Aim High, Never Rest

Here We Go Again

I stood in the bathroom staring at my reflection in the mirror. I didn't like what I saw, not one bit. I had scratches next to bruises and those aren't what I'm use to. Not to mention the agonizing headache I have from all that hair pulling. It was pure torture! My hair was such a mess, I could barely stand to look at it. I sighed and pulled out my brush and looked at my hair ready to attack.

As I'm brushing the tangles out my hair, my minds begun to wander back to the fight. Maybe pouring the drink on Maxine was crossing the line just a little bit. But then I think about why I did it. With everything she said to me, I had to do it! The bitch deserved it! She was just a malicious, lewd girl. Thinking her really boiled my blood! What I dislike the most is that Jordan is actually with her. I mean what can he actually like about her. She's gonna do nothing but bring Jordan down.

I sighed as I realized that I got my hair to look...decent. It wasn't the way it was this morning but it was good enough for now.

Knock Knock

I sat my brushed down on the sink and rolled my eyes. Who seriously could be knocking at my door? I opened up the door to see James and Camille standing there. A concerned look was on both of their faces. Soon as I opened the door, they basically opened the door they let their selves in.

"I heard you got in a fight with Maxine!" Camille practically yelled once I closed the door.

"Yeah, not really a surprise though." I say plopping down on the couch.

"But it kind of is, we all thought she was going for Joe's blood but instead it was you." James butted in. "Didn't even know you had beef with Maxine."

"Yeah well who freaking doesn't." I ran my fingers through my now untangled hair.

"I'm still in awe that you're even alive," I looked at Camille in confusion. Why would she say that? She seen my face and decided to add to her previous sentence. "I mean from the way people described it." She gave a nervous smile.

"What did fight over anyways?" James asked.

"I heard it was over that guy Jordan!" Camille blurted before I could even think about my response. I shot daggers at her. "I mean look at the time, I should probably get going." With that she got up and hurried out the door.

"So you and Maxine fought over Jordan?" James say with a little hint of jealousy.

"Technically no. I got pissed because of what she said to me but Maxine attacked me because she thought I wad flirting with Jordan...and the red slushy surprise I gave her."

"Were you flirting with him?" He said staring me down.

I didn't have a response. Was I flirting with Jordan? I didn't think I was but if I told James that I wasn't, I'll feel like I'm lying.

"So you were flirting with Jordan. Kendall told me that you had a "thing" for him but I didn't believe it." He stood from the couch.

"So what? Even if I were flirting with Jordan that does not have anything to do with you." As the words left my mouth his expression turned from jealous to hurt in a split second.

"Fine, I guess you're right." Just as Camille, James rushed to the door. But unlike Camille, he slammed the door closed.

I felt a slight pang in my heart for saying those things to him. But I meant what I said and didn't regret it. James was not my boyfriend and I think he needs to realize that. I know James may be acting a little pissy but he'll get over it. My wondered to what I was suppose to do before the fight happened. Oh yeah, I was suppose to assist Logan and Kendall with Carlos and his date with Hannah.

I stepped out the elevator when the metal doors opened on the guys floor. As I walked to their apartment I couldn't help but hope James wasn't inside since he did live there and all.

I knocked on the door twice and Kendall's little sister, Katie, answered the door. "Hey Katie." I greeted her with a smile as I walked in the apartment. Come to think of it, this was my first time in their apartment, it didn't feel special or anything. I hear Carlos, Kendall, and Logan making chaos in the bathroom. I begin to go towards the bathroom but not before I was stopped by Katie.

"Hey Carley, can I talk to for a moment?" She asked sitting on one other stools and I sit next to her and the other one.

"Uh sure, what is it Katie?"

"I wanna talk to you about joining us at Katie Knight management." She pulled out what looked to a contract out her back pocket. I should have known that she wanted to talk about this. This was about the third time she brought this up. I chuckled at her persistence.

"I already have a manager remember."

"I know but we can offer things I'm sure they can not." I raised my my eyebrows at the word "we", who else could there be but her? She handed me a business card with her name and whatnot on it.

"Sure I'll take it into consideration." I laughed again and slid the card into my back pocket.

"Ah Carley, thought you weren't going to make it." Kendall say throwing the bathroom door open.

"Well I wouldn't back out on helping out a friend." I smiled walking past Kendall and into the bathroom where Carlos was.

Carlos stood there with a pair of dark jeans, a striped blue and black shirt, with a black cardigan. I'm pretty sure the cardigan was Logan's idea. He looked ready enough for his movie date. It made me feel kind of useless that I didn't do anything. So I guess I'll just him a little advice, if it helps.

"Remember Carlos, Hannah is a special girl and all special girls want is a guy who can be themselves." I smiled as I fixed his collar. I feel a little excited for Carlos, I hoped it all goes good for him tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title goes to Paramore