Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 6

“Olivia.” A voice whispered somewhere close to my head.

“Mhmm.” I moaned rolling over drifting back to sleep.

“Olivia.” The voice called louder this time.

“Wha?” I mumbled.

“OLIVIA!!!” the voice yelled. I shot up out of bed and screamed. As I jumped up I was a lot closer to the edge of the bed than I thought I was so I ended up falling out of bed and onto the floor. My eyes opened and I sat up.

“Ow.” I whined rubbing my elbow since that is what I landed on. I heard a boom of laughter coming from my doorway. As I turned I saw the entire gang standing there laughing including Paul and Jake. I felt my face grow warm. “What do you guys want and how did you get in my house?” I asked getting up of the floor and picking up my blanket and pillow.

“One of the soldiers knows where you hide your extra key and let us in.” Embry said.

“Ok so what ARE you guys doing here?” I asked fixing my clothes that I still had on from yesterday.

“Oh you have a phone call…it’s your dad.” Emily said. I looked at them and rushed out of my room with them laughing from behind me. I got to the front door and slid my monkey house slippers on >.<

“LIVIA, WAIT UP!!” Kim laughed as I ran out the door and down the street toward General Worthington’s office. I heard them running behind me as I dashed down the streets, through a few empty lots and across the landing strip. As I got to the office buildings my left slipper fell off but I kept running. I ran in and ran to his office where he was on the phone.

“Ahhh...Olivia, good morning dear.” He smiled at me as I bent over trying to catch my breath. A few seconds later the gang walked in huffing and puffing trying to get their breath too.

“Geez you sure can run.” Quil laughed. I smiled at him as I finally regained my breathing.

“I think you lost something on the way here.” Jake said. He pulled his hand out from behind his back and revealed my other slipper.

“Oh thank you.” I smiled at him and took it then put it on my foot. I turned back to General Worthington who still had the phone to his ear. “Is that dad?” I whispered. He nodded his head.

“I think trouble wants to talk to you.” He paused. “Very well, here she is.” He said removing the phone from his ear and handing it to me.

“Hey daddy.” I smiled sitting in the chair in front of his desk.

“Hey pumpkin, how is everyone? Are you having fun with them?” he asked.

“I’m having so much fun and they are good. Paul, Jake and Embry keep picking on me about my height but that’s just because they are freaks of nature who are like twelve feet tall.” I laughed looking at them as they made fake hurtful faces.

“That’s great sweetie, what’s this I hear that you wanna go to La Push with them?” he asked.

“Uh yeah...I’ve been having such a great time with them and everything that I don’t want it to end so soon since I’ve become so close to them. Emily and Sam invited me to stay with them if you said yes since im only seventeen.” I said playing with the cord.

“Honey I know how much you like having them around and I know you enjoy the company but I don’t feel safe letting you leave the base.” He said.

“But General Worthington said that he will have a couple soldiers from the base there check on me every other week, also I do know every karate, jujitsu, tae kwon do and martial arts move there is, plus not to mention the guys…are BUILT. Not as big as you but they can handle stuff. Please daddy…I’ve never lived off a military base. I wanna go to a public school, eat school lunches, makes friends that I can talk to in person, and so much more.” I said frantically. I really wanted to go and I was willing to pull the daddy’s little girl card if I had too. There was a pause on the other end. “Please, please, please, please. PLEASE DADDY!!!” I said using my daddy’s little girl voice. I heard the gang snicker causing me to look at them.

“Put the general on.” He said.

“He wants to talk to you.” I said handing over the phone. He put it up to his ear and my legs started bouncing up and down which was a nervous habit of mine.

“Of course.” He said. Pause. “Every other week.” He replied to something my dad asked. Pause. “Of course. I will let her know.” He said then hung up. He had his back to me while he was talking on the phone so when he hung up he slowly turned around. I looked up at him and he had an expression on his face that I had never seen before. “Olivia, I think it would be best…” he started but paused. “if you pack your stuff up. You’re going to La Push with them.” He said smiling. I jumped out of my seat and started to do my dance I did when I got overly excited. Kim squealed and I hugged her as we jumped up and down.

“Oh wait…that means the plane leaves in just a few hours.” I said.

“Yeah so I would advise you go get packed and quickly.” General Worthington said. I nodded and started to headed out the door with the gang but I stopped short, turned around and ran to give him a hug.

“Thanks for doing this.” I smiled up at him.

“No problem sweetheart.” He said. “Now go.” He said. I giggled before turning and walking out with the gang. We all ran back to our areas and got ready. Kim and Emily were already packed so they helped me pack up my stuff. Finally three suit cases, two large boxes and several laughs and jokes later everything I was going to take with me was packed, loaded on the plane with the help of General Worthington and waiting for us to show up. We still had about an hour before we left so I decided to take a quick show.

“What’s the weather gonna be like?” I asked trying to decide what to wear.

“Uh hold on…I will call Billy.” Emily said taking out her cell and walking out of the room.

“I can’t believe you’re coming home with us. It’s going to be a great school year.” Kim said smiling at me as she folded my blanket.

“I know…I’m so nervous. I mean it feels like a dream to me.” I smiled at her. Before she could answer Emily walked back into the room.

“Billy said that it’s pretty chilly and it’s been raining on and off all morning so be prepared for that.” She said.

“Ok, I will be out in a few.” I replied walking across the hall to the bathroom. I stripped out of my pajamas then turned on the water; warm but mostly cold. I’ve always like the cold water for some reason. I did everything that I needed to do then got out. I pulled a towel out of the cabinet next to the sink and wrapped it around my body then walked out into the cool hallway then made my way over to the bedroom to get dressed. When I finished I brushed my hair and let it air dry so it would become wavy. I grabbed my carry on bag then walked out into the living room where Kim and Emily were waiting.

“Ready?” Emily asked.

“Ready for school, ready for a new life in a new place, ready for…a fresh start.” I smiled.

“What about love? You seem to be ready for everything but that.” Kim said as they stood up and walked over to me.

“I’ll let you know if and when that happens.” I said. I opened the front door and stepped out of my house for the last time. Yes it would always be there but this would be the last time I would be in it for a while…maybe. They closed and locked the door then headed to the location the plane was waiting for us. They talked on the way there but I just looked around one last time at everything. When we turned the corner I saw every single person who was on the base standing by the plane. I knew all of them, I’ve communicated with them, I’ve babysat some of the little ones that lived on the base, I’ve eaten with them and so much more. They were like my second family. The first person we came to was General Worthington and his wife.

“You ready for your trip?” Mrs. Worthington asked.

“Yes. I’m so excited but I am going to miss you guys.” I frowned.

“No worries dear. There is always a place for you here.” Mrs. Worthington smiled. I walked forward and gave her a hug.

“Thank you for everything.” I said giving her a small squeeze.

“You’re very welcome dear.” She returned the squeeze.

“General. You don’t know what it means to me that you talked him into it.” I smiled at him.

“No need to thank me.” He said opening his arms. I walked into them and gave him a hug. After a few minutes I ended up walking down an aisle created by the soldiers. They were giving me shirts, hoodies, buttons, pictures, bags, cups, EVERYTHING. But I already had all that but I still took it. I got to Sam and Randy. Sam looked at me and started to cry. I wrapped her up in a hug and tried to calm her down.

“Sammy…it’s ok. It’s not like you’re never going to see me again.” I said.

“I know.” She said. We let go of each other and I moved onto Randy.

“Take care of her you hear me?” I asked.

“Yes ma’am.” He laughed.

“I’ll see you guys soon.” I said turning to walk away. I walked to the steps of the plane then walked up a few of them. Before I walked on I turned around to face all two thousand, six hundred and fifteen soldiers, eighty seven workers, five hundred staff members, Mrs. Worthington and General Worthington. I raised my hand and put it at the base of my eye brow to salute them. Every single soldier and General Worthington copied me and we saluted each other. I turned back around and walked on the plane. It wasn’t like a private jet but it wasn’t like a commercial plane either. It was kinda in between but was only used for military personnel only. It was bullet proof, could only be tracked by certain airports and it was used to ship military weapons, uniforms, and other items overseas every now and them. It could carry up to two hundred passengers at a time and their luggage. The gang and I were kinda hitching a ride to Port Angeles International since that was where they left their cars. As I walked through the aisle I sat in between Jake and Paul. As I took my seat I looked out the window that was on the other side of Paul. As I looked out I saw everyone waving. I thought about waving back but I knew they wouldn’t be able to see me. A few minutes later the door closed and we were getting ready to take off. *This is it* I thought as I fastened my seatbelt. The pilot came over the loud speaker and talked for a minute then everyone outside started to walk away for safety. When they were out of harm’s way we started to roll down the tarmac and headed toward Washington. I couldn’t believe this was really actually happening. I was so happy that I felt like I was about to cry but then I realized…I was. I felt two warm hands on both of mine. I looked at them realizing Jake and Paul both were holding my hands. I smiled up at them and gave their hands a little squeeze to let them know I was ok. Once we were at the exact height we were able to move around. Jake, Paul, Quil and Embry started talking while I put my headphones in my ears and fell into my own world soon after I drifted off.
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
I woke up to my head bumping up against something hard. I realized I still had my head phones in so I reached up and pulled them out then opened my eyes. When I looked around shock washed over me like a bucket of water, we were no longer on the plane. Instead I was sitting in a truck between Sam and Emily driving down a road surrounded by trees. “Whoa…how did we get in a truck?” I asked extremely confused. Cause I mean, I was only out for like what…twenty minutes?

“Oh, evening sleepy head.” Emily smiled.

“Uh evening…how did I get in this truck?” I asked looking around.

“Sam carried you. When we got to the airport you wouldn’t wake up for nothing so Sam carried you to the truck and here we are.” She explained.

“Wow…I’ve never been able to sleep on a plane before.” I said looking out the front window. “Where are we?” I asked.

“Just outside of Forks and La Push.” Sam said turning his head to look at me.

“What time is it?”

“Just after three.” Emily answered.

“I’ve was out for 5 hours? Wow, that’s crazy.” I smiled. “Where is everyone else?” I asked looking around.

“Let’s see; Kim, Seth, and Paul got a ride from Jared while Jake, Embry and Quil rode together in Jake’s car. Jared is in front of us while Jake is behind.” Sam said. As we turned around a bend I saw a blueish green van in front of us so I turned around and saw a little red Volkswagen rabbit behind us. I couldn’t help but laugh when I thought about the three of them squished together in the tiny car. I saw the three of them waving so I quickly waved back and smiled before turning back around to look out the front window.

“So how much longer till we arrive to our destination?” I asked looking at the trees. I loved nature but there wasn’t a lot of it in California since we were surrounded by hills and desert but when we traveled I always wanted to explore mountain ranges, flowery gardens and etc.

“A few…more…seconds.” Sam said turning on his turn signal and pulling into a dirt drive way. We pulled up to a small cottage looking house. It was beautiful. Surrounded by trees, green grass all around, the wooden porch leading to the glass front door. Sam pulled the truck to a halt and Emily slowly climbed out. I scooted over to the edge of the seat and inhaled before I hopped out. As my feet made contact with the ground my legs became numb and the gave out on me sending me to the ground landing on my knees.

“Whoa there…you ok?” Emily asked helping me up.

“Yeah…ha-ha my legs are asleep.” I laughed leaning up against the side of the truck. “Ow…they tingle.” I laughed. She joined in with my laughter as i finally regained feeling in them and stopped laughing.

“Better?” she asked. I nodded my head and smiled. “Ok then. Let’s get inside so we can show you your room. Just a little heads up, it’s not much because we didn’t expect to have anyone else living with us but we used it as a guest room when we had family over or if the guess stayed but it’s your room now.” She said as we walked into the warm house. I looked around and smiled. It was so homey and comfortable. There were tons of native American artifacts on the walls, tons of pictures. Emily stood at my side till the phone started to ring. “Oh be right back.” She smiled before walking to the kitchen to answer it. I took this opportunity to look around and get acquainted with everything. I looked at all the books, movies, pictures and knick knacks that they had sitting on shelves. I smiled at everything.

“Ok, I put everything in your new room so you can unpack and get situated.” Sam said walking into the living room. I turned my attention from the dvd collection to him.

“Thank you so much Sam. You have no idea how grateful I am that you and Emily would let me come here…a girl you barely even know really.” I smiled and walked over to him.

“It’s no problem kiddo. It’s our pleasure.” He smiled back.

“Jake just got back to Billy’s and the guys made it home ok too.” Emily said joining us in the living room.

“That’s great. Now are you ready to see your room?” Sam asked. I eagerly nodded my head and followed them up the stairs to the second floor. They led me down the small hallway to a door that was by the hallway window. “Ok the bathroom is down the hall, our room is across from it and this right here,” Sam started as he reached for the knob and opened the door. “Is your room.” He finished. He stepped aside and let me walk in to take a look. It was perfect. Just the right size for me but I really didn’t need much space to make me happy.

“So…what do you think?” Emily asked wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

“Its…absolutely perfect. I know I’ve said this a lot but seriously thank you guys…so much.” I smiled turning to give Emily a hug. Sam walked up and wrapped both of his arms around both of us. After we broke apart we fell into a silence which didn’t last long.

“Well we will let you unpack and get organized while we get our stuff unpacked. Also I should have dinner done around five or five-thirty.” Emily smiled.

“Ok, thanks again.” I smiled before the walked out of the room.

“No problem dear.” She said closing the door and following Sam. I was alone. In my new room. I smiled to myself and flopped on the bed with a sigh. I laid there just thinking for a little bit before I started unpacking my stuff and putting it where I thought it would look good. There was already a dresser and a computer desk in there so I set up my laptop, iHome, and all that stuff up on my desk and plugged it all in then I put my clothes in the dresser or in the closet. After all that I was done I put my blankets and pillows in their place, hung the curtains I brought with me then hung up a few posters so the walls didn’t look boring. After everything was done I sat on my bed and admired my new room. Perfect. I pulled out my cell phone to text Kim and let her know I was settled.

‘that’s gr8…cnt wait 2 c wat u did 2 the room n.n’

‘I didn’t do much…just hung some posters, put my clothes away & that’s about it’

‘oh, well the guys and I will b over n a few min…c u soon’

‘ok’ I put my phone on charge and walked downstairs into the kitchen where Emily was standing at the stove making dinner. “Hey Em, need any help?” I asked leaning on the counter.

“No thank you…it’s just about done and the boys should be here any second.” She said stirring whatever was in the pot. “I hope you like pasta.” She smiled turning to me.

“Mhmm…my favorite.” I smiled at her. Just then I heard loud voices coming from the back door.

“Boys are here.” She said quickly opening the oven and pulling out the garlic bread. I watched as the all started to file in but they looked different. They were all in cutoff jeans and no shirts. It was freezing outside and raining.

“Are you guys nuts?” I asked turning to face them.

“What do you mean?” Seth asked.

“It’s definitely like thirty degrees outside and it’s pouring down rain and you’re wearing cutoff jeans and no shirts.” I said looking at them.

“Oh well we’re used to it.” Quil replied.

“Foods done.” Emily said rushing past me as the guys rushed to the table. “Ahhh…ladies first you pigs.” She said smacking their hands. I smiled and made my way over to the food to make myself a plate. When I finished I quickly moved out of the way before I got knocked over by the boys. Once out of the way they dug in not leaving a single noodle left in the bowl. “Good thing I put up a plate for Kim and Sam.” Emily said standing next to me.

“Seriously.” I laughed. Since there was no room at the table Emily and I decided to go to the living room and eat. A few minutes later the front door opened and slammed shut.

“Sorry!” Kim’s voice echoed through the first floor. I turned in my seat to see that she was clearly upset about something. I stood up and carried my food to the counter and sat it down.

“Kim what’s wrong?” I asked.

“My mom and I got into a fight.” She sighed running a hand through her loose locks.

“About what?” Jared asked getting up from his seat to comfort his girlfriend.

“I don’t know. I walked through the door after Jared dropped me off and she started yelling at me. I think she might have been drunk.” She said.

“Hate when parents wanna fight over something you don’t even know about.” I said walking over to the microwave to get her plate.

“Thanks.” She said taking it from my hands. I gave her a quick hug before she sat on Jared’s lap at the table. When I turned to the counter to grab my plate…I was gone.

“WHO TOOK MY PLATE!?” I asked looking at the boys. It’s not that I was hungry much but still, it was really good and I wanted to finish it. They didn’t answer me, they just sat there with their heads in their plates eating.

