Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 36

I stayed in bed the entire day waiting for the General to show up to tell me the awful news. Everyone came to check on me every thirty minutes to make sure I was still breathing. I had prepared myself for the news so when he wouldn't tell me it wouldn't hurt as much. As I layed in bed facing my window watching the suns rays shine in through my lace curtain I heard a car pull onto the gravel driveway. My heart took off like I had just run a marathon. I didn't move. As the car door opened and slammed shut my bedroom door opened. "Olivia." Emily's voice softly called from my door way.

"Yea?" I whispered.

"I think you should come down." she said. I laid there for a few more seconds before slowly removing my blanket off of me and sliding out of bed. Emily wrapped her arm around my shoulder and guided me downstairs. As we made it to the bottom of the stairs the entire pack, Kim, Sue, Billy and even the Cullens were there which was shocking. General Worthington walked through the front door and my heart stopped. Out of the corner of my eye I saw everyone smiling. Why the hell were they smiling? My father is de- Before I could finish the thought the door opened again and General Worthington stepped out of the way of the newcomer. My blood left my face, my heart stopped, I couldn't breathe. Then with a burst of hair a loud sob broke through my lips and I rushed forward colliding with my father.

"DADDY!!!" I yelled crying into his shoulder as he lifted me into the air. I cried harder than I had in years. I could hear Emily, Kim, Sue and even Leah crying behind me. I'm sure if the Cullens could they would be crying too.

"Honey why are you crying so hard?" My dad asked.

"Be-be-because I-I thought y-y-you wer-were De-dead!" I wailed. I felt him squeeze me tightly to him.

"Well I'm not. I'm just fine." he said trying to get me to calm down. We eventually moved to the back porch where Sam, Carlisle, Esme, and Emily prepared food for a cookout. I didn't leave my dad's arms. I was afraid that I would wake up from some kind of dream and he would really be dead. I finally stopped crying long enough to regain myself. I dried my eyes, blew my nose on some tissue that Paul handed me and composed myself. "Better?" dad asked.

"For now." I replied.

"Good, because I have more news." he said.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Well...I've been in the service for a long time, I've missed so much of your life and you've sacrificed alot since you were born." I looked at him confused waiting for him to continue. "I've decided to retire." he said. My mouth fell open and I heard several people laugh.

"Wha-? Seriously?" I asked shocked.

"Yep, I'm home...for good this time." he said. A smile jumped to my face and I jolted into the air and started cheering before I hugged him to me.

"THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!" I yelled pulling away from him.

"Sorry everyone had to keep it a surprise from you. I wanted it to be a surprise so I told them not to tell you." General Worthington said.

"It's OK. I just wish they would've at least told me he was OK. I spent four and a half hour thinking you were dead." I whispered looking at my dad. "I'm glad you're home." I smiled giving him a hug. As the hours went by we all ate, listened to music, sang karaoke, dance, and laughed. General Worthington had to leave early because something happened on the Twenty-Nine Palms Base which required his assistance. As the guys built a fire in the backyard, I sat with Billy, Sue and Jake talking to them while my dad talked to everyone else.

"So Olivia, how have you been?" Billy asked.

"Pretty good I guess. How have you been? I heard you were sick a few days ago."

"I'm better. No little bug will keep me down." he said making me smile.

"That's why you whined like a baby." Sue and Jake said at the same time making me bust out laughing.

"I did not whine." Billy said.

"Oh yes you did Billy." Sue retorted. I slipped into my own thoughts looking around at everyone. I started thinking about different things when suddenly...

"OH MY GOSH!!!" I yelled grabbing everyone's attention.

"WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED? ARE YOU OK?" questions started flying at me.

"Where are we gonna stay?" I asked looking at my dad. Everyone sighed and started laughing.

"We can look for a place tomorrow. Sam and Emily agreed that I could stay with them as long as I wanted and you are welcome to stay as long as you want too." Dad said.

"Oh, OK." I replied. I walked to the trash can and threw my plate away. I decided to talk to the Cullens for a while since I haven't talked to them in a while. "Hey guys." I smiled standing in front of them.

"Hey." they all replied.

"Um...I'm really sorry for how I acted the other day when I came up. I didn't mean to. It's just that when it has something to do with me or my dad I get nervous or whatever." I explained.

"It's OK Olivia." Alice said walking over to me and gave me a hug. Soon I was squished by seven vampires.

"Can't...breath." I gasped. Soon they let me go and I sucked in a deep breath. When they let me go I noticed a familiar song playing over the speakers. I looked at my dad and smiled. He nodded his head and we started dancing.

Boom Clap Boom de Clap de Clap
Boom Boom Clap Boom de Clap de Clap
Boom Boom Clap Boom de Clap de Clap
Boom Boom Clap Boom de Clap de Clap
Try it with me, here we go

Boom Boom Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap
(Whoah oh oh)
(That's right)
Boom Boom Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap
(Whoah oh oh)
Boom Boom Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap
Boom Boom Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap

1,2,3 Everybody come on off your feet
I'm gonna tell you about a beat
That's gonna make you move your feet

I'll give the BBQ
Show and tell you how to move
If you're five or eighty-two
This is something you can do

Pop it, lock itk, polka dot it
Country fivi'n, hip hop it
Put your hawk in the sky
Move side to side
Jump to the left, stick it, glide

Zig zag cross the floor
Shuffle in diagonal
When the drums hit hand on your hips
One footed 180 twist

And then a zig zag, step, slide
Leaning left, clap three times
Shake it out, head to toe
Throw it all together, that's how we roll

Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Throw it all together, that's how we roll

We get to four, five, six
And you're feeling busted
But it's not time to quit
Practice makes you perfect

Pop it, lock itk, polka dot it
Country fivi'n, hip hop it
Put your hawk in the sky
Move side to side
Jump to the left, stick it, glide
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/h/hannah-montana-lyrics/hoedown-throwdown-lyrics.html]

Zig zag cross the floor
Shuffle in diagonal
When the drums hit hand on your hips
One footed 180 twist

And then a zig zag, step, slide
Leaning left, clap three times
Shake it out, head to toe
Throw it all together, that's how we roll

Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Throw it all together, that's how we roll

Boom de Clap de Clap, Boom Boom Clap
Come on, here we go!
Boom Boom Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap
Boom Boom Clap, Boom de Clap

Pop it, lock itk, polka dot it
Country fivi'n, hip hop it
Put your hawk in the sky
Move side to side
Jump to the left, stick it, glide

Zig zag cross the floor
Shuffle in diagonal
When the drums hit hand on your hips
One footed 180 twist

And then a zig zag, step, slide
Leaning left, clap three times
Shake it out, head to toe
Throw it all together, that's how we roll

Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Throw it all together, that's how we roll

Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Do the Hoedown (Throwdown)
Throw it all together, that's how we roll

Boom de Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap
Boom de Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap
Boom de Clap, Boom de Clap de Clap
Throw it all together, that's how we roll

When we finished everyone started clapping and cheering. After an hour we all settled around the fire and started taking turns telling scary stories. I ended up falling asleep between Jake and dad.