Reservoir

iChat.

John had been home for seven days. Seven days of lounging in their bed. Seven days full of kissing, hugging, touching. Seven days of ignoring everything but each other. But by the eighth day, Tania felt the pull fro the bed, knowing life had continued throughout the week with out her. John was still tangled in the sheets when she woke up, an arm draped across her and a gently snore coming from his lips.

She knew what would happen if he woke up. Leaving would be impossible. She hadn’t even gotten a chance to check her phone or emailing and the thought of missing a professors message or her co-workers information sickened her. And yet, she did it, taking a week and a half off from work and telling her professors she’d be turning in everything early. It was for John really, after the three months of tour, she knew how much he needed her touch. In the week, she hadn’t slipped from his hands once.

Silently, she climbed out of their bed, slipping on one of his tank tops and her sweats, looking back to make sure he still slept. Tidying up wasn’t in the question, so she just left the room, walking down the hall to her makeshift study room where her computer and textbooks were stored. 50 missed texts. 2 dozen calls. Mostly from her friends, demanding she respond and send then the second half the cliffhanger she left them on in her newest story. Her attention then went to her closed laptop. She opened it, the familiar sound of iChat logging her in. 102 emails. She’d missed a lot. However before she got a chance to answer, she got an invitation to iChat which she quickly. accepted.

Her boyfriend’s glared was the first thing she saw, it quickly turning into a pout. “You left me.” He whined, obviously repositioning the computer on his lap.

“I had to check in, John.” She smiled back, watching him trying to keep the frown on his face. “Y;know what happens when I stay in bed with you for a week.”

“I get to hold you for seven days and remember what it’s like to have a girlfriend I can touch?” He offered, a smirk following.

She giggled, not moving. “I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

“No, now.” He demanded.

Tania wasted no time closing the computer and running back to the bedroom where they holed themselves up and immediately attacking him with kisses.
♠ ♠ ♠
January 21, 2011.