“Olivia do you want me to make you something else?” Emily asked walking out of the living room with her empty plate.

“Nah, I’m good.” I answered. “I’m gonna go explore a little, is that ok?” I asked. Suddenly the boys stiffened and looked at me. Seconds later there was a loud howl coming from the woods in the backyard.

“Why don’t you do that tomorrow? It’s raining out and it’s getting late.” Emily said.

“Ok.” I smiled at her. “I’m gonna go email General Worthington to let him know we made it here ok.” I said turning to walk up the stairs. When I got up to my room and closed the door I heard the guys’ chairs scrape against the floor, running and the back door open and slam shut. I moved to my window just in time to see the guys running through the backyard and into the woods. “What are they doing?” I said to myself. Suddenly Jake turned around and looked at me before disappearing into the woods. I let go of my curtain with a sigh allowing it to fall back into place. I walked over to my desk and started up my laptop then brought up the internet so I could email him and my dad. I told them about how I slept most of the way, I told them about my room, what La Push is like; well what I’ve seen so far, I told them about dinner and said that I missed them then sent the emails to the two. I signed out of my email and went to Facebook to check out my stuff there. I updated my status, ‘Finally off the base. In La Push for idk how long. Hopefully for a while it’s absolutely gorgeous here. Nervous about starting public high school in August, hopefully it goes ok.’ I didn’t have much to do on there so when I finished I signed out and turned off my laptop, grabbed my iPod and walked downstairs.

“Olivia?” Emily asked from the kitchen.

“I’m gonna sit on the porch and listen to my music. Where’d Kim go?” I asked looking around.

“Her mom called and said that she needed to get home.” She answered.

“Oh…I didn’t even hear her leave.” I shrugged.

“She said to see you tomorrow.” She said scrubbing the pot the spaghetti was in.

“Do you need help with that?” I asked sitting my iPod on the counter.

“I’m pretty much done, just gotta finish this and the silverware but thanks.” She smiled at me.

“Ok, but you’re gonna have to let me help sometime or I will feel like a freeloader.” I said nudging her.

“Ok, I will.” She said. I smiled at her before grabbing my iPod and walked out the backdoor and sat in the rocking chair. Before I put my headphones in I kept hearing twigs snapping from the woods.

*Sam* ~Seth~ (Quil) ‘Jake’ Paul Embry JARED [while shifted, not in human form]
~Jake’s P.O.V~
‘what’s up Sam’ I asked as soon as I shifted.

*Cullens want to talk to us*

~About what?~

*I’m not sure, but let’s just get to the treaty line* he said. We ran to the treaty line to meet up with them. We stopped just at the edge of the trees and shifted back then put our cutoffs on.

‘Cullen’ I said stepping out from the trees. A familiar scent hit me and I looked over to see Bella sitting on a rock on the other side of the river. “Hey Bells.” I smiled at her.

“Hey Jake, how was Cali??” she asked.

“Hot.” I replied making her laugh.

“Anyways…what’s this about? Did you find a scent?” Sam asked.

“No, we haven’t found anything since a few weeks ago.” Dr. Fang replied.

“Then why are you wasting our time?” Paul asked obviously bored.

“I had a vision, about a girl.” The pixie looking one replied.

“What girl?” Seth asked.

“I’m not sure. I didn’t hear her name but from what I saw she was extremely familiar and she was coming here. Did anyone come back with you from California?” she asked.

“I don’t see why any of that concerns you.” I responded thinking of Olivia.

“Olivia Waterman is the girl that came back with you?” Edward asked in shock. I heard several of them gasp.

“Wait! Yo-you know Olivia?” Sam asked.

“We met four years ago in Italy. Then ran into each other again in Maine. How is she?” the pixie asked.

“She doesn’t concern you.” I growled thinking my imprint actually knew these blood suckers.

“He imprinted on her.” Edward said reading my thoughts.

“Stay out of my head leech.” I growled.

“He’s not the only one either.” Paul said. I looked at him and growled. She was mine and not his.

“Wait…both of you imprinted on her?” the mother asked.

“Yeah, it’s a long story.” Sam answered. I heard Edward sigh and looked at him. He was standing next to Bella who was clearly upset. My facial expression relaxed as I sighed.

