the guy that was staring at you?” he asked.

“What boy?” I asked.

“Tall, tan, short cropped hair, I can’t remember his name.” He said. Sam and I started laughing. “What’s funny?” he asked.

“That doesn’t narrow it down dad. All the guys look alike.” I said.

“Oh ok, his dad was in a wheelchair.” He said. Jacob.

“Oh that’s Jacob Black.” I said.

“ Yes.” I blushed.

“So does it have anything to do with him?” he asked curiously.

“Well…I-I maybe.” I answered.

“Are you two dating?” he asked. I thought about it for a minute because he really hadn’t asked me out yet but it kinda seemed like we were.

“No, he hasn’t asked me out.” I answered kinda sadly. We moved on from that to talking about sports, well Sam and my dad talked I listened. I finally decided that I would help Emily out so she wouldn’t have to much to do. I helped her make hamburger patties, potato salad, fruit salad, coleslaw, and a few more things. “Thanks Em.” I said out of the blue.

“For what?” she asked.

“Bringing my dad home. I know it was your idea.” I responded. She sat the bowl down and gave me a hug.

“Your welcome dear.” She said giving me a squeeze. We finished doing everything that needed to be done for the party. “You better go up and change girl.” She said. I looked down and totally forgot that I was still in my dress I wore to graduation. I ran up to my room and changed into my bikini, short and tank top. Before I left I changed into tennis shoes. I noticed that my dad had changed out of his uniform and into regular clothes that he would be more comfortable in. “Is everyone ready?” Emily asked as we stood by the front door.

“I think so.” I said grabbing a few things as we all headed out to the car. We put everything in the trunk then got in and headed to the beach for the party that was bound to be exciting. My dad and Sam talked a lot on the way there while I just listened. Once we got there we got out and carried everything to the beach and started getting everything set up. Within the hour the beach was packed with seniors and their families dancing, eating, talking and just having a good time. My dad was bombarded with people thanking him for his service and everything, Sam and Emily were talking by the fire, Jared and Kim were walking down the beach hand in hand, the rest of the pack was tossing a football with some other seniors and the Cullens…they just got here. “Hey guys.” I said getting up from my seat and walking over to give them a hug.

“Hey Li-Li.” Emmett said calling me the nickname he had given me.

“How does it feel to finally graduate high school?” Carlisle asked.

“Fantastic. I’m glad I don’t have to go for a while.” I smiled. I talked to them for a while before Carlisle, Esme, and Jasper wandered off to talk to my dad. Jasper was no doubt talking about the war. I eventually lost interest in the conversation that Alice and Edward were having and started looking around the beach. Paul was making out with some girl, Jared and Kim had disappeared, and I couldn’t find Jake anywhere. “Have you guys seen Jake?” I asked.

“Um no.” Alice said.

“I’ll be back.” I said walking over to Sam and Emily. “Hey, have you guys seen Jake?” I asked them.

“No…not in a while.” Sam said. I started asking around to see if anyone had seen him. “Hey…have you seen Jake?” I asked Kim who was straddling Jared.

“Um…I saw him go that way about five minutes ago.” She said pointing into the woods.

“Thanks Kimmie…you guys should get a room.” I laughed before walking in the direction she had pointed to. “Jake?” I said into the dark trees. The sounds from the party got quieter and quieter the further I walked into them. “Jake?” I said again. I heard a twig snap behind me and jumped out of my skin.

“Yes?” he asked.

“JACOB BLACK YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!” I yelled slapping his arm lightly.

“Sorry.” He laughed.

“Where have you been?” I asked trying to see him but it was to dark.

“Around.” He answered instantly.

“Oh, well I’ve been looking for you forever.” I said taking a step closer to him. He remained silent as I placed my hand on his chest. “You ok?” I asked.

“Yea, just thinking.” He replied.

“Penny for your thoughts?” I asked making him laugh.

“Nothing really…I’m just nervous about talking to your dad.” He said.

“Nervous?? Why would you be nervous?” I asked confused.

“You’re his daughter…and I like you…and he could kill me in more ways then I can think of.” He said nervously.

“Jake the likelihood of my dad killing you is…well he wont.” I laughed.

“It’s not funny. I’ve never been this nervous before.” He said pacing in front of me.

“Jake…what do you have to talk to my dad about that’s got you so nervous?” I asked as he stopped pacing in front of me.

“Nothing you need to know about.” He said with a smart-ass tone.

“Oh really? Well you’re mean.” I said.

“Yes I am. Now lets get back to the party.” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me back toward the party. Once my feet hit the sand I started dancing my way back to where my dad was with Jake following behind me.

“Daddy…Jake wants to talk to you.” I said walking away quickly before Jake could kill me. Hope everything goes OK.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chap is kinda...boring. I still hope you all enjoy it.