Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 16

I dressed slowly, thinking of thwe last couple of days. This would certainly be the last time I come to Jackson. I did the button on my jeans and looked in the mirrior there was no mark on my neck from where Bill had attacked me. I looked clean and healthy. I'd have to thank Eric for that sometime. I wasn't sure what to think about Sookie at this point. She was a great person and had helped me in times of trouble. But Eric wanted her more then anything else in the world it seemed. I grabbed my coat and walked into the living room where I sat to wait for Eric. There were stains fo blood on the groud from when the night before. It sent chills down my spine to think that it all actually happened. I was hoping that I could just pass it off as a dream and not acutally find any evidence that it happened.
I didn't even notice when Eric came out of his room fully dressed and ready to go. I was off in my own world. He tapped me on my shoulder to get my attention and I jumped. He smiled and held out his hand. I took it graciously and followed him to the door. Every where I looked there were drops of blood on the floor from the previous night and I figured it might just be better if I didn't loook down.
I followed Eric into the elevator and watched as he pushed the highest level button again. I could feel the anxiety starting in my chest and squeezed Eric's had hard. He didn't even look over when I dug my nails into the side of his hand, trying to calm myself. We came to the open clear night and it felt amazing to have the cool breeze brushing past my skin. I closed my eyes the second the doors opened and just let Eric lead me. He wrapped his arms around me again like the first time and then I felt the rushing air round.
Soon enough we were still yet the wind was still blowing past us quickly. Eric held on to me with one hand and I heard him tap on the window. It creaked open and there was the quiet murmur of a female voice. Eric pressed me to his chest again and told me to hold on. He went threw the window with me still attachted to him. Once my feet were on some solid ground I finally opened my eyes and let go of Eric.
"How ya feelin Nikki?" Sookie was the first one in the apartment that I saw and I smiled at her. Eric had mentioned to me before how she could read peoples thoughts so I tried to keep my mind as blank as I could.
"I'm feelin alot better now Sook, thanks again fot helping me." I smiled and I hoped she could read the sincerity of my thanks in my head. Sookie smiled at me and nodded. Eric had already left the room so it was only Sookie and I left in it.
"Uh Nikki, mind if I talk to you for a second?" Sookie took my hand and lead me over to the bed. I wasn't sure what this was about, but I went along with it.
"I hope you dont mind, but the last time I read your thoughts I heard all those horrible things that your boyfriend had done to you." She took my hand in hers again and placed her other hand on top of it. "Now I don't know Eric that well, but I know he can be a big softie sometimes, so you shouldn't have to worry about him ever hurting you." She smiled at me and I started to get nervous. I wondered if her and Alcide thought that I was dating Eric?
"Yes - oh darn sorry!" She answered the question straight out of my head and my eyes went wide. I had never heard of anything like this before and it was a complete shock to me to actually know that she could do it.
"So I'm the only one thats acutally 100% human here then?" I gave her a weird look and she gave me a weak smile. I nodded to myself and tried not to think of anything.
"Don't worry, I'm practicin on not listening to peoples thoughts unless I need to. Thats why I spend so much time with Bill and vampires in general. I cant hear their thoughts," We both heard foot steps at the end of what she said and looked towards the door. They were hard heavy footsteps so we both knew that it was Alcide coming. He stopped in the door way and looked at the both of us.
"Uh, Sook. You might want to come out here for this," He looked nervous and awkward at the same time. She got up and walked past him out fo the room. Alcide came in the room slowly, even though it was his own, and then sat down next to me.
"So how are you and Eric?" I wasn't really expecting this question from him and just looked at him for a second with a blank look on my face.
"Alcide, Eric and I aren't dating. " I said it bluntly and waited for his response. Alcide was quiet for a minute or two while the others were talking in the other room.
"Well if you aren't dating Eric then why are you here with him?" Alcide looked down at me with a confused look on his face and i couldn't blame him. I didnt even get why Eric brought me to Jackson with him.
"Well I'm not exactly too sure, but I better be getting paid for the shit I'm dealing with this trip!" By the end of the sentance I was laughing and Alcide joined me quickly.
"Well if you arne't dating him and don't know why you are here then you wanna leave them here and go get something to eat?" Alicde stood up and stuck his hands in his pockets. I looked up at his strong amazing body and then to his face. Even with the couple of days of stubble starting to be seen even more he looked like a little boy. It was hard not to smile up at him and jump at the thought of being with a human. I had just spent the last couple of days with Eric and it was starting to kill me. I jumped up and told him to get his things, I already had everything that I needed to leave. He snuck into the kitchen, past whoever was there and then met me at the door. He opened it quietly and we both snuck out.
We ran down the hall like children and then down the stairs to the front door. When we got to the street we started to walk along with the others that were going about their buisness. It was easy to be myself around Alcide and joke with him about things that Eric had no idea about. We came up to a popular resturant that was always busy in Jackson. I walked in first and noticed that I knew lots of the people that were working and started to talk to everyone. I made sure we didn't have to wait for hour and a half to get a table and were able to get a perfect table.
Alcide smiled at me while I told him about my life that I used to live here in Jackson. I told him about the different people i knew, and all the bars that I worked at.