“Why don’t you just break the imprint now so you can continue to chase her away?” Paul snarled at me. I turned and glared at him then started to shake.

“Why don’t you break it huh? You know as soon as you try to get in her pants she will reject you then you will leave her.” I snarled back.

“GUYS!!! This isn’t the place.” Sam said using his alpha tone. I turned my head away from him and looked at the ground. “We’ll continue this conversation some other time. Until then, thank you for watching over La Push while we were gone.” He said thanking the Cullens.

“No problem.” Dr. Fang answered before he and his family took off except Edward and Bella. He was trying to get her to move but she resisted.

“I wanna hang with Jake for a little while.” I heard her say. I turned to Sam who nodded his head giving me the ok to go over there. The guys left and I jumped across the gap next to Bella. Edward kissed her for a few seconds while I rolled my eyes and then he left. “Hey Jake.” She said standing up.

“Hey Bells. Let’s go.” I said leading her through the woods toward her house.

~Olivia’s P.O.V~
It was starting to get dark and my eyes were getting heavy as I sat in the chair rocking back and forth listening to my music. The way the air smelled of the trees, grass, the waves crashing against the rocks and rain, just seemed to relax me. Before I knew it the rocking had stopped and I was falling asleep.

I don’t know how long I was out but what seemed like seconds later I felt a warm hand brush against my cheek making me turn my head into it. “Mmm.” I moaned at the warmth. I heard a deep laugh and opened my eyes. I looked around and realized it was pitch black outside except for the light coming from inside the house. I looked at the person the hand belonged to and smiled when I saw Paul. “Hey.” I said rubbing my eyes.

“Hey.” He replied with a smiled.

“What’s up?” I asked smiling back.

“Not much…just admiring the scene.” He replied.

“Well the view is out there.” I said turning his head toward the back yard. After I let his face go he turned it back to me.

“I beg to differ.” He replied.

“Oooh…smooth.” I laughed. I heard his deep laugh and smiled even wider. “What are you doing here so late?” I asked curiously.

“Wanted to see you.” He responded.

“Oh.” I smiled.

“What are you doing out here so late, don’t you now there are wild animals out here?” he asked.

“I don’t think they would hurt me with you here.” I said making him smile.

“You’re right…plus I would never let anything happen to you.” He replied.

“Awwww…you’re so sweet.” I laughed touching my heart.

“Shut up.” He teased poking my side through the side of the chair. I jumped and squealed making him do it again.

“Paul.” I laughed as he started to tickle me. I started to try and wiggle away from him but it only caused me to slide out of the chair and onto the porch where he climbed on top of me and tickled me. “P-Paul, p-ple-please!!” I laughed.

“Tell me you love me.” He said slowing down on the tickling to give me a chance to say it.

“Fi-Fine, I-I lo-love you!!” I laughed. He stopped tickling me but kept his hands on my side. I looked up at him as little random giggles escaped my lips. He slide next to me and laid on his back looking up at the roof. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of the sky which was black with white little dots. I had never seen so many stars in my entire life. “Whoa.” I whispered.

“What?” he asked curiously. I smiled at him as an idea flashed in my head.

“Be right back.” I jumped up and ran into the house passed a confused Emily and up to my room where I grabbed a blanket then ran back down.

“Hey where’s the fire?” she asked. I stopped and looked at her.

“Oh, sorry. I’m gonna lay in the back yard and look up at the stars. I’ve never seen so many before.” I smiled at her before walking through the back door to find Paul sitting on the edge with his legs hanging off.

“What’s with the blanket?” He asked confused.

“You’ll see, come on.” I said jerking my head to the side signaling him to follow. I walked to the very middle of the yard and laid the blanket out then sat on it. “Come on.” I said patting the spot next to me. He smiled then sat next to me and laid down. I laid next to him with my head on his arms looking up at the stars. I can’t even describe the emotion I felt when I looked up at them. It was like someone took a black piece of paper and covered it with splatters of white paint, it just took my breath away it was so beautiful. “Hey Paul.” I whispered not wanting to break the silence in the world around us.

“Hey Olivia.” He whispered back.

“Can I tell you something?” I asked.

“Sure.” He replied.

