Status: Complete.

Listen to the Thunder

Your eyes are the brightest of all the colours.

When Alex woke up the next morning, he looked me straight in the eyes.

“I think it would be best if I move all my stuff out of here,” Alex announced softly.

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

“My t-shirts, my jeans, my boxers, my socks, my books…and anything else I’ve left lying around. I think…I think it’s best for us to have a clean break, if we’re going to be able to heal quickly and get back to being best friends,” Alex explained.

“Oh, um, I guess you’re right. Do you want me to help?” I asked.

Alex shook his head. “No, I think this is something I should do alone,”

I didn’t question it and, after having a shower and getting dressed into jeans and a t-shirt, I just sat in the living area, reading a Theory book while I waited. I’ve got to give Alex his space right now, I know that. About half-way through Alex moving his stuff out, Matt arrived back in the flat. He took one look at me on the sofa and one look at Alex carrying a pile of clothes out the door, and came and sat down next to me.

“You made your decision, didn’t you?” Matt asked.

“Yeah, I did. Alex said he knew deep down that I’d choose Kyle in the end,” I sighed.

“Really?” Matt said, surprised.

I nodded. “Mm. He said it’s going to take him a little while to get used to things again, but that he’s still my best friend,”

“That’s good of him,” Matt smiled.

“He’s going to try a relationship with Caleb,” I said softly, chewing my bottom lip.

“Your ginger friend from back home?!” Matt gasped.

“Yeah, our friend that Alex made-out with. The one that’s caused us a few fights. The one that I grew up next to,” I mumbled.

Matt stared at me for a few seconds. “You’re not too happy with this, are you?”

“Alex and Caleb? No. But if Alex can get used to Kyle and I, then I can get used to Alex and Caleb. I want him to be happy, after all,” I said as cheerfully as I could.

“Is Alex okay about you and Kyle getting back together then?” Matt asked.

“I don’t know. Probably not, but I know that I love Kyle more than I love Alex. Not that I’ve told Kyle any of this, but still,” I sighed.

“You haven’t told Kyle?!” Matt yelped.

“No?” I offered.

“What the fuck are you still doing here then?! You should go to Kyle!” Matt urged.

“Why are you pushing this?” I frowned.

“Kyle has caused you so much stress and heartache, in some form or another, and now that the two of you are free to be happy together again, you shouldn’t waste any time! There are only two weeks left of the semester, after all,” Matt said simply.

I chewed my bottom lip. Maybe Matt’s right. Maybe I should go and talk to Kyle. But what if after all of this, Kyle doesn’t want me back? What if he realised after his near-suicide attempt that he doesn’t want me back after all? What will I have then?

“Hey, Jack? I think that’s everything,”

I broke out of my thoughts to see Alex standing in the doorway, hands in his pockets. Matt walked down to his bedroom as I got off the sofa and walked over to Alex, leaving us alone. I didn’t hesitate to throw my arms around Alex, making him chuckle softly before hugging me back.

“What’s wrong, Jackalope?” Alex asked, raising an eyebrow as I pulled away.

“What if Kyle doesn’t want me back?” I asked quietly, not looking him in the eyes.

Alex cupped my face with his hands, making me look at him.

“Firstly, if you’re even thinking that, you’re mad. Secondly, everyone knows how much Kyle loves you, so there’s no doubt that he’d take you back. Thirdly, you two are meant to be together,” Alex reassured.

“But what if…”

“No, Jack,” Alex interrupted, “No buts. Go to him. Go to Kyle and tell him you want him back. I’m going to call Caleb as soon as I get back to my dorm, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t call Kyle to see if he’s awake. And as soon as he’s awake, go over there. We both know you want to,”

I laughed weakly, running my hand through my hair. “Caleb’s a lucky guy,”

“So is Kyle. Now go and call him,” Alex winked.

I nodded, making Alex smile. He leant up and pressed a soft kiss to my lips before walking away. I sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket, dialling the number I know so well.

Kyle: H-Hello? Jacky?
Jack: Did I wake you?
Kyle: Maybe, but I don’t care. Are you okay?
Jack: I think I could be.
Kyle: What?
Jack: Can I come over?

Kyle hesitated for a second or two.

Kyle: Give me ten minutes to shower. Is everything okay?
Jack: Yeah, I just need to talk to you about something/
Kyle: Alright, I’ll see you soon.

Kyle ended the call. I chewed my bottom lip as I slid my phone back into my jeans, not liking how my hands were shaking slightly. It’s just Kyle. My Kyle. Fuck, I hope he takes me back. But what if he doesn’t? I guess I’ll find out in ten minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are only two chapters left now :(
I will be starting a Jack/Zack story after this, and I'll put the link up in the next update!
Get your feedback in while you can! I really appreciate it =]
xo