Nerds Get the Guys

Dying inside

I'm alone. Fuck everyone and everything, fuck love, fuck family and fuck my life!! I want to kill myself and for a while i've been sitting in this airport debating on how to do it, My phone starts to ring and it's mr beckett... Fuck him too! I toss my phone in a trash bin and finally get up i buy a bottle of coke and sit on the side of the road , maybe i'll get hit by another car... But if i live i'll be stuck with a broken body and a shattered heart.. I've been betrayed so many times, how many times and how many lies... Suddenly a car pulls up and a short pudgy lady steps out, "are you ryan?" I freeze "umm yeah who the hell are you?" She smiles kindly "i'm brendon's aunt, your teacher traced your phone and they called me."

Great just what i needed "go away,"i pout looking to the tar mac. "Now come on darling i'mma take care of you and were gonna talk, your nosey teacher can wait."She grabs my arm and puts me in the car, i don't bother to struggle because i'm too tired, i cried and i cried up until twenty minutes ago."Now what happened because my nephew can't stop blubbering long enough to speak." I sigh looking out the window as i explain every last detail, she listens attentively nodding her head occasionally." Well i see that's quiet a big load for two kids so sweet to deal with, but instead of killin yer self your gonna help me on the ranch. You'll call your teacher next month and tell him your goin home, then you and my nephew will patch things up."

I just nod yawning a little she smiles and i see which side of the family that comes from, she pulls up at a ranch and were greeted by little kids running around and cows in the meadow, all these things i've never seen.We get out and the kids turn to me and start asking questions. "Chillen don't make me call yer daddy!" They hush and i smile wow this lady is amazing. She leads me inside children and small little golden lab in tow, "frank!! Make up the guest bed," I look to the little boy to my left he looks like bren and it kills me a little, "that's actually brendon's brother kyle. Since his momma is in jail and his daddies so busy he lives with us now."

He gives a toothy grin and grabs my hand, i want to cry but i hold back. Frank her large bear of a husband comes out and smiles, "come on kid i'll show you your livin quarters." He leads me to the far back bedroom "you gotta share with kyle sorry," "It's fine i'm the one intruding.." He shakes his head "nah, i warn you though he's a cuddler with a death grip." I smile "so did brendon.." I shake my head fast and he points out the bathroom and a chest of clothes, "you can use em brendon don't visit much so they'll be fine and clean." I nod and after dinner all the kids get to bed including me, kyle and i decide to talk.

"So hows my brother?" I shrug "i dunno we had a fight.." He nods "He told me you were in love.. What is love?" I shrug how do you explain that to a five year old? "Love is when you care about someone deeply and you only want the best for them." He nods "well i think my brother love loves you," i raise an eyebrow. "How so?" "He sent me pictures and he tells me how he wants to be like mom and dad and have a good kid like me one day..." He rambles on and in the pit of my stomach i feel my sadness coming back."Night kyle," "night ryan."

Morning**

I wake up and dress up in a plaid pale blue shirt and some jeans, they fit just right. After helping with breakfast kaitie his aunt leads me to the horse stable. "Now your gonna ride pickle and i'm gonna be on thunderbolt... "She helps me up and instantly she realizes i've never done this before, "Dig your heels into her side gently and pull just as gentle on the reins. Don't worry your gonna do better than your boyfriend, pickles won't mind." I nod and swallowing i do as instructed, "Hey this is kinda cool!!" she laughs and follows me out of the barn.

She teaches me how to heard the cattle into the other pasture and then we feed the chickens. "Auntie brendon's on the phone!! Kyle yips from the doorway and i don't really want to move, "Come on i'm sure he's calling for you not me..." We go into the house and she takes the phone," hello young one... So claudia found you? I'm glad keep your chin up he's probably okay.." I'm surprised she doesn't Tell him i'm here, she smiles and hands me a chord-less motioning for me to be quiet.I nod and pick up covering the receiver , "And i love him so much i fucked up.. But auntie she drugged me, i didn't know what was going on!!" He's crying and i want to speak up but i don't.

"Awe hush now child don't you worry auntie will make it all better... Love you kiddo but i gotta go your uncle's got his head stuck in the beehive again.." The conversation closes and i feel terrible, she sits with me and tells me it's all gonna be okay...