Aim High, Never Rest

Harsh

I put the oversized sunglasses over my eyes during the process of my prance down to the lobby. I must admit, the way these shades cover my face makes me feel badass and ready for action. The aura of confidence overwhelms my body, strangely, feeling more critical than usual. This feeling makes me invincible, like nothing could ever bring me down.

Dressed in my usual wardrobe of leather jacket, knee length black skirt, and combat boots; I walk out of the elevator hand-in-hand with Jordan. It’s such a shame I can’t view us from a third person’s perspective, because we would have looked so rockin’if I ever got the chance to see us. Jordan and I made our relationship official, literally yesterday morning, but to me; it felt like I’ve known him for ages.

As much as I craved attention and media consumption, being with Jordan made me feel slightly different. Just the presence of his body around mine helped me wash out the fame hungered thoughts. They might not flush down the drain, because my aspiring music career will always be in the back of my mind somewhere, but I find myself putting them aside for a while as I spend time with him.

The lobby was how it would be in the morning on a Saturday. Teenagers crowded around the pool, swimming or just chilling on the side. Everything is so typical and predictable. I just can’t help but feel annoyed at how I see the same faces at the same places during a particular time. Can’t people just scatter around and come up with new plans?

That’s right, they are too stupid to. They fall right into routine, thinking it might get them somewhere in life. What they don’t know is, nothing extraordinary will happen if location and lifetime cycles are repeated. What makes them think someone will come along and make them famous when the past two months of doing the same exact thing brings no luck? People are very dumb.

“Hey Jordan”

“Hey Carley”

My head whipped around so fast that my long dark hair smashed into the side of Jordan’s cheek. The sight and exchange of words before me was not a pleasant sight.

Carley was standing by the pool entrance, a cup of red slushy in hand. She smiled flirtatiously at Jordan and to me; it looked like she was fluttering her eyelashes at him. Blood was boiling in my body and I realize I’ve never hated anyone so much in my life. Okay, maybe it’s not completely true, but still.

I knew she wanted to get with my boyfriend, even before he became the possession of mine. But she is just trying way too hard. Jordan will never go for anyone like her. She’s too simple and laid back for his type. He is a rock star, not an actor. He is not the prince charming to sweep Carley off her feet. Jordan is my rocker dude, being the first person to make a permanent impact on my life.

She will not take this feeling away from me. She will not take Jordan away from me. He will never go for her.

My hands are already shaking in fury. I don’t know how it feels to be the jealous girlfriend, but I am not. Why the hell would I be jealous when I know she has no chance? I am the superior one because I am successful and I make something of myself. She is probably going nowhere in her career, besides that movie she auditioned for (yes, I checked the stupid magazines and listened to Nathan’s annoying dishes on the latest Hollywood events).

I rolled my eyes and decided that Maxine Johnson is not the person to stand there and say nothing. She is going to win another verbal argument and make her inferiors look even more pathetic.

“You know, Carley” I plastered the biggest smirk I could muster, just showing my smugness to her in high hopes of intimidating her.

Her brown eyes bore into mine for a second before a look of distaste washed over her face. I sneered at her, kindly returning the feeling. Then I realized I never got to finish my sentence.

Ignoring Jordan’s warning tug on my wrists, I opened my mouth to retort.

“You should stop looking so desperate trying to win Jordan over. If you want a boyfriend so bad, you desperate bitch, maybe you should go for James. I mean, he’s been kissing the floor you walk on and worshipping your existence. Instead of looking like a pathetic little whore in front of us, you should just jump into James’ arms the easy way. Maybe have a bit of self-respect, instead of throwing your pathetic self in front of a guy”

Jordan’s grip on my wrists tightened and I couldn’t help but turn to glare at him.

“Maxine” he shot me a look of disapproval but I really don’t give a fuck at this point.

He stared me down with the same expression until his eyes fixated on something else. The chocolate brown orbs widened and before I even turn to acknowledge his reasoning, something cold dropped down on my head. The freezing liquid substance washed down to my whole body, ruining my makeup and attire. The leather jacket and boots is by far my favorite pair.

I growled and shivered at the temperature, realizing that Carley dropped the contents of her cherry red slushy down my head.

“You worthless little bitch” I yanked away from Jordan’s grip and lounged at Carley.

