Aim High, Never Rest

The Dog Days are Over

"Ugh!" I blurted out loud, pretty sure that the neighbors heard. I didn't care. It was so freaking boring and I couldn't think of anything to do. Its been like that for a couple days now. I guess I'm just getting agitated about Robert, my manager, still thinking about getting me signed.

My mind took a total 360 and wander on to James. It wasn't surprising, since he seems to be sneaking his way into one of my thoughts. I've tried to ignore them, believe me I've had. But that's hard to do that when everywhere I turn he pops out of somewhere with his "girlfriend" right behind him. Its kind of annoying actually.

But I can't help but wonder what he's doing. Probably something stupid.

Knock, Knock

I sighed regretting getting up to go get the door. I wonder who it could be this time. Kendall, Logan, or maybe this time Carlos. All of James sources of trying to get me to talk to him. Usually when its James I just pretend I'm not here. Though I'm sure that's getting old.

I peeked through the peep hole. I expected to see one of the boys but instead I saw the oh so familiar face of my Aunt Juliana! I swung the door so fast that it was in blur and wrapped my arms around her.

"Juliana, what are you doing here?" I say finally pulling away and walking us inside my apartment.

"Well its been about two weeks and I haven't heard from you," She sat on the couch. "So, how you been?" She smiled.

I sat in the recliner across from the couch she sat on. "I've been good, I'm in a commercial." I smiled at my accomplishment.

"Yes, I did see that." She gave a bigger smile than mine. "You were so good that it made me go out and by some for myself." I giggled but I knew she was just saying that.

"Yeah, I don't even use it." It crossed my mind that it seemed kind of ironic.

I didn't even noticed that I zoned out until i seen Juliana was waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh sorry about that." I felt a little embarrassed now.

"You just zoned out on me, are you okay?"

"Oh no I'm fine." I smiled hopefully she wouldn't notice my denial.

"No you're not." She stared me down and I could tell she was being hesitate with her next sentence. "So who's the boy?" She smirked and leaned back into the couch with her legs crossed.

How the hell did she know that there was a "boy" involved? What was she my mother?

"There's no boy."

"Oh please Carley, its written all over your face." Was it really? "So who is it?" Julie asked as if she was a teenage girl just dying to hear some gossip. I just rolled my eyes.

"OK his name is James." I answered quite irritated. So I told her basically the whole story. It didn't take long as I thought it would.

"Well I should get going, I have errands to tend to." She hopped of the sofa and walked towards the door.

"Wait, so you're just gonna leave?"

"What do you want me to do Carley?"

"Advice please." Okay that sounded extremely desperate. Maybe I was.

"Well, it seems that you like you really like him," So not true. "So I think that you should at least hear what he has to say."

Now I didn't want her advice. I knew getting advice from Juliana was not gonna be a good idea. Or it was gonna be something I did not wanna hear and it was.

"You know what Juliana you are so right, you always know what's best." I say practically pushing her out the door. "Alright bye bye now." I finally got the door shut.

God. She is so right.

Finally putting on some decent clothes I walked out the door. I turned to find Hannah wandering down the halls. Well it seemed like she was looking for something or someone.

"Hey Hannah, what are you looking for?" I asked walking towards. Only because the elevators were in that direction.

"I'm looking for Carlos, have you seen him?" I shook my head no. "Would you tell him that I would like to talk to him?"

I nodded and we were on our separate ways.

Waiting for one of the elevators to open I heard footsteps coming my way. I didn't look up to see who it was, since most likely I would not know them.

"Waiting for the elevator too?" I looked over to find, well a very good looking guy. He had brown hair that hung a little to his eyes. The striped shirt he wore really brought out his tall structure. He was easy on the eyes.

"Uh yeah, the elevator." I snapped out of my daze when I realized I was staring. I adverted my eyes back to the unopened elevator and I heard him giggle. I mentally smacked myself.

"I'm Jordan by the way." I faced him again and his hand was out to shake.

I took hold of his hand. "Carley, you do look familiar."

"I'm in a band." He said with a grin plastered on his face.

"Was that supposed to impress me?" I asked as we both stepped into the elevator that finally decided to open.

"Yes it was."

It didn't take long before we were on the first floor and walking out in to the lobby. "Well I'll see you around."

"Sure." I said goodbye and he went his seperate way.

I headed straight for the pool area. I was a little surprised to find that James wasn't there talking in his mirror. I decided to take this as an advantage and go sunbathe. I notice my skin has been getting a little pale. I found an empty beach chair in the perfect spot.

I've only been sitting down for almost ten minutes before I felt someone sit in the chair next to mine. "Hey Carley." An familiar voice said my name. Of course, it was James. He had a sympathetic smile of some sort.

"What do you want james?"

"I just want to talk to you." I stayed quiet, signaling for him to continue. "I know you're probably still pissed at me for reasons I don't even know but I just wanted to say sorry and if it would make it better I would like to take you to a movie." His whole sentence was mushed into basically one word. Everything was barely understandable but I understood a few words.

"OK."

"OK?" I guess he was a little shocked by my sudden answer. To be honest I was a little too.

"Why not." Out my peripheral I saw his grin get bigger by the second. "But its not a date, just two friends going to go see a movie." I told him. Telling him that didn't make his grin any lighter.

"Of course, nothing but friends." With that statement he got out the chair and strolled back wherever he came from.

"He is such a weirdo." I laid my head back
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay I finally got my chapter out! Comments are more than appreciated.

Title credits goes to ;; FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE