Killing Loneliness

Chapter 37

---3 weeks lateer---

“Baby? You called everyone right?” Bam poked his head out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist. I layed across his bed leisurly, enjoying the calm before everyone arrived for the engagement party – well they didn't know it was an engagement party atleast.
“Yes I did,” I sighed again, he had asked me a billion times. I looked down at my hand, admiring the ring that I had been stairing at for days now. Eachtime a lump would start in my throat and I would have to do everything not to cry.
Earlier in the day I had had a shower and did everything like that, but just like Bam usually, he waited til 2 hours before everyone was going to be there. All our friends and family were there. Bam had even been nice enough to fly my mom from home all the way here. She was going to be arriving just as the party was starting off. The thought of my mom meeting the guy that I was engaged to and thne telling her 20 minutes later that I was marrying him brought a little panic into my chest, but I hoped she'd love him just as much as I loved him.
Bam came out of the bathroom as he buckled his belt up tightly. He took a look at me and then jumped onto the bed next to me. Instinctively I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me. He pressed his lips to mine lightly before pulling away and resting his head on my chest.
“Exctied?”
“Yah, I can't wait to see my mom,” I smiled. I hadn't seen her for years now and she must know something is up if Bam was flying her all the way down here. We laid together in silence for a while before a knock on the door stirred us out of our silent state.
“Hey – Ash, the foods here and they want you to look over it and sign the sheet or something,” Dunn stood in the door waiting for me to get up. Bam groaned loudly and then rolled over so he was off of me. I kissed hims quickly before following Dunn downstairs.
The whole pirate bar was covered with caitered food. I didn't realize Bam relaly had ordered this much. It all smelt really good. The delivery guy handed me a clip board that I signed quickly for Bam's credit card. I was offically able to use his card which made me smile. I turned around to see Dunn's hand in one of the containers. He looked up at me, and when he saw I was looking he jumped and ran away with a handfull of food. April laughed as she saw Dunn run past her as she was making her way into the kitchen.
“Don't worry, I'll watch the food. You should go check on everything outside,” April patted my shoulder lightly and nodded outside.
“Thanks April,” I smiled at her and followed her nod outside. There were tables set up everywhere. They had chairs that rounded them, and flowers on them. I was still suprised that Bam wanted it to be some what nice and not just a huge party. Over on the other side of the tables I saw a small platform with a table that had only two chairs. That was Bam's idea. Adjacent to us, there was a stage that was just running threw sound check. HIM was going to be perfroming again which I thought was the most amazing thing ever.
Before I knew it, people were starting to arrive and I ran upstairs to get ready quickly. I spilled on a simple pair of jeans with a nice shirt. I didn;t have to worry about my hair or makeup cause that was delt with earlier. I was walking down the flight of stairs when I heard my mom's vocie come threw the front door.
“MOM!” I started to run towards her and saw her face light up when she saw me. We hugged eachtoher tightly and I could see the tears in her eyes.
“Hi Hunny,” She wiped her tears with the kleenex that she always kept in her pocket and pattted my hand. Dunn and Novak were carrying in her luggage threw the front door. I smiled at them each as they walked past us.
“I see you meet Ryan and Brandon,” She nodded lightly.
“Baby, I just got a text from Dunn your mom should be here-” Bam walked around the corner and stopped mid sentance and looked up from his phone. He smiled and slid it into his pocket.
“Hi Mrs. Nowek, I'm Bam,” Bam came over and put his hand out for him to shake. She laughed at me and then hugged him tightly.
“Thank you for making her happy after everything that she's gone threw.” I knew my mom was trying to whisper it but I heard it. Bam smiled and looked over at me.
“Well, I've got to say that she makes me just as happy,” He smiled and then came to stand next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist.