She fell on the floor by the couch as I landed right on her. She gripped on my slushy-infested leather jacket and attempted to scratch me with her long-ass nails. I growled and pulled her hair, trying to make her feel critical pain.

“Maxine, stop” I hear Jordan yell from behind me.

I decided to ignore him because the only thing on my agenda right now is to fuck this bitch up.

She pushed me, forcing me to fall back onto the floor. Then she stole my position of advantage. She punched me square in the nose and the aching pain arrived. I wanted to yell or go completely crazy at the agonizing sting of my nose. But I am not going to give her the satisfaction of my weakness.

My boot clad leg wrapped around her legs and tightened harshly, hoping to inflict pain and get her off of me. She screeched and her grip loosened on me.

“Carley, why are you trying to kill Maxine?” a voice I recognized as Kendall’s joined the crowd that probably formed around us.

Suddenly, hands wrapped around both of Carley’s arms and mine. The grip around me was pretty tight and it annoyed me that I didn’t get to finish her off.

“Maxine” I struggled against the grip, even preparing to knock the person out if he won’t let go.

“Maxine, calm down” Jordan’s calmed voice reassured me.

My whole body composure relaxed and I almost listened to him.

“Holy shit, Maxine” cackles are heard from somewhere in the crowd of curious bystanders.

I knew it was my boys, congratulating me on my loss. This brought on a sudden urge to achieve the upper hand of this fight. I will not let this fight end between us, having everyone witness my disadvantage. I’m going to make sure everyone leaves here, knowing Maxine Johnson is nothing to be messed with, that I am the shit.

My hands flailed uncontrollably, finally getting me out of Jordan’s grip. I rounded on Carley, who was struggling against Kendall and Carlos’ grips, punching her straight in her jaw. The two guys holding her jumped back in shock, freeing her.

She pulled my hair and yanked hard, forcing me to do the same thing. My hairlines are screaming in agonizing pain but I refuse to admit it. I will not let a tiny irritation of my head distract me from winning this fight. I will not let anyone walk away thinking I lost to Carley Turner. Hell to the fucking no.

“Girls! Girls!”

“Mr. Bitters!” Kendall shouted, somewhat in relief, as if he’s stupid enough to think some scrawny hotel manager is going to stop me from building my reputation.

Kendall is lacking common knowledge, honestly.

I can see the large group circling us, mumbling and chattering. Their expression was not a concern to me so I do not focus on their reactions. I do not know if they intend on trying to stop us or trying to egg us on. The chants and the mumbled words sound like annoying buzzes to me, that I prefer not to even bother. I just want to tolerate the harsh handling of my beloved hair and show Carley to never mess with me or my boyfriend ever again.

Carley squeaked when I yanked her hair with full-on force. I dragged her to my other side and threw her on the ground. Before she fell, though, I feel myself getting pulled into her same direction. We both landed in a slump on the carpet floor. She went for my hair again and I did the exact same.

More hands gripped on me and we were forced away from each other. She glared at me and I returned the expression with a growl. I just wanted to show her my superiority. It sucks so much that people decided to intervene. Mind your own fucking business. I glared at my captors, the annoying faces of my band mates.

“Maxine, calm down” Collin mumbled. It was he who held onto me the hardest.

“Shut the fuck up, you stupid bitch” I spat out at him.

“Seriously, what is the matter here?” Kendall yelled from behind Carley.

“Go die, Kendall” I hollered at him, so pissed that these meddling fools intervened.

“See, this is why I want to nail her face to the floor” Carley pointed out, giving me another death glare.

I smiled bitterly at her and rolled my eyes. She is going to try and get everyone on her side because I’m such a heartless bitch. I see her strategy and I know it will work. I am always favored least amongst people. But I don’t care. I will take on the world if I have to.

I can win; I know how powerful I am compared to the rest of the human society.

“Everybody just calm down” Kendall held his hands out for emphasis.

“You can go die with Kendall” I gritted through my teeth, eyes strictly on Carley.

“Why do you want me dead?” Kendall asked defensively.

“You annoy the shit out of me”

“Oh”

“Everybody run along now! There’s nothing to see here. Things like this never happen in Palm Woods, and I assure you all that it will never happen again” Mr. Bitters said, smiling at everyone, but in reality, trying to usher them all away from the scene.

