Status: The epilogue is up and posted. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Blue Moon

Hidden Surprises

I woke early the next morning at dawn. I got out of bed and went to my closet to change into a dress. I changed into a light green dress with a white ribbon that ties around the waist. I didn't care if my mother whipped me more later or had some one beat me because I know I didn't deserve it. I wanted to leave before she got up. I got up and quiet went downstairs and out the door. The horse was still there and I wasn't in a hurry this morning so I just had the horse do a low trot to Mr. Donner's house. When I arrived I gently climbed off the horse and decided to go around the back of the house to the stables. I started walking noticing that no lights were on in Mr. Donner's house so no one was up yet.

I looked around for Will because I didn't know where he would be. I reached the guest house and knocked a couple times but he didn't answer. I walked down to the stables and looked around. I didn't see him but I looked in the stalls to see if maybe he was in one. I got to the last stall and stopped in my tracks. I found Will but he was, well em..nude? I never thought about how he would be after transforming back. I've never really scene to many boys shirtless even because well I didn't get around per say but holy mother of god, he was really handsome. That work did him good,. I gulped down my hormones and reached over and grabbed a blanket used for the horses and opened the stall. I knelt down next his sleeping figure, covered him up, and shook him awake. He grunted and opened his eyes.

He flickered his eyes to me groggily,”What?” he asked. Apparently he took no notice to the fact that he was practically naked in front of me.

“I told you I would be back first thing in the morning,” I said smiling. I sat down next to him and it was nicely cushioned from all the clean hay he probably put down yesterday.

“I didn't think you were being literal about it,” he said turning his head towards me.

My eyes widened at his face,”Will what happened to your face?!” I said loudly.

“I have no idea but I can definitely feel it,” he said rubbing his eyes.

“You don't remember?” I asked.

He gave me a look,”Oh right you can't remember,” I said.

“How bad does it look?” he asked.

He had a purplish bruise along his cheek bone with a nice gash under it. “It's pretty bad,” I said honestly.

“Great,” he said closing his eyes again. I sighed and leaned my head against his shoulder. We stayed quiet for a minute.“I saw you last night you know,” I said suddenly.

“Did you?” he asked tiredly.

“Yes you were on the edge of the woods on the other side of the field,” I said.

“Did I scare you again?” he asked. “No actually it let me know that you were okay, in theory,” I said.

”You seriously need to stop worrying so much,” he said with sleep lacing his voice. “I get it from my father, he worried about everything and everyone for no reason,” I said. He didn't respond and soon I heard Wills even breathing next to me. I grew tired again and was comfortable in the hay. I fell asleep with no worries.

I felt someone shaking me from my sleep. I woke and rubbed my eyes and looked around. The sun was high in the sky now and I knew I've been asleep for a couple of hours. I looked over and saw Will sitting against the wall staring in to space, dressed now I might add.

I got up and stretched a little before sitting back down. “I should probably get home before my mother sends out a missing person report or not, I don't think she'll do that,” I said.

“You mean she didn't know that you were here at all?” Will asked. I shook my head no. “I would have never let you stay last night or even this morning if I knew that!” he said groaning in irritation.

“Will you can't protect me on this! It's my decision to pay the price,” I said.

“Not for me it isn't,” he said.

“Will you just have to deal with it, even if you don't want to,” I said getting up.

He sighed,”Well how are you going to get back?” he asked getting up with me expectantly.

I paused for a second,“Horseback,” I said simply.

“Your killing me Eliza,” he said running his hand over his face.

“I'll see you later Will,” I said smiling at him.

He only sighed as I walked out of the stall. I turned around,”Make sure to put ice on that,” I said pointing to his face. He rolled his eyes and I saw him plop back down. I smiled and walked towards the front of the house. I was walking out of the stables when I ran into someone. I looked up and my eyes went wide. “Mr. Donner,” I said casually.

“Oh Elizabeth, what brings you here...down by the stables,” he said confused.

“I promised Will I'd come and check on him this morning,” I said.

“Ah how nice of you,” he said. I only smiled,”Poor boy goes through it alone. I've scene a change in him recently, he seems more cheerful,” he said musing.

“That's great,” I said.

“I just came to how he was because I always give him the day off after a full moon. The transformation takes a lot out of him,” he said.

“What do you mean?” I asked curious.

