Aim High, Never Rest

Sparks

I walked into my apartment throwing bag on the nearby couch. Today was longer than expected, for just one commercial. I actually got an manager today. So that was extra for me. I didn't plan on getting one of those but he convinced me that have a manager was crucial. He had looked sincere so I said why not. All that made me sort of exhausted.

I looked at my watch and realized or more like remembered, that there was supposed to be a party that I got invited to. "Shit." I muttered to myself as I scurried to my room to find something to wear. I can't believe I forgot.

I arrived at the party and I wasn't surprised that the pool area was already packed with idle and dancing bodies. I scanned the area for any familiar faces, which was an epic fail because I barely knew any one here. All the faces were just ones I've seen. But I did noticed Kandi in the crowd, I would have went to go talk to her but she seemed busy. I also seen some others I met in the lobby, like Hannah and Carlos. They all looked busy in conversation.

I decided to just move my way through the crowd of dancing people trying to make find a table to sit at. I hoped to not be seen by James at all. It would be embarrassing to know that he finds out I was inexcusably late to a party that he had invited me to. But something tells me that he already knew. James was preoccupied being the DJ and entertaining the girls that surrounded him. I smiled to myself, mentally laughing at the girls basically throwing themselves at him. What really ran threw my head was why was he up there playing DJ James when there's supposed to to be a band playing up there. Or that's just what I heard.

"Talk about being fashionable late." A voice came from beside me. It was guy, a good looking guy. He had a smile plastered on his face. He was really cute. "Name's Collin." He stuck out his hand to shake with his smile still on.

I didn't hesitate to shake his hand at all. "I remember you from the lobby. I'm Carley."

"Oh so you remember me?" He asked with a flirty smile. He automatically became cuter.

"Fortunately I do, your also in a band I've heard about." I laughed. "You remembered me." I say.

"Can't forget a pretty face." That's when I busted out in a laughing fit. I heard Collin chuckling as well beside me.

"That was really corny," I whipped my eyes of the small teats that was forming. "But it was cute." That caused a smile to form on his face. "Aren't you suppose to be up there?" I mentioned towards the stage.

"Yeah we are but James obviously likes being up there and doesn't know when to get down."

"I'll get him down." I stood up out my seat.

"You don't have to." He insisted.

"Its fine and besides I really wanna hear your band play." I smiled and walked over to the DJ Booth.

Ignoring all the girls that were around him I practically pushed passed them all to get to James. As soon as he seen me, a grin formed on his lips. "You finally made it!" He yelled over the music, I barely heard him.

"Uh yeah sorry I was late but don't you think its time to get down!" I yelled. I could feel the girls eyes on me.

"But the ladies love me!" He pointed to one of them in the smalled crowd. I rolled my eyes at her reaction.

"Yeah well people are waiting to perform!"

"Fine!" He pouted and walked down from the Booth. I never looked at the other girls faces but I can only imagine. Not soon after we had walked into the sea of people, a band got up on the stage. They begun their song and of course me and everyone around me begin to move their hips to their song. It was an awesome.

Soon their song ended and another song had blasted through the speakers. Someone had tooken over being the DJ. Thank God James didn't get to it first. I looked over and seen Collin and the rest of his friends sitting at a table. I excused myself for a moment as I walked over to them. Collin was the first one I talked to.

"Hey, I just wanted come and say that your set was amazing!" I told him.

"Thanks," He gave me a toothy grin. "But really all the credit goes to the Singer." He pointed to the girl sitting with a plate of food in front of her. I walked over to her.

I walked back from Maxine with almost a frown on my face. Kendall had stopped me on my walk. "I see you've met Maxine."

I looked back to where Maxine was and back to Kendall. "How can you tell?"

"That's the face that everyone has after talking to Maxine." He said looking over at her as well. "She must have said something?"

"Not really...it just sounded like she didn't like me or something." I scrunch my eyebrows together for a moment. "I'm sure you haven't done anything to her."

"Well that's just Maxi."

"I'm done talking about it." Just as I said that a slow song had started to play and a hand grabbed mines. I follwed to whose hand it belonged to. It was James. "Can I have this dance?" He asked. I nodded and he led us to the dance floor. I snaked my arms around his neck, he placed his hands on my waist, and we Danced slowly. For some reason I had the feeling I had eyes on me again. And there were. As I looked around I seen girls looking at me with pure jealousy. It really beats me why.

"So how'd you like the party?" He asked looking down at me. I was way shorter than he was, so he hovered a good foot or two over me.

"It was actually better than I thought. But I'm sure I made some new enemies." I chuckled.

"I'm sure, I mean you are dancing with me." He had his signature smirk playing on his lips.

"Wow you are really conceited," I giggled. "But you have good reasons to be."

"Damn right I do."

I rolled my eyes as we continued to dance. Dancing with James showed me a different side of him, like a romantic side I guess you could say. Who knew he could actually dance? I mean I know now. I think this party, this night in general, was wrapping up great.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of liked writing this chapter but I might change it by adding more. =]
Title Credit goes to ;; COLDPLAY