Status: alive and kicking!!

Beneath The Surface.

Endings Without Stories

I stared at the door that he sprinted out of for about five minutes. Mary walked in looking curious. He expression softened when she looked at my pained one.

Mary: Oh, honey. What happened??

She pulled me over to the bed and sat on the side of me.

Charlie: He's never going to talk to me again. I kissed him and he totally freaked out. I knew he didn't feel the same. I knew it.

I cried onto her shoulder softly as she rubbed my back lightly.

Mary: Maybe he was just surprised is all. Maybe he just needs some time to think about it.

I furiously shook my head sobbing softly.

Charlie: I-I knew i-it. I mes-messed it a-all up. He's n-never going to w-want to speak to me ag-again.

I turned away from Mary and shoved my face into my pillow. I think Mary took the hint and left me alone for a while. I just sobbed into my pillow for the rest of the day.

In all that time, Abel never came home. I listened all day wishing the door would open and he would walk through it and tell me he felt the same way. But unfortunately, i knew that wasn't going to happen.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the silence and fell asleep.

****************************

When I woke up, i looked at the clock and it was eleven oclock already.

I slept that long?

I got up and mad my way into my bathroom to do my business. When i was done i laid back in bed and took out my laptop.

I surfed the internet for about forty minutes before my stomach started yelling at me that it was hungry. I sighed, got up and made my way downstairs slowly. I made my way into the kitchen to find something. I went into the fridge and the light illuminated the dark kitchen.

I grabbed some orange juice and grabbed a piece of bread to toast.

While i was waiting for the bread in the toaster i heard someone walking somewhere in the house. I brushed it off thinking it was probably Mary going to the bathroom.

I took my toast out of the toaster and made my way out the back door to sit on the beach.

I stared out at the ocean thinking about everything that has happened to me in the past 8 years.

My dad died, my mom went crazy and kicked me out to live with Sam, I fell in love with Abel and never told him, Abel went away to war, I stayed with Mary waiting for him to come back, he came back unexpectedly, i kissed him, and he ran away, and now i felt like shit.

I need to get away

I got up and made my way back up the beach toward the house when I saw the silhouette of someone walking toward me. As the person got closer i could see that it was Abel.

I sighed to myself knowing that facing him was inevitable.

We stopped when we were about a foot away from each other. I didnt say anything because honestly i had no idea what to say. So there was an awkward silence for a few minutes.

Abel: Charlie.

Charlie: Uhh...yeah?

Abel sighed and rubbed his forehead.

Charlie: Look Abel, I'm sorry about what i did. I like you, I may even love you. God, I've wanted to say that for a while. But I understand that you dont feel the same. I'll be on my way home in the morning. Or i could leave now. whatever you are comfortable with. I dont want you to fe-

Abel: Charlie, your rambling.

I sighed deeply and looked at the sand under my bare feet.

Charlie: Sorry. But I'll be out of here tomorrow so you dont have to worry.

I said quickly as i brushed past him and quickly ran all the rest of the way to the house.

I ran inside and made my way to my room. Shut the door quietly not wanting to wake Mary and locked my door. I opened my closet and took out my suitcase. I put it on my bed and started packing my things to go home.

That took me about three hours. By that time it was already 3:30 am. I unlocked my door and made my way through the house to make sure they were both asleep. Luckily they were. I went back upstairs, grabbed my suitcase and my keys and brought them out the front door to my car in the driveway. I put all my things in the back seat and went back inside to make sure i wasnt missing anything.

I checked the whole house three times. Then i remembered that i left my ipod and my CD's in Abel's spare room downstairs in his loft in the basement.

SHIT!! of course it HAS to be in Abel's room. Fuck my life

I walked to the door the the basement and opened it as quietly as possible.

I walked down the stairs luckily not making a noise at all. I did a little happy dance whn i got to the bottom.

I looked to my left and saw Abel sleeping peacefully. I smiled lightly forgetting my mission for the time being. I walked over to his sleeping form and reached down to brush some of the hair that was covering his face to the side.

I shook my head remembering why i was down here in the first place. I got back into ninja mode and looked around his room looking for my ipod and CD's. I saw them laying on his bed-side table. I sighed and tip toed over to the table and quickly grabbed them. When i picked up the CD case, of course it had to be open and three CD's fell out and clashed with the cement floor.

I quickly looked up at his face and noticed that he was moving hopefully to get comfortable. He moved onto his side so that he was facing me.

I kneeled down and grabbed the CD's quickly and made my way toward the stairs. I hesitated and walked back over to Abel's sleeping form. I bent down and kissed his forehead lightly.

Charlie: I love you. I'm sorry.

I turned away and made my way up the stairs. I left a note for Mary telling her why i was leaving and put it on her bed-side table walking out of the house to my car.

I got in and took one last look at the house and drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it.......

comments=love=updates