Status: alive and kicking!!

Beneath The Surface.

Kodak Moment

I've been sitting around the house since five o'clock this morning. I don't know why, but i just had the feeling that something was going to happen today. I didn't know if it was a good feeling or a bad one.

It was already eigt thirty when i looked at the clock so i figured i would make breakfast today for Mary. I went into the kitchen and basically made a buffet for two. Or ten.

I made pancakes, scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and some waffles. And it smelled GOOD.

By the time i was finished everything it was already almost ten o'clock meaning that Mary would be up any time. As i turned away from the stove I saw Mary standing in the doorway with her eyes wide and her mouth open in awe. I giggled lightly as she just stared at the food.

Mary: Wow. This looks amazing Charlie.

Charlie: Thanks Mary. I was bored so i decided that i would make breakfast for us.

Mary: This looks like it could feel at least ten people!

We both laughed whole heartedly. She hasn't really smiled or even laughed since Abel left. But it forces its way out sometimes. this being one of those times.

We sat down to eat just as my cell phone started ringing. I quickly got up to retrieve it. It was Sam. I told Mary to continue eating and i would be right back.

Charlie: Hey Sam.

Sam was frantic on the phone.

Sam: Charlie! You need to help me, I'm freaking out here!!

I immediately tensed wondering what had him so flustered.

Charlie: Why?! What's wrong!? Are you ok??

Sam: Just come here as soon as you can. Bye!

With that he hung up the phone.

What the fuck?!

I quickly ran up the stairs to change. After that i ran back downstairs to find Mary and tell her that i had to leave. I grabbed my keys and ran into the kitchen.

Charlie: Mary I'm so sorry, but i have to go. Something is wrong with Sam. I'm sorry Mary.

Mary: Well go Charlie! You don't need my permission. GO!!

Charlie: I'll be back soon!

I yelled out my last sentence before i bolted out of the house slamming the door shut and running to my car. I quickly peeled out of the driveway and sped all of twenty minutes to Sam's house.

*********************************

When i got to the house his car was in the driveway so i parked on the side of him.

I bolted out of the car and up to the door and started wailing on it to get him to open up.

When he finally opened the door his eyes were wide and he looked like his head was going to explode at any moment.

Charlie: Sam! What's wrong?!

Sam: You have to help me!

He yelled his words as he turned around and bolted up the stairs to his room I'm guessing.

I followed him quickly and when i looked in his room i gasped.

Charlie: Sam! Did someone break in or something? What did they take?!

I was frantically asking these questions i dont even know if he understood them.

Sam: No, no one broke in. But i need your help.

Charlie: Why?! Whats wrong?!

Sam looked at me like he was gonna tell me something that would make me die on the inside. He looked so serious.

Sam: I have a date tonight, and i dont know what to wear!!

I just stared at him blankly, in shock that THAT was what he called me over here for.

harlie: WHAT THE FUCK SAM?!?! I thought that something was really wrong!!

Sam: Something is really wrong! I dont have anything to wear and I'm going on a date tonight.

Charlie: Thats not life threatening!! I thought you were dying or something. I'm out of here.

I turned away and walked downstairs toward the door until he grabbed my arm and spun me around. He looked like he was about to kill himself if i didnt help him.

And it didnt make it any better when he broke out the famous Jenkins pout. The pout that the Jenkins family was blessed with. No one could say no to that pout. even a Jenkins.

Charlie: Fine Sam, but next time just call and ask and dont scare me like that. ok?

Sam's face went back to normal and i could see the guilt in his eyes for scaring me.

Sam: I'm sorry Charlie, I'm just so nervous. She is amazing and i really want to impress her.

I awed cutely and made my way back to his room. When i got there I studied the clothes that were thrown everywhere around his room. I grabbed a pair of grey jeans off of his bed and a plain black v-neck shirt that was on the floor and threw them at him.

Charlie: And please make sure you put deodorant on. We dont want you to meet her all smelly and shit.

Sam chuckled and went into the bathroom to change. He walked back out a minute later and looked blankly at me.

Sam: Hair?

He pulled the pout yet again. I sighed loudly and pushed him into the bathroom and he sat on the toilet cover while i pulled out the gel and gave him a fohawk.

After i was done i made my way back into the bedroom and to his closet\ to look for shoes. I pulled out a pair of black and grey checkered vans and threw them at him. They hit him right in the chest.

Sam: Ouch Charlie. Stop being hostile!

I just laughed as the doorbell rang. Sam immediately became nervous. I guess it was this mystery girl that he is "in love" with.

Charlie:I GOT IT!!!!!

I screamed as i made my way to the door and slid it open.

She was really pretty.

Lets hope she's not a complete bitch.

Charlie: Hi, I'm Charlie. Sam's cousin. And you are?

Sam: This is Meredith.

With his voice suddenly appearing, i almost had a heart attack. I gasped in shock and whipped around to face him holding my hand to my heart.

Charlie: Where the fuck did you come from?!

Sam: Uhh...My momma's vagina?

I rolled my eyes and chuckled and turned back to face Meredith.

Charlie: Nice to meet you Meredith.

Meredith: You too Charlie.

Charlie: I have one question. What is it that you see in my retard of a cousin?

Meredith: Well, lets see.....He is funny, and retarded but in a good way. He's just like me. A little shy at first but crazy underneath the shell.

I smiled as i listened to her explanation.

She seems pretty nice. Crazy huh? maybe we will get along better than i thought.

Charlie: Crazy huh? Just like Sam?

Sam: She's worse than me. She's more like you.

I raised my eyebrows at that and looked at her again. I leaned over and hugged her. She hugged back. When we pulled away we smiled genuinely at each other.

Charlie: Than this is the beginning of a very very good friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
2nd update today!!!!!

comments=love=updates