Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 9

My mind was still in a haze when I wrapped myself in a thick bathrob and started going threw the contents of my suitcase. Eric had odviously packed for everything, making it seem that he didn't even truely know what we were doing on this trip.
I picked outn a black, fitted dress that clung to every curve that I had. I looked myself over in the mirrior and thought it looked perfect for the situation. i wasn';t sure what we were doing and I wanted Sookie and Alcide to have a good impression of me. The dressed just stopped before my knee, and the back of it hung lose to the middle of mine. THere wasn't much clevage, but enough to tell that I could have lots. I didn't do much to my hair other then make it straight and put just a little make up on. I dug threw my bag a little more to see what shoes that were in there. Eric had deffiently packed for all ocations. There were sandles, boots and pumps. I smiled when I picked up a gorgeous pair of black stilletoe pumps. I slipped them on and they were perfect for my outfit.
I pulled my bedroom door closed as I walked into the small living room of the hotel suit we were sharing. Eric sat on the couch. He didn't move or maske a sound. He was just staring at something outside the window. I took this as my chance to look him over and to make sure that my outfit would match his. We were both dressed in all black, except for he was wearing a tight black sweater and black jeans. I cleared my throat and his eyes shot over to my direction. He smirked and stood up. It only took him a few steps to cross the living room and stand about a food away from me.
He looked over my outfit and smiled down at me with approval. "Ready I assume?" i nodded and smiled at him. He took a step closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wasn't sure what to do but the second his hands touched me my body quivered again at the thought of what we had just gone threw. Eric smirked down at me. He closed his eyes as if he was enjoying something, and I stood there waiting for him to come back to reality.
"You still smell like me, like sex," He smirked again and started to wal away to the door. I couldn't help but smirk myself as I walked out fo the hotel room and continued down the hall with Eric.
I followed Eric int othe elevator and wondered why he picked to go to the highest floor. I just assumed that they were rooming up there and thought nothing of it. When the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened I screamed. I could see all over the city of Jackson. Eric walked on to the roof without a problem and looked back at me with a look of confusion.
"Why are we here?!" I hadn't moved from the elevator wall as I clung to the rails that were in there. I could feel my knees shaking and the color draining from my face.
"We are going to go see Sookie and Alcide," Eric held out his hand towards me to accept, but I couldn't move. After a moment Eric realized that something was wrong and walked back towards me.
"What is wrong?" Eric's voice was cool but there was a tone of irritence in the background.
"Eric, I'm terrified of heights. I can't do this, I can't move," My voice cracked with panic as I looked out over the dark city.
Eric stepped clsoer to me and placed his hand on top of mine.
"I won't let anything happen. You wont fall or anything. I promise," He pulled my fingers off of the railing and started working on the other hand. When he was finished my back was still pressed against the wall. He slid an arm under my shoulders and slwoly pulled me away from the elevator. I tried to tell my feet to move atleast a little bit, but my legs wouldn't work. Eric dragged me to the middle of the roof where he stood with no problem.
The wind was blowing my hair everywhere and I stood freezing and terrified of what was going to happen next.
Eric pressed his body up against mine, and for a second I forgot that we were standing on the roof of a very tall building. He wrapped my arms around his neck and gave me a look. I clutched my hands behind his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. Eric held me tightly to him and looked down at me.
He didnt say a single thing when I felt the wind around us starting to move faster. I closed my eyes and pressed my face up against his chest. I tried to count to 100, but I got lost in the first 10 numbers. A minute later we had stopped moving, yet I could still feel the wind whipping around me. There was a loud tapping noise. I heard the opening of something and then the voice of a southern girl.
"Eric what the hell are you doing?" She sounded spunky and with lots of attitude.
"Good evening Sookie, would you please invite me in. My coworker and I wouldn't like to be out here all night," Eric's voice was smooth and powerful. I didn't dare open my eyes cause if I was right, and we had actually just flown to where ever we were, then well , we weren't on the ground yet. I heard the foot steps of a man coming from the inside.
"Alicde, can you invite Eric in please. He's got to talk to us," Her southern voice was sweet now, and I ssumed that this was Sookie. There was a grunt from inside and then a male voice said "Fine, Eric please come in,"
Eric moved now and the wind moved around us slightly. When I felt solid ground on the bottom of my feet was when I finally lifted my head. I opened my eyes and Eric was lookingpast my shoulders. I released my grip from around his neck and turned to see the other two in the room. There was a small attractive blonde girl, that wore a cute summer dress. The other was a tall man who looked tough.