“The transformation literally breaks him and it takes a toll on him over time. His body won't be able to keep up with the breaking bones and the physical and mental anguish. Therefore the curse will eventually kill him.” he said quietly.

I swallowed back the lump in my throat,”Isn't there a cure or something?” I asked trying to cover my sudden sadness.

”I'm afraid not dear,” he said disappointed.

“How much longer does he have?” I asked nonchalantly.

“It could be next month to years and years from now.” he said.

“I-I..had no idea,” I said shaking my head.

“Will is very private about the curse itself. I'm surprised you know some much,” he said.

“Yes me to...” I said trailing off. “If you'll excuse me, I have to get back home,” I said.

“Goodbye dear, nice talking with you,” he said.

I gave a faint smile and continued to he front. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks, as I kept wiping them away in frustration. I reached the front and untied the horse and climbed on. I galloped back to the house hoping the wind will just make the tears disappear in the air.

I arrived and the house as some storm clouds rolled in. I stumbled off the horse and tied it up, looking at the sky. I opened the door and closed it behind me, leaning against it. I just stared at the stairs and the house. What happened to my life? It use to be so simple, now though my mother is on the brink of disowning me, I have a wonderful man in my life, and I'm close to being in love with the other. I just want to start over.

“Elizabeth!” shrieked my mother.

I jumped a little and snapped my head in her direction and I gulped in fear. I've never scene her so livid before.

“Where were you?! You think you can just leave the house, sneak out?! You stupid girl!” she said coming up to me and slapping me right across the face, busting my lip.

I grabbed my cheek instinctively, as a the metallic taste of blood grazed my mouth. “Sine when are you concerned with where I am or how I am?” I retorted.

“I don't but if people saw you running around town, people would talk,” she said furious.

I rolled my eyes,”Go ahead mother disown me! I don't care anymore!” I yelled in her face and started towards the stairs. She glared at me and grabbed my arm roughly, dragging to the kitchen. I resisted and tried to get out of her grip.

“Let go of me!” I yelled at her.

She roughly pushed my away and I hit the counter. I gritted my teeth in pain, my lashes were still sensitive. She went through the draws and rummaged around. I stood there unsure of what to do, do I run or stay? I was about to run when she turned around with a beef tenderizer in her hand. It wasn't the small dainty ones either, it was the big one, with the longer, sharper spikes on it. I sucked in a breath, hoping she wasn't going to do what I thought she was going to do with it, beat me.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Giving you what you deserve, maybe beat the sense into you” she said. I gripped the counter and tried to find a way around her but I was cornered. All of a sudden she swung the tenderizer down onto my hand on the counter and I screamed in pain. I heard a small pop and I could feel the blood seeping through my skin. I cradled it in pain with tears swelling in my eyes. She swung it again before I could do anything and hit my shoulder square on. I yelled out again and fell to my knees. I cried and felt the blood gushing out of the fresh wounds.

“Eliza?!” I heard Emily yell.

“Stay out of this or your next,”sneered my mother to Emily. Emily narrowed her eyes and stomped towards my mother. She came right up to her and slapped her clean across her face. My mother pushed her, dropping the tenderizer. Emily started to fight her off,”Eliza run!” she yelled at me.

Doing as she said I got up and ran as fast as I could to the door, leaving a trail of blood behind me. I went over and untied the horse and scrambled to get on the it with one hand. I barely got on the horse when I kicked it to go. It took off and I hung on for dear life, running towards the only safe place in my mind, Mr. Donner's.

Thunder and lightning penetrated the sky, as rain came down in sheets as I finally arrived and the horse skidded to a stop, making me almost fall off. Tears blinded my eyes as I half fell off the horse and loosely walked to the front door. I was soaked to the core as I pounded on the door excessively, wanting someone to answer it. The door swung open to reveal a very concerned looking Mr. Donner. “Elizabeth, dear! What happened?!” he asked worried as he helped me inside.

“My-my mother,” I cried.

“What about her?” he asked.

“She beat me,” I cried again.

“Beat you?!” he asked seriously.

I nodded my head,”With..a...meat...tenderizer,” I got out in between sobs.

“I didn't think she would do such a thing!” he proclaimed.

I wanted to tell him everything but sobs were to heavy to talk.

