Aim High, Never Rest

A Beautiful Life

I swore under my breath, mentally hoping Collin would reach over and pick up my luggage. My suitcase is made up of steel and I immediately regret choosing this one to pack my things in for our new move. 

It was my idea to move to Los Angeles. The guys were uncertain about taking this next huge step for our band's rise to fame. They thought it was too risky. But what can I say? I'm a risk taking rocker, desperate for a record contract.

"Welcome to Palm Woods, home of the future famous, how may I help you?" a round shaped man behind the counter greeted us with a fake plastered smile. I don't blame him. Having to work behind a counter for a job sucks majorly. And it's even worst to act like you actually enjoy the job.

"Maxine? Where's the paper?" Nathan nudged me, trying to grab my attention. 

"What paper?" I stared at him dumbly. 

"The hotel information? I think I'd like to get in a hotel room?" Collin rolled his eyes, obviously impatient from waiting.

Shaking my head, I reach for my pocket and pulled out a piece of folded paper. "Here" I shoved it against Nathan's chest with force, gaining a yelp from him. He went over to the counter to hand the information to the grumpy hotel manager.

"Tyson, can you carry my guitar for me please?" I fluttered my eyelashes at our drummer, attempting to flatter him. Without arguing, Tyson picked up my guitar case from the carpet floor. Mission accomplished. 

"Guys! I got the keys!" Nathan left the counter. "What room did we get? What room did we get?" Collin jumped on his back, wrapping an arm around his neck.

"Room 3K" Nathan grinned. "Hey 3 is our lucky number!" Tyson yelled, joining Collin on Nathan's back after dropping my guitar carelessly on the floor.

"Dude!" I shouted. They ignored me, scrambling around the hotel lobby like a bunch of monkeys. "Ugh, boys" I muttered under my breath and reached for my fallen guitar case.

"Incoming!" someone yelled in alarm. My head shot up just to see a small round-shaped disk coming at me. Before I could react, the disk slammed against my left cheek. "Ow, what the hell?" I screeched, rubbing my injured spot. 

"Ooh, that must hurt" my assumed attacker walked over to me. Clad in a shaggy hockey uniform, a long black colored hockey stick in his hands, and an apologetic smile on his face; he already sickens me.

"Ya think?" I shot him my famous icy glare. "Uh..." he ran his hands down his dark blonde hair, probably intimidated by me already. To be honest, that's the way I like it.

"Maxine!" Tyson yelled from across the lobby. The guys appeared by my side, high-fiving the annoying hockey guy.

I gave them a confused look and they patted the guy in the back. "Good job bro" Collin smirked at me.

"Uh... Thanks?" annoying hockey guy held his hands out to help me up. I took it and he pulled me up from my kneeling position. 

"I'm Kendall, welcome to Palm Woods!" he gestured toward the lobby and the entrance to a nice looking pool. 

"I'm Maxine, and I really don't care" I grabbed my things and motioned for the guys to follow me to the elevator. 

"Aww, you're no fun" Nathan pouted, putting his luggage and guitar case on the elevator floor. 

"That guy seems like a douchbag" I shrugged. 

"You don't even know him that well. Remember how we should never judge a person until we really know them and step in their shoes?" Tyson spoke up.

"Ew, what makes you think I want to fill my feet in his shoes?"

"I was just figuratively speaking!" Tyson held his hands out defensively.

The elevator "dinged" and we got off on the third floor. "Max, please take your own stuff this time. You only need to take a few steps to get to the door"

I grumbled a "fine" and followed the guys into our hotel room. 

"Oh sweet! Look at this room!" Collin raced Nathan into the four bedroom hotel room. 

"I call the one with the balcony!" I called out, dragging my things to the first room on the left. Fortunately for me, it is the room with a balcony. 

I dropped my things by the well-made bed and ran out to the balcony. It has a beautiful view of the hotel pool. It wasn't crowded but there were people there. 

I saw two people sitting on a beach bench, reading some textbooks while engaged in a conversation. A dude was playing melodiously on his acoustic guitar. There's a guy rubbing sunblock on a girl's back. The scene seems really relaxing and I'm excited to go down there. The flight from Manhattan, New York was tiring so I needed the relaxation. Try staying in a seven hour flight and not feel an inch of tiredness.

"Hey!" the hockey guy, whose name is now known as Kendall, stood right below my balcony waving. 

"Err... Did you get the message that I really don't like you?"

"I said I was sorry"

"Sorry isn't going to..."

"Cannonball!!!" I averted my gaze from Kendall just to catch a figure of a guy dropping into the pool in fast-paced motion. Water splashed everyone down there and for once, I feel lucky I wasn't near the pool. 

"Carlos!" I hear the majority of the people scream. 

"And that was Carlos!" Kendall concluded after shaking some water out of his hair.

"Oh and this is me pulling my curtains closed so I won't see your face" I snapped my curtains shut and fell on the perfectly comfortable bed. 

Now that I'm perfectly relaxed in bed, my unbelievable fantasy of becoming famous conquered the majority of my mind. 

All I want right now is for a record company to give us a contract, promising fame and success.

And I'm having a feeling that it will happen soon, sooner than any of us could ever imagine. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Now I'm getting this chapter posted up! Kandi's chapter is amazing!!! And...

Title Credit: MADINA LAKE!