Reservoir

Shopping.

“John, stop.” She groaned in frustration, putting the box of cereal back in its spot. “We don’t need that.”

So far, she’d compromised on four things. He’d bring something to her, telling her they’d eat the item of the road and it was so tasty, and almost ever time she’d say no, reminding him of the budget and telling him to take it back. John had only won four times, using his lips to win her over so he could get the more expensive beer, ice cream, soda, and chips.

She continued pushing the cart, filling it with the same things she bought every week, boxes of pasta and packages of chicken, collections of different crackers and bottles of water. It was what she did every week, usually without John. This week however, she couldn’t slip from his hands, leaving him for an hour to go get enough food for the week so the two wouldn’t starve. Bring him was a mistake though, his constant commentary and contribution were making it difficult to finish.

John walked down the aisle she was in, another box in his hands. “Baby, we have to try these,” He held the box up, the flashy font and colors making her immediately not want them. “Em and Kenny said they were amazing.”

Another groan escaped her lips. “Of course they did, John.” She scoffed, taking the box from him. “They’re peanut butter flavored.”

He watched her eagerly as she inspected the box, reading over the nutrition facts before flipping it upside down, grimacing at the the hefty price. “No way.” She mumbled, pushing it back into his hands and taking a step away.

When he tried to speak again, she stopped him, pressing her finger to his lips and giving him a glare. Except when she lower her finger, he only smirked, putting the box on the shelf behind them momentarily.

“Please,” He whispered, leaning down and pressing on soft kiss behind her ear, holding her sides up. “This is the last thing, I promise.”

Tania didn’t fall for his tactic so easily, pushing against his chest, and trying to step away. John didn’t move though, pressing another harder kiss behind her ear, trailing his teeth down her neck seductively. “Please,” He breathed into her, making her knees weaken and forcing her arms to coil around him to stay upright. “Pretty please.”

His actions labored her breath, making her weaken on the topic. “Fine.” She rolled her eyes, pushing him away, “But no more, John.”

A large, victorious smile climbed over his lips. “You’re the best.”

She expected him to let go off her so they could continue to shop, finishing the duty so they could go home. He didn’t though, only pushing her harder into the shelving behind her. The smile changed and his lips found hers then, intensifying quickly. His hands slipped beneath the fabric of her shirt, touching the bare skin at her waist. Tania pulled away when he moved them up, giggling at the action.

“We’re gonna get kicked out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
January 17, 2011.