“I must do something at once,” he said. “I don't want to leave you alone dear, you look horrid,” he said backtracking.“Ben is out on business still..” he said thinking out loud. “I'll have Will watch you dear just hold on,” he said frantically, rushing away.

Oh god anyone but Will, I could already see him throwing a fit about this. I also still wasn't over what Mr. Donner told me an hour or two ago. I shivered both from being soaked and from crying. I felt a blanket go around me as I looked over,”Here you go dear,” said a maid.

“Thank you,” I shivered. I looked down at my hand an wince. It was soaked in blood and I could see chunks of skin missing from the spikes on the tenderizer. I didn't even want to see how my shoulder looked but blood was soaking through my dress and I could feel it running down my arm.

I sniffled trying to get my crying under control. I wondered what happened to Emily. I felt sudden guilt hit me as I realized Emily just risked herself for me. I can't believe I just ran, I needed to go back there. I was about to try to leave when I heard shuffled footsteps enter the house. I heard fast talking as I recognized Will and Mr. Donner's voices. I also suddenly felt embarrassed because I told Will I had this under control. I should of listened to him, I wouldn't blame him if he was mad at me.

I heard them round the corner as I looked and saw Mr. Donner come up to me and help me over to the drawing room but Will was frozen where he was wide eyed. “Oh my God,” I heard him say shocked. Mr. Donner sat me down,”I'll be right back with bandages,” he said and rushed off.

Will walked up and sat down next to me,”I'm so sorry Will,” I said.

He shook his head confused,”Why are you apologizing Eliza?” he asked.

“I should of listened to you. I told you had this under control and I didn't, I'm so sorry,” I said with tears of guilt both for him and Emily running down my face.

I felt his hand come under my chin to turn my head,”You don't get to apologize ever,” he said seriously.

I nodded my head,”I left Emily there too. For all I know she could be getting whipped or being beaten, all because of me,” I sobbed.

“I shouldn't of run when she told me to. I should of stayed Will. I have to know she's okay or it will kill me,” I said looking at him.

“We will later but now we have to fix you up,” he said softly.

“Where did she hit you?” he asked.

I was hiding my hand under the blanket and I didn't want him to see.

“Eliza, where did she hit you?” he asked more seriously.

“I don't want you to see Will,” I said.

“I'm going to see sooner or later,” he said. I sighed and revealed my hand.

He winced as his eyebrows knitted together,”Damn,” he said.

“She hit my shoulder also but I haven't scene it yet,” I said quietly.

“What happened to you cheek and lip?” he asked carefully examining it.

“She slapped me, which compared to the tenderizer was like heaven,” I said swallowing down the tears..

He scoffed,”Elizabeth you've been through so much pain in the last month than people have in there life,” he said.

I wiped my tears shakily with my good hand and sniffled. “I want to kill her,” I said.

“I would too,” he said.

“She said she's going to disown me officially now I think, I can't really remember anything,” I said trying to think of what she said.

“I can never forgive myself now,” said Will.

“Forgive yourself for what?” I asked.

“You got beaten because of me Elizabeth,” he said.

I shook my head quickly,”No Will, this was all my decision. Don't for one second think this is your fault,” I said sternly.

“It is,” he said.

“No Will it isn't! Gosh your as bad as me!” I said.

He was about to retort when Mr. Donner and the maid came back into the room with bandages. The maid sat knelt in front of me and started to dab my lip clean. It stung a bit but I knew it was least painful of the other injuries.

“Is this the first time she beat you?” asked Mr. Donner.

I was about to answer but Will decided to answer for me,”No she was whipped,” he said.

“Will!” I scolded at him.

“Dear lord, whipped?” he asked in disbelief.

“It wasn't directly her,” I said.

“No but she ordered it to happen,” said Will.

“How long ago was it?” asked Mr. Donner. “Two or so weeks ago,” I said.

“How bad is it? Have you been to a doctor?” he asked.

“It's not to bad,” I lied. “And no I have not been to a doctor,” I said.

“Not bad? Be truthful Eliza,” said Will.

“It's not,” I said lying.

Will leaned back and looked at my back,”Then why are you bleeding?” he asked.

“I didn't notice,” I said honestly.

“Let me see dear,” said Mr. Donner.

He looked at my dress and shook his head,”What happened to your mother,” he asked mostly himself.

“I really have no idea,” I said.

