Status: Complete.

Listen to the Thunder

I'm holding on to something.

Tonight Alex, Matt and Danny were dragging me to a dorm party on the other side of campus. I don’t particularly want to go because I haven’t been in a partying/drinking/socialising mood since November, but Alex persuaded me with a blowjob and the promise of more later. Damn him and his perfect mouth.

“If I hate it, I’m leaving,” I warned.

“We’ll make sure you won’t hate it,” Danny promised.

“Good luck with that,” I muttered.

Alex sighed and stopped me, holding my hands. Danny and Matt took the hint and kept walking. They’ll wait for us before they go into the party.

“Are you going to be an ass all night?” Alex asked seriously, “because if you are, tell me now. I don’t want to worry about dealing with your shit when we could be having fun,”

I chewed my bottom lip, avoiding his eyes. I don’t mean to make him upset. I just…I don’t want to party and get drunk when I know that the last times I did was when I watched Kyle cheating on me. I know Alex would never do that to me, but it’s the memories that hurt.

“No, I’m not. I’m sorry, Lex,” I mumbled.

Alex raised a hand to cup my cheek, brushing his thumb over my cheek.

“It’s okay, baby. I just want the old you back, y’know? I miss my crazy-ass immature-as-fuck best friend,” Alex mused.

“He’s here somewhere, I promise. I miss the old me too,” I said sadly.

Alex smiled sadly too, and pressed a slow kiss to my lips before dropping the hand from my cheek, leaving just one hand linked together.

“Let’s go have some fun tonight, yeah? Just relax and enjoy yourself. We don’t have to go crazy. Let’s just have a good night,” Alex said softly.

I found myself nodding without even thinking.

“Yeah, I’d like that,” I said shyly.

Alex grinned and kissed me again. I could spend all night just attached to his lips, and I’d be happy. He’s such a fucking great kisser. But eventually Alex pulled away and we walked down the path, catching up with Danny and Matt outside the apparent building. I recognise this building. Huh. I followed Matt up to the party, just chatting to my friends, until I realised why I recognised this building as I was met with a sight I didn’t want to see. Of course, the party is on Kyle and Nick’s floor, and they’re here.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I groaned.

“What?” Alex frowned, being the only one that heard me.

“They’re here,” I hissed.

Alex looked where I was looking, and sighed. “Ignore them. We were invited, we have every right to be here. Fuck them. We’re here to have a good night, remember?” Alex said firmly.

He’s right. Why should I let Kyle and Nick ruin my night? Why should Kyle ruin the time I spend with Alex?

“Yeah, you’re right. Let’s go get a beer,” I nodded.

“Alright!” Alex whooped, Danny and Matt whooping too.

2 hours later, we were all pretty buzzed. By pretty buzzed, I’m amazed Danny can stand up, and Matt isn’t far behind him. I’m still only tipsy, but that’s because I’m easing myself back into the party scene. I want to get back to the old me. For Alex, if not for myself. And I’m definitely not drunk enough not to notice Kyle and Nick arguing. I’m sitting sideways on the couch, so while I’m facing Alex and he’s talking to Danny and Matt, I can see them to my left. I can’t hear what they’re saying but Kyle looks close to tears and Nick is yelling while waving his arms in the air. My first instinct is to run over there and step in front of Kyle, defending him, but I know I can’t. As Kyle’s bottom lip started to tremble, the urge to help Kyle only grew, a pang of hurt running through me as a tear ran down Kyle’s cheek. Why isn’t he just walking away? Why isn’t he standing up for himself like I know he can? What kind of hold does Nick have over him?

It was when Nick grabbed Kyle by the chin and crashed their lips together. Kyle wasn’t replying, and even looked like he was struggling to get away, but Nick only gripped his chin harder. That’s going to leave a bruise. How dare he? How dare he hurt Kyle?! I was about to go over to Kyle and Nick, and tell Nick not to grip Kyle so hard, when Kyle started kissing back. Of course, he likes it rough. How could I be so stupid to think that Kyle would need my help? How could I even contemplate going over to them after all they did to me? How could I…

“Jackalope? Are you in there?”

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned my head back to my friends, who were all looking at me with frown on their faces. Shit.

“Dude, what’s wrong?” Matt asked, confused.

“Nothing. Fucking nothing. I’m getting another drink,” I muttered.

Without waiting for them to reply, I got up and walked away. Fuck getting a drink. I’m going to need at least three.

*

[Alex]

I sighed as Jack stormed off, and looked in the direction he’d been staring in, which only made me sigh harder. Kyle and Nick kissing, wrapped in each others arms and obvious tongues down each other’s throats. Of course.

“Uh, what was that about?” Danny asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked back at Danny and Matt, and flashed a weak smile at them.

“Just Kyle problems,” I explained.

“Shit, still?” Danny groaned.

“Where is he? I’ll kick his ass,” Matt growled.

“No, don’t. That would only upset Jack more,” I insisted.

