Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 27

~Jake's P.O.V~
I watched as Olivia quickly walked away after telling her dad that I wanted to talk to him which I wasn't prepared for at all. I heard someone clear their throat and I turned to face Mr. Waterman. "What do you need Jake?" he asked politely.

"I...I um...Uh I was wondering i-if I could um talk to you in private." I said nervously. He nodded and politely excused himself from the circle of adults. We walked down the beach; his arms behind his back, mine nervously at my side with clammy hands.

"Why so nervous Jacob?" he asked. I looked at the sand then straight ahead of me.

"I was wondering...if I could um have permission to date." I said quickly looking at him and stopping.

"Don't you think you should ask your father that and not me?" he asked with a snicker. I thought about what I said and realized that my words didn't come out like I hoped.

"I meant...May I have your permission to date Olivia?" I asked correcting my words. I sucked in a breath as he looked down the beach then back at me, arms still behind his back.

"Is that why your nervous?" he asked smiling.

"Yes, sir." I said quietly.

"Relax Jacob." he said placing a hand on my shoulder. I exhaled deeply and did as he said. "You want my honest answer?" he asked. *Uh-oh*

"Yes, sir." I replied.

"First call me Kevin, and second...You coming up to me shows that you have respect for Olivia and myself, I've seen how you are around her and how you make her happy. I give you my permission to date her, but remember...she's my little girl, hurt her and well good luck. She will hurt you more than you will hurt her." he said with a laugh.

"I promise I will never do anything to hurt her S-Kevin." I replied.

"I appreciate you asking me. Most boys now and days aren't like that." he said.

"I just wanna see her happy." I said.

"Thank you Jacob." he said sticking his hand out in front of me. I looked down and placed my hand in his.

"No, thank you." I replied. We headed back toward the party in silence, me probably grinning like a complete idiot but I was just so happy that her father approves of me. Kevin returned back to the adults while I walked over to Olivia who was dancing next to the fire with Kim, Embry and Seth. I wrapped my arms around her waste and picked her up giving her a little scare.

~Olivia's P.O.V~
I occasionally would look down the shoreline to where my dad and Jake were standing wondering what they where talking about. "OH MY GO- OLIVIA DANCE WITH ME!!! I LOVE THIS SONG!!" Kim yelled grabbing my arm and started dragging me toward the fire. We started singing and dancing to the song, Embry and Seth joined us. "Billy is sooo hot!!" she said over the music.

"Oh my gosh I know." I agreed. As we continued dancing I felt warm arms wrap around my waist and lift me up scaring me. "OH MY GOD!!" I screamed. I looked up to see a smiling Jake.

"Sorry babe, didn't mean to scare you." he smiled putting me down.

"It's OK, how'd it go with my dad?" I asked making him smile bigger. "Why are you smiling like that? It's creeping me out." I said looking up at him.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy." he smiled.

"So it went well I guess?" I questioned. He nodded his head. "What did you talk about?" I asked. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the dancing group. He turned to me and got down on one know. "OH MY GOD YOUR NOT PROPOSING ARE YOU!?" I yelled. "WE HAVEN'T EVEN DATED YET!" I screamed getting several peoples attention. He sighed and stood up then collided his lips to mine. I was kinda taken about not really expecting it so before I could respond he pulled away. I just looked up at him with my lips still pursed out.

"Sorry...it was the only way I could get you to shut up.' he smiled. "Now...before I was interrupted, to answer your question no I'm not proposing. I was going to ask if you would officially be my girlfriend?" he said looking me in the eyes. I heard some peoples 'awes' and several other noises. I looked and noticed that several people including the entire pack, my dad, Billy and Sue looking at us. I heard someone growl and looked to see Paul shaking. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the handsome guy in front of me. "Olivia?" he asked.

"Oh sorry, yes I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled. He planted his lips in mine and wrapped his arms around my waist as I placed mine around his neck. He soon ended the kiss and spun me around.

"I love you Olivia." he smiled.

"I love you too." I replied pulling him down to me again.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe it. Now we can go on double dates." Kim squealed walking over to us and pulling me into a hug.

"Kimmie...give them some alone time." Jared said pulling her away. A pout clearly playing on her facial features. A silent howl was heard in the distance and the entire pack glanced at each other.

"Be safe. " I said.

"Always babe. I'll meet you at the house later." he said.

"OK." I said as he bent down and gave me a kiss before turning and following after the pack. I walked over to Kim and link my arm with hers and let out a sigh. "How'd we get so lucky?" I asked.

"Fate." she replied. I smiled and pulled her toward Emily, Billy, my dad and Sue. After another hour or so the graduates all started saying bye to each other and headed home. The rest of us started picking up the trash, put out the fire and everything.

"Olivia." My dad's voice called as I picked up the empty cups and put them into a black trash bag.

"Yes daddy?" I asked.

"Come here." he said. I handed the bag to Kim and jogged over to him. "I wanted to talk to you about something." he said wrapping his arm over my should.

"Is everything ok?" I asked concerned. "Are you ok?" I panicked.

"Yes everything is fine and yes I'm ok." he replied. I let out a sigh and wrapped my arm around his waist. NO nothing romantic...he's my father for crying out loud.

"Good." I replied smiling. We remained quiet for a while. "I'm glad your home dad." I said looking up at him. I felt him suck in a deep breath and sigh.

"I'm not home Olivia." he responded making me stop dead in my tracks.

"Wha-what?" I asked looking at him.

"This was only a leave. I leave tomorrow." he said. Tears started to flood my eyes.

"What do you mean you leave tomorrow?" I asked choking back tears.

"I was only granted permission to come for your graduation then I have to leave." he whispered. So many emotions flooded through me at that point. I was sad because he would be going back to risk his life, I was scared because I was gonna lose him again and I was mad because nobody had told me and because he came back for one day knowing how I would feel. The most dominate emotion was anger.

"Why did you come then if you knew you were staying for a day...not even a full day? You knew how I would react. Why did you have to come back? I got my hopes up that you were home for good and that we could finally start doing things together. I thought that you were safe." I said angrily as tears fell down my face. For once in my life he was silent. My dad has always had something to say, always had a comment or remark. We stood there for a few minutes looking at each other while I silently cried.

"I'm sorry baby girl." he whispered.

"I wish you had never joined the Marines. I hate you for leaving me all the time!" I yelled. "You have missed out on so much of my life and I've missed so much with you. I could stand here and list off everything we've missed dad but I'm pretty sure you can think of them on the way back. I HATE YOU!!" I yelled before turning and running back to Sam and Emily's. As I ran tears fell from my eyes and sobs escaped my lips. I ran all the way back without stopping until I got to the front door to unlock it. Once inside I ran up to my room and jumped on my bed only to bury my head in my pillow and cry. I instantly regretted saying I hated him but it was how I felt. I of course don't hate him but I just hate what the Marine's has caused him to miss of my life. But not all of it was bad, yes he missed alot but I got to do things I never thought were possible for a girl my age. Soon after I heard the front door open followed by Emily and my dad's voice. Emily was telling him that everything would be fine, dad said he felt horrible for everything then dismissed himself. I heard his heavy boots banging on the steps as he walked up them and stop in front of my door. The knob twisted and I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. He saw me and sighed before turning and walking to the guest room. Once his door closed I got up slowly and changed into my pajamas and washed my face before climbing back into bed and officially going to bed.