“I mean one day she's nice but then she snapped and since then she's been a monster. It's like she's not even there anymore,” I said shaking my head..

Mr. Donner mused,”Elizabeth your going to stay with me while I get this sorted out,” he said.

I was about to objected but he started talking before I could say a thing,”No buts either, it's final. There obviously something wrong with your mother and you don't need to be around her right now,” he said.

I sighed,”Thank you Mr. Donner,” I said.

“Dear let me take a look at your whippings and shoulder,” said the maid. “

I'll leave the room for that,” said Mr. Donner.

I smiled slightly and looked over at Will. “That would be you hint to leave as well Will,” I said.

“I've already scene the marks though,” he said.

“Will,” I protested.

“I want to see you shoulder at least,” he said.

I groaned,”Fine,” I said. “Then you leave,” I added.

“Fine by me,” he said.

I stood up and let the maid untie my dress a little so I could slide my shoulder out. When it was exposed the maid gasped. I looked down at it and almost dry heaved it was so vile looking. It was covered in blood, my mother hit my shoulder so hard that I could see the ragged appearance of my muscle and a white dot from a single spike dug deep enough to bear my bone. The fibers of my muscle were hanging slightly and the skin around it was disheveled looking.

“Shit,” I heard Will say loudly beside me. I looked at him disapprovingly,”Well what word were you thinking of to describe it?” he asked.

I rolled my eyes,” I think it would be best if you wrapped and cleaned my hand first,” I said to the maid.

“Me as well,” she said leaving my shoulder exposed.

“You saw it Will, you can go now,” I said.

“There's no way I'm leaving now,” he said sitting back down.

I almost threw my arms in the air but didn't,”But you said-.”

“I know I what said I would leave but after seeing that,” he said pointing at my shoulder,”I'm not going anywhere,” he said.

“Leave,” I scowled.

“No,” he said stubbornly.

“You're impossible,” I muttered sitting back down.

“Dear I know it'll sting but I need you to keep you hand still,” said the maid. She started dabbing and as soon as it hit her hand, it burned like a white flame. My face contorted in pain as I tried to bite my busted lip but I couldn't or it would start to bleed again. I felt Will's hand slip into mine. I looked over at him and his entire face read concern and sympathy. I used his hand as a outlet for my pain. I had a tight grip on his hand while she cleaned it, until she was finally done. She wrapped it up, probably to much and tossed the bloodied clothes out. “Time for you shoulder,” she said.

“I don't think I can do that,” I said trying to imagine the pain.

“You have to or I'll get infected,” said the maid.

I hesitated for a second,”Fine,” I said. She dipped the cloth in and carefully started to dab and clean it. It was worse, way worse than my hand. It felt like I had a white flame, plus some vinegar, and straight alcohol thrown in there. It was so painful I couldn't speak all that came out was strangled sounds. Will tried to comfort me but it was useless. I felt some tears slip down my face and Will did his best to help me but all he could do was wipe away the tears. For what seemed like a lifetime she finally stopped and started to wrap it. The pain in both my hand a shoulder didn't subside, in fact it held a steady burning sensation to it.

“Time to check you back,” said the maid.

Will and I got up as I went back down to lay on my stomach. The couch was comfortable as the least but I couldn't move my shoulder. She untied the back all the way and exposed my back. “Oh dear,” she said worried.

“Is it bad?” I asked.

“It looks like a few reopened but their all scaring over,” she said. Will sat on the floor beside me and continued to comfort me in anyway possible, by repeating that it'll be okay to letting me squeeze the living life out of his hand.

She changed the bandages and wiped the blood from the reopened lashes before tying my dress back up. He and Will helped me stand back up. I started to feel dizzy and light head,”I don't feel good,” I said.

“You lost quite a bit of blood dear,” said the maid.

“I need to lay down,” I said dizzily.

“I think she has vertigo,” said the maid. Mr legs gave a little as Will and the maid supported me.

“We need to get her to a bed,” said the maid seriously. I felt my feet give as I started to fall but Will and the maid reached out and grab me quickly, Will picked me up and started up the stairs. I started to go in and out, only comprehending bits and pieces of what was going on. I remember being put in a bed and the maid and Will arguing over something before my eyes shut without permission as I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.

Comment? Subscribe?

Avec l'amour

-Mel♥