More mumbled talks later, the crowd dispersed. Everyone went back to whatever the hell they were doing before this.

“Girls” Bitters shot us a stern look.

Carley gulped but I glared at him.

“If I catch you guys doing this again, you will both be out of here. Do you understand me?”

“Yes” Carley said.

I rolled my eyes and decided not to answer.

“Can you guys let me go now?” Carley asked, looking back at Carlos, who was still pulling her back from me.

“If we let you go, you will not run at each other again, right?” Kendall asked, eying the two of us, treating us like children.

Carley can be treated whatever way she or other people desire, but I will not let Kendall boss me around.

“If you don’t shut up, Kendall, I will run at your throat when they let me go” I threatened.

He gulped and shot me this look of intimidation, forcing me to laugh cynically.

Jordan stood by the sofa and looked at me with this kind of hurt expression on his face. I don’t know why it was affecting me but I started to feel bad. I wanted that frown on his face to go away. Jordan needs to be happy; he needs to be himself again, not looking at me like he never had before.

“We have a meeting with Hawk, Maxine” Tyson said, nudging the two guys to release their grips on me.

My eyes widened and I turned to the guys.

“I need to change” I said.

“Then we’ll meet you outside by the limo” Nathan said, waving the other guys to follow him. They turned and walked out of the lobby.

Carlos, Kendall, Carley, and Jordan stared at me awkwardly; leaving me as irritated as ever. Can’t everyone just run along now?

Carlos was the first to open his mouth.

“I-I gotta go prepare my movie date with Hannah”

My eyebrows rose.

Carlos awkwardly walked away toward the elevator.

“I have to uh- help Carlos prepare for his movie date with Hannah” Kendall followed his friend.

Carley glared at me and then smiled genuinely at Jordan.

“I have to help Kendall help Carlos prepare for his movie date with Hannah”

Jordan shot her a smile in return.

“See you later, Carley”

“Yeah, see you” and she went after the two guys ahead of her.

Jordan turned to me and displayed a soft smile, making my heart beat irregularly faster.

“And I have to help Maxine get ready for her meeting date with Hawk”

I smirked at him, letting him wrap his arms around me. We made our way upstairs to my room.

Jordan was not mad at me for creating an episode. He didn’t act like he was embarrassed to be with me. What is up with him? Is he just really awesome? I think so.

When I was changed in a fresh pair of leather jacket, dark black pants, and knee length boots; Jordan escorted me back down to the lobby and dropped me off by the limo.

He shot me another genuine smile and wrapped both arms around my waist. This is something I still need to get used to. I need to get used to someone’s adoration, and the feeling of attraction.

“I’ll see you later” he leaned down to peck my lips before sending me off with the rest of the guys in the limo.

I got in and I knew what the discussion during the ride will be about.

“Maxine and Jordan sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, second comes marriage, third comes the baby in a ---“

“Nathan, I will run you over with a truck if you don’t shut up”

“You know what? I second that!” Tyson interjected.

“No one asked you” Nathan mumbled grimly at the drummer.

The rest of the limo ride went on like this, the endless teasing of my relationship with Jordan, the countless bickering between Nathan and Tyson, and Collin’s annoying snoring from beside me (he fell asleep).

We got out and entered Hawk’s office. Women dressed in fancy shirts and skirts crowded outside the door. They chattered amongst one another, pointing at specific items in their magazines.

“What the hell is this?” Collin mumbled, yawning from his short slumber in the limo.

We pushed our way past the ladies and opened the door to Hawk’s office.

“Yes, this is perfect” Hawk said to one of the ladies inside the room, holding up the skimpiest outfit I’ve ever seen in my life.

Nathan cleared his throat, gaining the attention of Hawk and everyone else in the room.

The dark skinned man turned around and his face lit up.

“Ahh Maxine” he smiled pleasantly at me. I grinned back at him.

“What do you think about this?” he held up the skimpy lingerie in display.

I grimaced at the black leathered slut attire inwardly and forced a look of satisfaction outwardly.

“I love it!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Eyes Set To Kill

Yeahhh bitch fight! Did you guys even see this coming? How will tension between Carley and Maxine be in future chapters?