“I know that we just met in person for the first time a few days ago but I’ve REALLY liked you for like five or six years.” I whispered so quietly that I didn’t think he heard me.

“I’ve liked you too for a long time. What about Jake? You like him to right?” he asked. I didn’t answer because I felt embarrassed that he knew I liked him and Jake without even saying anything. “It’s ok to like two people at the same time.” He whispered.

“Well like I explained back on the base…I have different feelings for both of you.” I said looking up at him through the darkness of the night.

“I know…but you just have to follow your heart and decided who you like more and who you think you would wanna be with. I know Jake likes you too even though he doesn’t show it, it’s nearly impossible for any one of us two to stay away from you and like you.” He said. I looked at him confused and rolled over onto my stomach and laid my head on his chest.

“What do you mean?” I asked. He had an expression on his face like he said something he shouldn’t have and was thinking of what to say.

“I mean just that your fun to be around, your funny, entertaining, always have something to talk about and more.” He quickly said. “Who wouldn’t wanna be around someone like that?”

“Jake.” I answered. “He is just like that freakin Katy Perry song Hot & Cold. One minute he is kissing me then he is ignoring me, then he is telling me how he feels then he is back to being rude.” I sighed turning my head toward the woods as a sudden feeling of being watched him me.

“Even though I can’t stand him most of the time I can say that he’s had a hard time lately with this Bella chick playing with his head.” He said.

“What about you?” I asked. He looked down at me confused for a sec. “Have you ever had a hard time with girls?” I asked.

“I am right now.” He sighed as his left hand came up and brush my hair from my face that the wind had blown. The warmth of his touch made me close my eyes. When I opened then it wasn’t till then I had realized how close I was to his face. Close enough that it I puckered my lips that would touch his chin. Suddenly out of the blue he wrapped his right arm around my waist and pulled me up to him while his left one slid to the back of my neck pulling my head down causing out lips to smash together. I rested my hands on his chest and gripped his shirt. His tongue slid across my bottom lip making my heart jump but I didn’t open. He squeezed my side making me gasp and him take advantage of that. Our tongues fought for dominance for a while till I gave up and let him win. Things were starting to heat up as he flipped us over and ended up on top of me. He balanced himself on his right elbow while his left hand rubbed my side. I wrapped my arms around his neck and grabbed his hair. Suddenly I heard a twig snap just a few feet away from us making me pull away and look. Through the darkness I saw a figure walk out of the woods towards us and it looked like it was shaking.

“Paul.” I whined kinda scared. He stood up and pulled me along with him.

“Jake you need to calm down.” Paul gave a warning tone.

“Get your hands off MY imprint.” Jake snarled. *WTF is an imprint and why is he shaking like that?* I thought to myself. At the words MY imprint Paul started to shake under my hand that was on his back.

“She may be your imprint but she is also MINE.” Paul growled. Then I heard the back door open and slam shut.

“GUYS THAT’S ENOUGH!!!” Sam yelled as he ran over to us. The guys started to shake even more the longer they stood there looking at each other. “Olivia go back to the house please.” Sam said gently grabbing my arms and pulling me away from the two shaking boys. I grabbed my blanket and obeyed seeing as how I didn’t want to cause any more trouble. I slowly backed away toward the house as I watched them through the darkness. My eyes had adjusted to the darkness a while ago so I was able see what happened next. Suddenly where Jake had been standing a LARGE wolf busted out of him. Then the same thing happened to Paul.

“AHHH!!!! OH MY GOD!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. I had never screamed that loud before. It was a scream of shock or a scream of surprise…it was a scream or terror. I stumbled backwards towards the house and fell on my butt. The screen door opened and closed then I felt cold hands on my arms. I jumped and looked up to see Emily standing there.

“Come on sweetie.” She said helping me up. I looked away from her to where the guys were but…they were gone. I quickly stood up and ran into the house. I was so scared that I didn’t know what to say, what to do or even what to think. Emily was trying to talk to me but I couldn’t really hear her so I walked straight up to my room, changed into my pajamas and climbed in bed without a single thought running around in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to post. took me a while to come up with ideas for this chapter but the part when olivia and Paul are looking up at the stars was inspired by a movie i saw a few days ago.