“Well mom, come here I'll show you your room. You probably wanna get ready,” I kissed Bam on the cheek and pulled away from him. I showed her upstairs into the room that was going to be her's a few down from mine and Bam's.
I made my way downstairs as my mom changed and got ready. At the bottom of the stairs Bam stood with his back to me, talking to Dunn. Without a second thought in my mind, I ran down the stairs as quietly as I could and leapt up onto Bam. He didn`t flinch when I jumped. I wrapped my arsm around his neck and kissed his cheek.
“Hey baby,” He smiled and tried to look at me over his shoulder. I was buzzing on the inside, I didn't think I'd be this happy that he brought my mom all the way here.
“Thank you,” I huged him tightly around the neck and whispered in his ear. He reached his hand around and squeezed my butt.
“You're welcome baby,” He whispered back. With one last kiss on the cheek I jumped down and went to start seeing people outside. I heard someone scream my name, and when I turned around to see who it was a body collided with mine.
“Ashleigh! God I missed you!” Kat wrapped her arms around my shoulders tightly and squeezed as if she hadn't seen me for years.
“I missed you to Kat,” I pulled away and linked my arm with hers.
“So what's this party for?” She eyed me carefully as we walked threw the large group of poeple who were coming, saying hi to them here and there. Trying to act cool about it, I shurgged my shoulders and waved to the person next to me.
“Dont know, Bam just wanted to have one. I guess for a 'good job in Europe' sorta thing,” I picked up a martini that had been sitting and waiting for me at the little bar that Bam had organized. I could feel Kat's eyes on me still, even though I tried to be as cool as I could about it all.
After gulping my first drink down quickly, needing it after al ong day of getting everything organized, I saw my mom coming into the back yard scared by everyone around her.
“Mom! This is Kat Von D. The girl from LA who's my boss and bestfriend,”I pulled my mom over to Kat who shook her hand tightly and smiled down at her.
“Hi Mrs.Nowek, it's nice to meet you,” Kat was being incredibly sweet to my mom, talking about the most random things when I desided to run away and find my man.
Bam was inside with Novak, Dunn, Johnny Knoxville and Jess talking with beers in their hands. I walked up and wound my arm around Bam's waist. He responded right away by kissing my temple and wrapping his arm around me.
“When are we going to sit down babe?” I looked up at him and saw the excited look on his face. He thought for just a second before he nodded towards the guys.
“Lets go now babe, before everyone's to wasted,” The guys laughed and Johnny piped up and said, “It's a little to late for that one Bam, look at Steve O,” Our eyes followed his pointed finger to see Steve O already in his underwear walking around with two beers in his hands.
It took a few minutes for everyone to get organized and sat down, but when they were all finally sitting, they looked up at Bam and I. I was sitting in my chair, nervously drinking my martini, thank god for the bartender! Bam stood and picked up a mic that had been brought over to our table.
“Thanks everyone for coming. It means alot to Ashleigh and I,” He looked over and smiled at me before looking back out at everyone.
“Over the last couple of years, everyone's lives have been crazy and hectic, but if I didn't have Ashleigh then I wouldn't know what to do,” I stood up and walked over to Bam as he wrapped his arm around my waist.
“Thats why, when we were in Finland,” Bam paused as we both looked at the anticipating expressions of everyone in the crowd. “Thats why, I asked her to marry me,” There was a solid silence before anyone else said something. I smiled and looked at my mom who's jaw almost hit the floor.
“And I said yes,” I smiled as I finally held out my hand for everyone to see the ring on my finger. Not everyone could see it, but the band and the stones were big enough to see without up close detail. Clapping broke out threw the crowd as we all started to hug and kiss our way threw everyone. Kat had tears in her eyes by the time I got to her.
Once we were threw, HIM started to play our song, and with that Bam and I danced and partied the night away.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK so there are only a few more chapters of this story that i'm putting up. i don't have a sequel for it at all, but maybe if there is enough demand i'll write a sequel, but i've been finished it for about 2 months, so if someone gives me the right insperation! you all will get a sequel