Killing Loneliness

Chapter 18

I had been trying to avoid this moment all week. I didn't want to leave. I stood at the airport clinging to Bam. His arms were wrapped around me tightly to, squeezing me to him.
“I don't wanna go home,” I groaned for the millionth time that day. Bam laughed softly into my ear.
“I know baby. I don't want you to go either, but you got work,” Bam lifted my head up with a finger under my chin and he kissed me lightly. His eyes were sad as he looked into mine. He pushed some strands of hair out of my face and looked back into my eyes. “It wont be to long before we see eachother, I've got to come back to LA in a couple of weeks, and I'll come stay with you ok babe?” He kissed my forehead trying to make me feel better.
“OK, sounds good to me,” I smiled up at him but it didn't last long. I heard my flight behind called. My smile turned upside down and I looked up to Bam. He laughed again and kissed me. The kiss was long and sweet, almost making me forget that I was in an airport leaving him. When he finally pulled away he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I wrapped mine around his waist, holding on for dear life.
“I love you baby, make sure you give me a call as soon as you land ok?” Bam pulled away and took my hand, slowly walking with me to the gate.
“Yah, don't worry I will.” I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him again. “I love you too, dont get into to much mayham while I'm not with you,” I kissed him again trying to make it last forever.
With one last look, I walked threw the gate and made my way onto the plane. I blinked away the few tears that I was hiding from Bam when I said goodbye to him. I felt so pathetic for crying but I was going to miss him so much. I put in my headphones and scrolled to the playlist that Bam had made me on my iPod. The first song was Killing Loneliness. We had agreed that it was our song, since , in his words “We brought eachother back to life out of loneliness,” I smiled when I thought of him telling me that.
Once the plane landed, I scurried over to the baggage claim and headed out front. Kat was suposed to pick me up. She went home the day before, she had to film the commercial for the next season of LA Ink. I walked out of the airport and expected to wait a little bit for Kat to get there, but she was already there waiting for me. I guess i'd have to wait to call Bam then. I walked over to her and gave her a tight hug. Since her freak out she had come to say sorry to Bam and I. She didn't like the fact that we were together, but she wanted us to both be happy so she accepted it – sorta.
“Hey babe, how was your flight?” Kat hugged me tightly back and walked to her trunk to open it up for me.
“It was ok, I gotta say I'm really not a big fan of flying,” I threw my suitcase in the back and made my way to the passenger seat. She drove off, and we listened to the radio for a few miles. I turned my phone back on and sent a text to Bam. 'Hey baby, I landed safely. I'll call you once I'm away from Kat. Love you xoxo'
“So how's Bam?” Her question was sort of unexpected but I figured this was her trying to be ok with the situation.
“He's good. Didn't want me to leave, but he said he's gonna be back in LA in a few weeks so he's gonna stay with us if you're cool with that,” I staired out the window, scared to look over and see Kat's face.
“Yah i bet. Well i guess that's good, I'm cool with him staying with us. After all it is Bam,” We finally got to the shop and I walked in to find my waiting client after a week of not tattooing.
I got back into the swing of things at the shop quickly and managed to do a great tattoo. As I waited for my next client I told the other girls in the shop about my new boyfriend. After a long day of flying and thne spending a couple of hours at the shop it was nice to get home and crawl into bed. I had checked my phone several times during the day and had several text messages from Bam. 'Babyyy, when are you gonna call me I already miss you.' 'I don't wanna be with the guys right now out, I wanna be with you.' 'I love you babe,'
I smiled as I read each one of them, sending him quick answers back. Once inside and after I had brought a wack load of clothes down to the laundry room and put them in, I went back upstairs to my room and closed the door. Kat was in her office downstairs so I finally had time to call Bam. I dialed his number and after the second ring he picked up.
“Hey baby!” His voice was loud and excited. I couldn't help but laugh.
“Hey Bam, I'm finally home and resting. Kat's hiding in her office and I'm laying on my bed,” I staired up at the ceiling, feeling like a kid in highschool.
“I was waiting all damn day for her to go away! I was worried something happened,” Now that made me laugh even more.
“Bam? Really you were worried? I mean I went straight to work when I got here, thats all I get to do here. I'm the one who should be worrying! You're the Jackass star!” Bam laughed this time at my comment.
“Yes I was worried. Why wouldn't I be with a beautiful girl like you on the other side of a country from her boyfriend,” Still hearing him say boyfriend made me shiver. He had only made it offical the day before I left.
“I guess that makes sence,”I rolled over on my bed so I was on my stomach. I started to pick threw the stack of mail that was on my bed. I ripped open different bills as I came across them. For being gone a week, I had alot of mail.
In the background, I heard Dunn start yelling at Bam for being on the phone. Dunn was saying how they were out trying to have a good time without girls. Bam sighed, he didn't sound that happy.
“I gotta go babe, you heard Dunn I'm sure, no girls,” It was easy to hear the frown in his voice.
“It's ok, I should get to cleaning up my stuff around here,” I sighed not wanting to get off but knowing I should.
“I love you baby,”
“I love you to,”
I hung up and rolled back onto my back, I didn't want to do anything.

The next day at work I sat cleaning my station after a tattoo, I had already said good bye to the client and got my tip.
“Ashleigh!!” I heard a male voice from the door and I looked up, part of me was praying it was going to be Bam even though I knew it wasn't him. At the door stood David, he was the guitarist in my band when I lived back home.
“David! It's so great to see you! How are you?” I got up and made my way over to him, hugging him as soon as I was close enough.
“Great, heard you worked here from Lawrence. What happened between you guys?” I stopped mid breath. Not wanting to say anything.
“Uhm, I'll tell you when I'm not at the shop ok? It's just something I promised Kat I wouldn't talk about at the shop.” David nodded and asked if I wanted to go to lunch. I told him I was going to have to ask Kat if it was ok, and once I told her she seemed over joyed for me and told me to go. Maybe she thought I was going on a date with him? What ever, I was just happy to see David.
We walked down the street to a little resturant and talked for an hour straight before food got there. I told him about Bam and everything to do with him. He seemed extatic for me. As we ate, we talked about our lives, and I finally came to the question of why he was down here.
“Well I'm down here with the other guys,” He took a long sip of his beer before putting it down.
“And?” I raised my eyebrow, there was a strange look in his eyes that I wanted to know what it was about.
“Well,” David rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “We want you in the band again. When you moved down here we tried to make it work with other singers. But it never worked out, you are the only singer we want. If you don't want to sing with us, then well we have to end the band. We can't continue to go on without someone who we know will amaze people,” David looked around nervously and then finally looked at me.
I was dumbfounded. This was something I was deffiently not expecting at all. My mouth was hanging out just slightly, and I closed it quickly trying to think of what I was going to say. After a few minutes of me being silent David finally broke the silence.
“I figured you weren't wanting to do it... Sorry I bugged you with it,” He looked down at his plate and pushed something around with his fork .
“David,” I breathed out a sign. “Of course I want to sing with you and the guys again. I wanna be in the band,” I smiled up at him. I had missed singing more then anything, and this seemed like the perfect time for me to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what chyea'll think! thanks :D