"Sookie, Alicde, this is the new dancer at Fangtasia, Nikki. Nikki this is Alicde and Sookie," As he made the introductions he pointed at each person. I shook hands with both of them.
"It's really nice to me ya, but Eric, why did you bring her with you, no offence," Sookie gave Eric a wondering look and I just nodded and smiled. Erics eyes were wicked as he looked Sookie over and smirked at her.
"What? I'm not allowed my own sex toy?" He said this so seriously I took a step away from him. I wasn't going to cause a scene infront of the people that I had just met, but both Sookie and Alcide gave me sympathetic looks.
"Uh, Nikki would you like to come get a drink with me in the kitchen while we let these two talk?" Alicde took a step forward to me and nodded in the direction of the open door. I nodded and followed him without one look over my shoulder. I followeed him into the kitchen and took a seat at the small kitchen table that was there.
"What would you like? i've got beer, pop, vod-"
"Vodka, I'll take a vodka," I felt bad for cutting him off but I wasn't in the mood to wait. I needed a drink.Alicde nodded and served himself the same thing.
"So what's it like worknig for Eric?" Alcide had taken the seat next to me at the small round table and sipped on his drink. I thought for a moment.
"Well it's been fine I supose," There really wasn't much better answer other then that. The only time I had to complain about, just happened.
"Really? I've heard hes such an asshole. Really cruel and mean," Alcide took a sip of his drink. "Sookie says that he's always doing everything he can to get with her. He seems to not care that shes with Bill," He sounded a little bitter but I took a long sip of my drink when he finished. Great, That was just what I needed to hear after sleeping with my boss.
A moment later we were Sookie loudly saying, "No Eric, I love Bill. I don't want to be with you, would you just stop it!" We both heard her little stomping feet making their way towards the kitchen when Eric then said, "Oh just you wait, you'll want me soon enough,"
They both entered the room together. Sookie looked frustrated and Eric looked turned on but the frustration that Sookie held towards him. Alcide and I took one look at each other and both knocked back the rest of our drinks.
"Now that you two are finished, what are we going to do?" Alicde stood up and offered Sookie his seat. She nodded and took it from him. She pressed her palm to her forhead and thought hard.
"Well first of all, Nikki, I've got to take you back to the hotel. Sookie and I," Eric looked Sookie over and then looked at Alcide, "And Alcide, need to go do something important. Id like for you to wait for me there." Eric walked up and checked his watch as if it seemed like the most normal thing in the world.
My irritence was starting to grow into anger and I took a deep breath. Nothing good came out of ever getting mad at a vampire. I thought it over for a minute and figured that I'd just take myself back to the hotel. Eric and I each had our own key and I already knew the city.
I stood and smiled at Sookie and Alicde.
"It's ok Eric. I'll just take myself back to the hotel room," I didn't bother looking at him when I said this, and he didn't seem that interested in what I had to say. "Alicide, thanks for the drinkit was nice to meet you. Sookie, it was nice to meet you too," I smiled at both of them and looked at Alcide to show me where the door was.
I followed Alcide to see where the front door was. He opened the door for me and I walked threw it. I turned and thanked him again.
"Don't worry about it, anyone who had to put up with Eric as much as you seem to do, needs a drinking buddy everyonce in a while," We both laughed at what he said. We said goodbye and I heard the door close while I waited for the elevator.
Down on the street the air was warm and I was lucky that I didn't bring a jacket with me. There was only about 8 block between where I was now and the hotel thatwe were staying in. It was such a nice night ot that I thought walking might do me some good, since now all I did was drive everywhere.
I walked the blocks slowly, taking in the sights of my old city and enjoying the atmosphere of it. i came to the street where our hotel was on and noticed that there was a bar just on the corner of the street across from it. I looked down at the dress I was wearing and desided that I looked to good just to go back to the hotel like this.
In the clutch in my hand I had about 100 bucks that I didn't have in there before. I guessed Eric had slipped it in there while we were flying to go see Sookie and Alcide. The bar across the street seemed busy, but what the hell. I was going to have a drink on Eric that night - maybe even several
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 hope you guys enjoy it!! please let me know what you think