Matt just scowled a little more and folded his arms over his chest. I really should just let him go and beat Kyle up – we all know Kyle deserves it. But, even though it’s twisted, Jack would be just as distraught if Kyle was attacked as he is right now. So I can’t let Matt hurt him. I need to make them understand this.

“Did Jack ever tell you how he and Kyle got together?” I asked.

Both Matt and Danny shook their heads. Go figure.

“Well, I’ll give you the shortened version. Kyle liked Jack as soon as they met on the first day of freshman year. Jack realised he liked Kyle about half-way through Sophomore year. When Jack finally got the balls to tell Kyle how he felt at the start of Junior year, Kyle started dating a guy call John O’Callaghan, better known as John Oh for his whorish ways. John is Kyle’s best friend’s older brother’s best friend, so Kyle and John were always around us. Jack didn’t tell anyone until the summer of Junior year, and this is when all the drama started. Kyle cheated on John with Jack at a party mid-way through that summer,”

“WHAT?!” Matt shrieked.

“Calm down,” I hissed, glancing over my shoulder to see if Kyle noticed.

Kyle wasn’t looking our way and he wasn't kissing Nick anymore, but he looked miserable, Nick now obviously flirting with that Halvo kid right in front of him. Why does he put up with that shit?

“So Kyle cheated on John with Jack, and then cheated on Jack too?” Danny asked, shock on his face.

“Yeah, that’s why Jack’s still so upset about all this. He always knew Kyle had it in him, but he thought Kyle loved him. They both loved each other for so long, although they had a lot of arguments about John, including one over Kyle being jealous of John’s new boyfriend just because John was getting sex and Kyle wasn’t. Kyle is so innocent and naïve in everyday life, but as soon as sex is in the equation, he becomes a different person. It breaks Jack’s heart every time he sees them together,”

“How can you stand Jack being in love with Kyle still?” Danny asked quietly.

“I can’t, not really. But I know Jack loves me. And I know he would never cheat because he knows what it’s like to be cheated on. We’re good together, and we’re best friends, so I try not to think about Kyle ever coming back into his life,” I said with a weak smile.

“I wouldn’t be able to do it, dude. You’ve got like, the patience of a saint,” Matt sighed.

“Mm, that and the body of a God,” I said, wriggling my eyebrows.

“What, Buddha?” Danny shot back, smirking.

My jaw dropped slightly, but I couldn’t help but laugh as Danny and Matt high-fived.

“You guys are mean!” I pouted.

“Aww babe, what have our nasty dorm mates done now?” Jack teased, sitting down next to me.

Hmm…eyes slightly unfocussed and a distinct smell of sambuca…Jack’s been doing shots. Well at least he’ll be horny later if he’s not throwing up!

“They said I have a Buddha body,” I whined.

“You, my sexy boyfriend, are far from Buddha. In fact I think we should show our friends just how great a body you have,” Jack grinned.

Next thing I know I’m flat on my back and Jack is straddling my waist, kissing me frantically as he pushes my t-shirt up.

“WOAH! Okay, I’m going!” Matt said quickly, standing up.

“I second that,” Danny agreed, standing up too.

As soon as the two of them left us, Jack broke away from my lips, giggling like mad.

“Hey,” he said happily.

“Hey,” I smiled up at him.

At least he’s in a better mood now.

“I’m sorry for being a bitch just now,” Jack apologised, as if reading my mind.

“It’s okay, Jack. I understand. Are you okay now though?” I frowned.

Jack ground his hips down on mine a few times, that wicked grin slipping back onto his lips as I groaned loudly. Asshole.

“I would say I am,” Jack nodded, getting off me.

H-He’s not going to continue? But I was starting to get hard! I sat up quickly with a scowl on my face, readjusting my t-shirt.

“You’re a dick,” I muttered.

“Mm, and you love my dick. If you’re a good boy, you’ll get it filling your ass tonight. If you’re a really good boy, I’ll even suck yours too,” Jack said shamelessly.

I blushed as even more blood flooded downwards.

“And if I’m not a good boy?” I managed to choke.

Jack smirked and leant down to my ear level.

“Cock ring, blindfold, handcuffs and a ball gag in your mouth,” Jack whispered.

I shuddered, imagining the frustration and desperation that would bring, although I’m tempted to make him punish me anyway. Then Jack giggled and pecked my cheek, before standing up.

“There are drinking games going on over by the kitchen area. Are you coming?” Jack asked, holding out his hand.

As if I would want to be anywhere else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jack's trying to get back to the old him...
But will that work?
Will he be able to keep himself away from Kyle?

So yes, a long wait since the last chapter.
But I'm back at Uni now, so the updates should be back to normal!

Thank you to everyone that commented on the last chapter. You have no idea how much I appreciate your feedback!

Keep.Me.Guessing
cameron liddell;
LorenElizabethxoxo
Nytestalker
KELLYBARAKAT
swwamy
dinosaursgorawr
revengefulvampire
BOOM!roasted.
ElyRae
Deanna Dangerous

xo