"Well why did you leave then?" I wasn't expecting that question. I put the menu down and looked into my drink. Alcide asked again and I looked up at him with a weird expression.
"Uh I left here cause well of that douche bag boyfriend that you guys found me with. I was with him for a long time and then just desided that after he nearly killed me that it was time to leave," I took a sip of my drink and looked around the resturant. There were people everywhere. There were couples and groups of people all eating and drinking and having a good time.
Alcide just nodded his head as if he understood.
"What about you? Aren't you seein someone?" this time Alcide seemed akward as if he didn't want to tell me about it.
"Yah my last girlfriend Debbie, she's sorta crazy now," He looked down at his folded hands on the table and didn't say anything. I didn't say anything for a while, just watched everyone around us. Alcide seemed as if he was thinking and not sure what he was going to do, but I didnt disturb him. A bunch of people had pushed some of the tables over and had turned the music up louder so that they could dance around. I knew at that second how to make Alcide happier. I put my drink down and stood up, he looked at me with a weird look. I smiled a wicked smile and grabbed his hand.
"Come onn!" I tugged at him to get out of his chair.
"What?"
"We gotta dance come on!! like hell i'm not going to have a fun night out while i'm here in Jackson!" Alcide stood up a second later and followed me onto the dance floor. I wans't sure how much he had danced before or if he even liked it, but i guess I was going to find out.
Alcide and I slipped threw the crowd quickly and started to dance next to the people we didn't know. We swayed to the music perfectly and it seemed that I fit into him just right. Alcide wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. I was so used to the coldness of Eric that it was almost a shock when Alcide was warm, even hot. It was hard not to press myself against him while we danced to the club music that played loudly. When the song was over I ran to the bar and got 2 shots of tequilla for us. I waved Alcide over and he looked down at the shots.
"Please tell me those are for us," A smile started to grow on his face and I couldn't help but smile back. I handed him one and picked up the other for myself. We clinked the shots together and knocked them back. I smashed my glass down on the bar top a second before Alcide did and we looked at eachother. Alcide smiled and called the bartender over and asked for another two. I shook my head and laughed at Alcide. I was happy I could hold my liquor too.
I was starting to loose count of how many songs we had danced for and how many shots that I had consumed. We started to watch as the people in the bar/resturant were starting to file out. When we went over to pay for our large bar tab, they said that they were going to be closing in 10 mniutes and that we needed to head out. Alcide asked what time it was. The bar tender laughed and said it was almost 3am.
I thought about the great fun that I had, it was deffiently one of the best nights that I've had in a long time. There was a lingering thought of Eric in the back of my mind and of what he was going to say when he finds me at the hotel wasted, but I didn't care. I couldn't help myself when my body was starting to crave companionship. Alcide seemed the same way. He had his arm around my shoulders permantly, and I had mine around his waist. We grabbed our things and started for the door.
I was starting to notice, while we stummbeld down the street, that Alcide was looking at me every few seconds. I wasn't thinking much of it until Alcide tugged my arm. I spun around and almost fell over. He caught me quickly and I was pressed up against his chest. My eyes traveled up his face and then to his eyes, they were staring back at me intently. I wasn't sure what was going to happen next but I could feel my body tingling. I watched his eyes travel down to my mouth and thne back up to my eyes. I didn't move as Alcide leaned in and kissed me. His lips were warm and comforting - it was hard not to resist it. I pressed my lips to his and started to wrap my arms around his neck.
Last time I had checked we were in the middle of the sidewalk with other people still walking around, but now everything was dark and I felt my back press up against something. I opened my eyes for the breif second that we gave each other to breath and saw that we were in an alley. I closed my eyes again when he pressed his lips against mine again. They were so addicting. I wrapped my arms around Alcides neck while he pressed me up against the wall. He lifted my legs up at the same time and hooked them around his waist. A chill ran down my spine as I wrapped my legs around Alcide. I could feel every part of his unexposed body pressing up against me. The more I thought about Alcide, the more I wanted him. He ran his hands up and down my sides grabbing at my hips and holding them to his primitivly.
I broke away from his lips and started to kiss down the side of his neck. I clutched at him as if I wasn't going to live threw what he was making me feel. Alcide moaned into my ear as I pulled at his shirt, no so secretly telling him I wanted him and his clothes on the ground - now. He started to tug at the waist of my jeans, silently telling me he wanted them off. I wasnt sure if there was anyone close or if anyone could see us, but that was the last thing that was on my mind. I hadn`t felt this alive for a long time. It felt that, with Alcide , our skin was on fire and each touch to my skin made me want him even more, some how hoping that he'd tame the fire that was building inside me and inside himself.
The top button of my jeans was undone quickly while I tugged his pants open. I paused for a second and Eric came to my mind. I wasn't sure why of all things I was thinking of Eric, but there was a strange part of me that was wishing that the person pressed up against me now was him. I pushed the thought from my mind and slowly ran my hand down into Alcides pants. His breath was heavy next to my ear and mine in his.
"What are you doing were?"
I heard the voice before I knew who it was, but once they were silent I knew exactly who it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh hope you enjoy this :D